GDT: Wrestlemania 33 Part 4 and PGT

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
bayley had a huge nipslip....like it wasn't even close i don't know if anyone picked up on it but i just found out. :laugh:

Also....

C8dJtI-UAAAxLup.jpg:large

That is a masterpiece.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Seems like a stretch.

HHH and Steph love throwing jabs at Punk. Remember the dynamic is that Vince likes Punk and would sign him back but Trips and Steph can't stand the guy.

I don't know if I'd call it petty. It's usually something subtle like going for the plunge or they reference him to shut up the idiots chanting Punk's name. It's not a big deal. I think Steph loves thinking of what jab she is going to throw back at Chicago crowds.

Edit: that Orton/Wyatt match would have been an all-time classic comedy match if that photo of HHH actually had been projected on the ring randomly.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
overall i enjoyed wm 33. some matches were good some where meh. or boring. marked out for the hardys. hopefully they get to do their broken hardy brother nero gimmicks. takers last match... so sad a legend! first vote ballot for Hall of fame for sure. weather its next year or a few years down the road. one of the sole survivors of the wwe attitude era. others include triple h and jericho. womans match for both shows were alright. randy orton/bray wyatt. was kinda surprising. battle royal=wtf big show sendoff last match eliminated?... ambrose/corbin match meh. shane and aj was really good. neville/aries was good also. so many close pinfalls.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
HHH and Steph love throwing jabs at Punk. Remember the dynamic is that Vince likes Punk and would sign him back but Trips and Steph can't stand the guy.

I don't know if I'd call it petty. It's usually something subtle like going for the plunge or they reference him to shut up the idiots chanting Punk's name. It's not a big deal. I think Steph loves thinking of what jab she is going to throw back at Chicago crowds.

Edit: that Orton/Wyatt match would have been an all-time classic comedy match if that photo of HHH actually had been projected on the ring randomly.
Oh HHH and Stephanie are definitely petty as hell about Punk. But I don't think teasing that move is a shot at Punk. I've seen Rollins tease it a couple times since adopting the pedigree too.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The main event was just really bad. I think Reigns did about the best he could and sold the sadness of having to put Taker down pretty well. Still lame that it's Reigns in that spot retiring him at all. Cena makes a bit more sense off the top of my head. Big match they missed out on for no reason. Never having Taker/Cena or Taker/Sting at WM is missed opportunities.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Cena should've been the one to retire Taker.

OT, but Rollins winning the World Title at Wrestlemania 31 is one of the GOAT Wrestlemania (and wrestling in general moments).

aw50bX8.jpg

:naughty:

He should be heir to the face of the company smh.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I actually felt bad for both of them in the main event. Undertaker because he was clearly a shot fighter who is just trying to credibly put Reigns over, regardless of whether or not he's cheered. Roman because I felt you could see it on his face that he knows that match sucks and this is how it's ending. The guy is put in this spot after the good matches he has and could've been a chance to have that legendary match, but it just wasn't happening and he was as sad as everyone else was. I vividly remember that look he had in the corner after working the match like a heel, he just looked...sad. Like he was at the vet and has to put down his dog. Would've probably made more sense to hit a tombstone than run the ropes for that spear, might've hated it at the time, but i would've accepted it.

Like even the people here who really do dislike and thinks he sucks in every way, did you feel during the match like "dude, you gotta end this, for everybody." The kid on the simpsons who says "stop, stop, he's already dead."

Also, I don't know if it was the audio, because I listen to JR on AXS every week where due to the nature of the broadcast, it sounds a bit wooden, but definitely acceptable, but he sounded like that. It felt a bit awkward when he was praising Reigns, like he does when he talks about Okada. It's like hearing Curt Gowdy in Summer Catch.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Can we also talk about the maggots, worms, roach thing during Bray's match?!!? :biglaugh: What the **** was that. Fire whoever came up with that. That was brutal.

In 10 years, someone will be on the network and watch that back and have to figure out what the hell just happened.

Pffff, this is just you being behind the curve as usual, my friend. The only thing better than the various projected decomposers was THE ****ING SNAKE!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The show was fine, some matches overdelivered and some matches underdelivered. That's Wrestlemania. The show as a whole was fine though.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
A few notes:

- Enjoyed this show much more on mute, where I had it up to the end of the RAW women's match.
- Mojo Rawley was a rather interesting pick to win ARMBAR. At least he has something to work with, and I knew it was a matter of time before they worked in Gronk since they are buddies.
- Dean Ambrose definitely pissed somebody off.
- Hardyz was a legit great moment there, and a pretty good ladder match. I thought Cesaro was going to break his ankle at one point but luckily he was fine.
- Shane vs AJ was fine. Not great, just fine.
- What a waste of John Cena, and I love Miz.
- Lesnar-Goldberg ended up being way better than I thought it would be. Nice little hoss fight, nothing wrong with that.
- The projector nonsense in the Bray match was odd....and even worse they show it the 2nd time then Orton just wins right after. Bray now 0-3 at WM.
- I really thought UT would be going over, but I could see about 12 minutes in that I was going to be wrong. And I think it was the right call by all parties.
- This won't be a popular opinion here but: Reigns was really good in that match when you consider he didn't have much to work with in there. My critique of Roman at least in-ring is that while he's been in great matches, he's never been the "lead guy" in any of them. Usually paired with a better worker like AJ, etc.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Full thoughts:

Aries/Neville: Missed this because I thought everything started at 6 and it was the one match I cared about. Sick about it.

Battle Royal: Only saw the ending with the Gronk stuff. Mojo > Jinder at the end? lol. Where was Strowman? Who was the fat hairy guy?

Ambrose/Corbin: Didn't watch.

Styles/Shane: Better than expected, but still a complete waste of AJ.

Owens/Jericho: Decent match, nothing special. Marked for the countdown clock. Giant list GOAT.

Raw Women's Title: Didn't watch. Not even sure who won

Raw Tag Titles Ladder match: Best match/moment of the night. Had a feeling it would be the Hardy's when New Day came out. DELETE!

Cena-Nikki/Miz-Maryse: Miz/crowd spots were great. I know Maryse has been out of the ring awhile but she's still a trained wrestler and she didn't get any offense. :shakehead Proposal was cringey af.

HHH/Rollins: This match didn't hold my attention. Was mostly watching Baseball with this as background noise.

Orton/Wyatt: GARBAGE. For starters Orton had no business winning. The match sucked and the **** with the bugs was awful and cheesy. It felt like that Whose Line Is It Anyway game with the green screen. Was half expecting Colin Mocherie to show up.

Lesnar/Goldberg: This match went totally as expected. Short and just a spamming of 4 moves. Meh.

SD Women's Title: Didn't really watch it but caught the ending. I knew Naomi was winning but did Bliss really have to eat the pin? :facepalm:

Reigns/Taker: Another crap match. I know it was all about the Taker retirement moment but still. Romanstandstalllol.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I tied for 1st place at our viewing party gambling pool. Would have won it outright if the Lesnar/Goldberg match had gone on for 15 more seconds (>5 minutes).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's a weird response when people are saying "I thought it was a good show.. here are my ratings:" And then every main event they are giving 1-3 stars at best.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
It's a weird response when people are saying "I thought it was a good show.. here are my ratings:" And then every main event they are giving 1-3 stars at best.

Yeah I agree. To me, it was the worst Mania in recent memory by a pretty good amount. The Hardyz ladder match, Goldberg/Lesnar and the Neville/Aries match were the only Wrestlemania tier matches to me.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yes, full credit to the booking of Lesnar/Goldberg - I thought it was fantastic and one of the very, very few bright spots on a pretty dismal last half of Mania.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I am at work and I am currently in a spreadsheet having to get rid of some rows, and every time I do I keep going DELETE! DELETE! So not a horrible Monday morning after staying up so late for that Mania.

It's just way too long nowadays. And it went downhill fast during the typical HHH snorefest.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Yes, full credit to the booking of Lesnar/Goldberg - I thought it was fantastic and one of the very, very few bright spots on a pretty dismal last half of Mania.

Dat Brock leap over the spear. I had Joey Styles in my head with the "OH MY GOOODDDD!!!!" :laugh:

I give WWE my dimes to watch Brock murder people. I got that tonight. The baddest man in the company walks out with a top belt. I'm happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad