Wrestling All-Time Draft III - Discussion Thread Two

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
BTW, thanks to those who didn't put a bunch of bold and underlines for their cards :p:

It took me an hour to replicate all the cards SMH :laugh:

I wish I at least bolded my matches so that people can see the wrestlers a little easier. Also Cutter, I just noticed that I have Steel Cage Match listed twice on my card. The Stu Hart and Danny Hodge match is supposed to be just a regular match. I wrote the title for my main even before I did it because I was delegating where I was going to use what and where. Can you please change that? If that changes anyone's vote, then I'm not sure what we can do. Maybe DQ for an illegal card?

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
I wish I at least bolded my matches so that people can see the wrestlers a little easier. Also Cutter, I just noticed that I have Steel Cage Match listed twice on my card. The Stu Hart and Danny Hodge match is supposed to be just a regular match. I wrote the title for my main even before I did it because I was delegating where I was going to use what and where. Can you please change that? If that changes anyone's vote, then I'm not sure what we can do. Maybe DQ for an illegal card?

DQ ! lol just kidding , makes no difference to me , if CC wants to change that's cool - not DQ worthy
at least my card got a few votes
sorry to see 2 Calgary cards go head to head in the first round .... should have been the final :naughty:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
DQ ! lol just kidding , makes no difference to me , if CC wants to change that's cool - not DQ worthy
at least my card got a few votes
sorry to see 2 Calgary cards go head to head in the first round .... should have been the final :naughty:

A little too early to claim defeat yet Willy. We are the closest match up in the bracket and there's still 5 days to vote :laugh: At least one Calgarian is gonna move on though! We also have half the votes of the other cards for some odd reason.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
A little too early to claim defeat yet Willy. We are the closest match up in the bracket and there's still 5 days to vote :laugh: At least one Calgarian is gonna move on though! We also have half the votes of the other cards for some odd reason.

ya I noticed the fewer votes
it is close , win or lose still had fun - will be cheering for you if you move onto next round
a lot of great cards this year , will be a battle

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
BTW, thanks to those who didn't put a bunch of bold and underlines for their cards :p:

It took me an hour to replicate all the cards SMH :laugh:

Couldn't you click reply to the PM, then copy exactly what the other person had written and paste it somewhere else?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Well, this is certainly embarrassing... FOR THE VOTING PUBLIC! Enjoy seeing Balor take 16 German suplexes - each one a little less exciting than the previous. I'm taking my card to a different federation, after a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals :sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I wish I did too, among other things.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Right now...
I just want to know how I lost in such a landslide.
:laugh:

What is the problem with my card?
What did I do wrong?

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Right now...

What did I do wrong?

GB's card is a buzzsaw, IMO.
With international talent that people don't see very much, it can be a hard sell. La Sombra/Andrade/Cien Almas is going to debut in a week and people are going to be blown away, but unless you watched CMLL or been to an NXT house show lately no one would know.

For me, I know there is limited appeal in an Alex Wright-Negro Casas match....or even Baba-Wanz.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah a lot had to do with name recognition.....and also the sheer size of your card, nameless.

I don't know if I'm up for a ten-hour PPV. :laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah a lot had to do with name recognition.....and also the sheer size of your card, nameless.

I don't know if I'm up for a ten-hour PPV. :laugh:

That was what I thought too.
There were just too many wrestlers I liked...
And I wanted to do too many things.

Technically though...
GB's card is actually longer than mine...
Because 6 of my matches are in the pre-show...
And my main card only consists of 9 matches.
;)

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
GB's card is a buzzsaw, IMO.
With international talent that people don't see very much, it can be a hard sell. La Sombra/Andrade/Cien Almas is going to debut in a week and people are going to be blown away, but unless you watched CMLL or been to an NXT house show lately no one would know.

For me, I know there is limited appeal in an Alex Wright-Negro Casas match....or even Baba-Wanz.

Yeah...
I hear you.

GB's card is actually quite similar to mine...
As we pretty much have the same ideas...
And his wrestlers are better known.
It was a bad matchup...
Unfortunately.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Right now...

What did I do wrong?

This is a game, a big part of that game is selling to your audience. Some people on here will appreciate your awesome knowledge but many will have no idea who much of your roster is so it's hard for them to vote for you.

I think everyone respects the effort you put in, but like I said you have to play to the HF Universe and try win them over with something they want to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad