Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Sergei Shumakov to ELC [1 year, $925K]

Edison

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah but there are no fellow russians at edmonton. And russians usually usually needs their buddies or nice weather or manhattan.

Reactions: LAINEC

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
We need a come to Besiktas style campaign for the Oilers.
Anyways, come to Edmonton!

We have the worst top6 wing depth in the league! Next to McDavid or Draisaitl!
:laugh:

The come to Besitkas’ messages had me dead

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I wouldn’t mind Dallas giving him a shot. Big hole on the second line left wing, played on the same team as Nichushkin and Radulov in the KHL. Would likely play with one of these guys and Spezza on a scoring line.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
no idea if credible

Striker Sergei Shumakov said that the next season will play in the NHL.
"It's highly likely that I will continue my career in the NHL.
But I would not want to give any detailed comments without a signed contract.
The club is already defined, but which one - you will find out very soon, "said Shumakov.
Earlier it became known that Shumakov, who last season played for CSKA Moscow, is interested in "Washington"

Сергей Шумаков: «Я уже определился с клубом в НХЛ. Скоро все узнаете»

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
washington makes sense, they did just win the cup and have a solid Russian hockey connection, what with Ovie and Kuznetzov

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The thing which really separates Shumakov from the pack is his fearlessness. For a pretty small guy he is relentless as hell.. Especially in those Sibir days when they had to do it all the hard way.. I think his skill is a bit overhyped here, it's like some posts were written by his agent ( :sarcasm: ), and his skating isn't grade-A but he is definitely skilled enough. If he doesn't get smashed to bits he will do fine..

Overall, I think how much he relied on his physicality is probably going to hurt him, at first at least, since life crashing the net isn't the easiest one in the NHL, if you are barely 6 feet tall especially.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
TOR?

Why?

He grew up rooting for them too? Nice blankie and all?
I know right! Tavares is the only kid in the world who had his favorite team PJs. Man do they even make that stuff. A team blankie? No one would would even make that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad