Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals re-sign Andre Burakovsky (2 years, $3M AAV)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Phew this is a great deal for now.

He's going to be expensive in 2 years but they didn't really have a choice with their cap situation.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
I was sweating bullets before this one...
Good deal, Bura is gonna be a beast.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Phew this is a great deal for now.

He's going to be expensive in 2 years but they didn't really have a choice with their cap situation.

He may or may not. He is still a 40pt player at best .. he needs to have a breakout season in order to really ask for the moon in two years

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
He may or may not. He is still a 40pt player at best .. he needs to have a breakout season in order to really ask for the moon in two years

Definitely.

My point is that this is the deal Kuznetsov signed 2 years ago. I would prefer these bridge deals to have that 3rd year (see: Kucherov) for a team that's looking to contend short-term (and most likely rebuild after that). Capitals didn't really have an option for that because they couldn't offer Burakovsky more salary for that additional year.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Definitely.

My point is that this is the deal Kuznetsov signed 2 years ago. I would prefer these bridge deals to have that 3rd year (see: Kucherov) for a team that's looking to contend short-term (and most likely rebuild after that). Capitals didn't really have an option for that because they couldn't offer Burakovsky more salary for that additional year.

Agreed.

We could have signed Galchenyuk for 6 years 4.3m two years ago..

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's the deal with this guy? Some games you see him and you think he's one of the most dangerous guys out there, but then you see he doesn't produce at a level his talent/play suggests he should.

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
Basic bridge deal, I would've shot for $4.5ish for 4-5 years to stave off the big payday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad