Confirmed Trade: [WSH/DET] Anthony Mantha for Jakub Vrana, Richard Panik, 2021 1st, and 2022 2nd

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Objective upgrade at the position for the Caps. To the people thinking Vrana is as good as Mantha, eh oh el. Panik is a dump and the Caps weren't going to pay Vrana

Reactions: Guttersniped

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Vrana just too fragile between the ears. Yes he has speed and skill/good shot, but there's more to the game then hovering around the opponents blue line looking for a great outlet pass to go on a fast break. No board/corner work and playing both sides of the puck is not his game, quite temperamental. When in Hershey once left the arena to walk around the outside of the stadium to pout. Lacks maturity!

Shultzyfeelinirie25

Jun 29, 2018
Great deal for Detroit I wish mantha the best I'm fine with this. He was never going to be more than what we already had of him that's for sure so move on and hope he takes off elsewhere while giving us assets

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I’m following the assumption of McKenzie and assuming the Caps view this as two separate deals + getting cost certainty for them in a flat cap era with Mantha probably being worth a pretty penny league wide as well.

Hopefully this can end up being good for both sides.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
As a Caps fan, I hate it. I know Laviolette isn’t a fan of Vrana. But he has a lot of upside.
Laviolette isn’t the issue. Vrana hasn’t had a North American coach who did like him, he’s kind of the problem.

I also don’t get why people keep acting like he’s 21 and has potential yet realized. Vrana is 25 and has pretty much shown us what he is.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
idiot Capitals management, Vrana is better player than Ovechkin (excluding peak Ovechkin). WTF??? Nooooooooooooooooooooo
Please tell me this is a joke.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This trade screams to be that the Capitals have always had overrated management and got played by Steve Yzerman.

I see why the trade happened in a Capitals point-of-view being how they're looking for a good contract and a consistent player. But that's still overpay for Mantha, happy for Detroit fans knowing Yzerman will make the best out of this one.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Yzerman can't keep getting away with it

DefenselessWideeyedBrahmanbull-small.gif

illpucks

May 26, 2011
As a Caps fan, I hate it. I know Laviolette isn’t a fan of Vrana. But he has a lot of upside.
Laviolette can go and f*** himself....I can't believe this. Vrana is Washington Capitals best player. This is Burakovsky 2.0. Idiot Management. Vrana will be league superstar.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like the deal in the long term for the Wings. I think Vrana has a real chance to shine in Detroit and how they are coming up. I always said Yzerman is one of the best judge's of talent in the NHL.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
FWIW Vrana was an inconsistent, somewhat disappointing player on a team with a Cup-winning core and a ton of veteran leadership while Mantha was an inconsistent, somewhat disappointing player on a team full of parts off the scrap heap designed to get a top 4 pick. I think the odds aren't bad that Mantha will do better in Washington than he did in Detroit. Meanwhile, Vrana is an RFA and who knows what the Wings' plan there is.

Reactions: Guttersniped

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
idiot Capitals management, Vrana is better player than Ovechkin (excluding peak Ovechkin). WTF??? Nooooooooooooooooooooo
Please tell me this is a joke.

Laviolette can go and f*** himself....I can't believe this. Vrana is Washington Capitals best player. This is Burakovsky 2.0. Idiot Management. Vrana will be league superstar.

I looked at your first post and thought you had forgotten a sarcasm-smiley. Then I saw the second post :eek::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad