Wrestling All-Time Draft III - Discussion Thread Two

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Earthquake is the guy I coveted since around the 6th round. Could really move for a guy his size, but that's not something that was valued in WWF or WCW during that time. The stupid WCW gimmicks overshadow much of what he did, which included a program with Hogan in 1990/91 where he came out still a viable guy despite having that Dino Bravo stink on him for a while.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Clearly I misread something....we actually have to use up a draft pick to select a match type? :help: :laugh:

That seems....backwards. Everyone should be able to have a HIAC match if they want to.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Clearly I misread something....we actually have to use up a draft pick to select a match type? :help: :laugh:

That seems....backwards. Everyone should be able to have a HIAC match if they want to.

It was outlined at the start of the draft

Hell in a Cell
Ironman
Ladder/TLC
Hardcore
Steel Cage

matches only have a certain number available and need to be drafted to be used.

It's a cool spin on things I think.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I do think as a voter last year I found the cards to be a bit too gimmick heavy in terms of special matches because nobody had to make hard choices, so if you wanted a ladder match, cage match, and whatever else, you could have it. By limiting the supply, it forces everyone to put a value on a type of match. With it being 20 rounds, there's plenty of space for it.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I like that we have to pick a match type.
I am just surprised they are picked so early.
:laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Btw...
Where does last man standing match fit?
Is it under the hardcore/ no DQ category?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I think I really need to brush up on my knowledge.
I have no idea who Kimber Lee is.
Are there any matches that people would recommend?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I was never an Earthquake fan...
But that .gif in the draft thread featured a beautifully executed enziguri...
Which is especially impressive...
For someone his size.

Last edited:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I was never an Earthquake fan...
But that .gif in the draft thread featured a beautifully executed nice enziguri...
Which is especially impressive...
For someone his size.

If you think that's good, I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find him doing a dropkick against Tugboat. (It was on Monsoon Classic's twitter about a year ago) Frickin' unreal. He's wildly underrated and was so afraid someone would take him. Not many 400+ lb guys who can do that sort of thing. Vader and probably no one else.

Here he is doing a dropkick on The Giant in WCW.

RemorsefulDisguisedBaboon.gif

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
If you think that's good, I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find him doing a dropkick against Tugboat. (It was on Monsoon Classic's twitter about a year ago) Frickin' unreal. He's wildly underrated and was so afraid someone would take him. Not many 400+ lb guys who can do that sort of thing. Vader and probably no one else.

Man...
I got to remember him for next time.
:laugh:

Yeah...
He would be a good opponent for Vader.
Oh well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

He could of been WWF's top heel for a long run. Crazy atheltic and he was getting a great push until they **** canned it and Hogan started no selling his big whoopsie.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Kimber Lee is a really fun pick. She's grown on me over the years. Seeing her match with Kana about 3 years ago in-person totally sold me on her, and I'm thrilled that she's seen as much success as she's had.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
Sweet.
It is with LaRae too.
Thanks GB.
:thumbu:

When I was looking for a match in my sleep addled morning state to show you I knew that'd be the one for you :)

Kimber Lee is a really fun pick. She's grown on me over the years. Seeing her match with Kana about 3 years ago in-person totally sold me on her, and I'm thrilled that she's seen as much success as she's had.

I'm so jealous. And she's the third person in the LaRae/De Rey fight.

Thanks! My list has dwindled but Ive always liked Vampiro. Gotta figure out where I am going now.

That's a really good pick and I think there are a lot of good match options for him still available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad