GDT: Wrestlemania 33 Part 4 and PGT

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Roman Reigns backstage after defeating The Undertaker:

C8dhdrzVYAEr1k0.jpg

Jesus Christ that's gotta be the single most unenviable task I can possibly imagine.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Loved:
+ Cruiserweight opener could have been great in a 4 hour show. Was really quick paced and great.

+ Tag match. The pace, the offense, the spots, etc. Quick, destructive, great. Great moment when the Hardys came back.

Liked:
= KO/Jericho was good, not at the level it could have been.

= Women's match was okay... the Sasha botch was bad and Bayley winning had no feeling to it because it was ruined by her already having the title. That should have been Flair's first loss in the PPVs.

= AJ/Shane was slow but finish was great.

Let down:
- HHH/Rollins sucked.

Hated:
- The proposal
- Wyatt/Orton was the WOAT
- Lesnar/Goldberg
- Reigns/Taker
- Taker's retirement
- The show was ****ing 7 hours long.
I'm mostly with this, though I don't remember the Sasha botch. That match was sort of a letdown though. All the eliminations happen so suddenly. And that turnbuckle was barely off to eliminate Sasha (is that the botch?). Pretty meh match overall when they honestly could have torn the house down.

HHH/Rollins was okay. I think the commentary ruined a lot of it for me. Every 4 seconds Cole is saying "THE BAD KNEE THE BAD KNEE" and Graves is following it up with another comment about Rollins' knee. Took me completely out of the match. Cool ending though.

Also not surprised Wyatt/Orton sucked. Had no expectations at all going into that match. Has Boreton had a good match since the DB feud? He's just boring. It's why I wish he stayed in the Wyatt Family longer. It was fresh. What the **** is fresh about face Orton as champion? That is as boring as it gets. Wyatt should still be the champion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, Takers send off was nuts. Hardly anyone left which was good. A lot of pissed off dudes everywhere though...

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Also, now that we have all seen that MINUS FIVE STARS main event in which Undertaker looked like crap, I feel completely justified in saying I told ya so when people in the Smackdown thread a few months back were clamouring for a ****ing Taker title run. Jesus that would have been ridiculous. He looked absolutely awful. Washed up.

This job should have been done to Bray Wyatt at WM31.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Can we also talk about the maggots, worms, roach thing during Bray's match?!!? :biglaugh: What the **** was that. Fire whoever came up with that. That was brutal.

In 10 years, someone will be on the network and watch that back and have to figure out what the hell just happened.

I've been going back through some early 90's WCW stuff lately and that would have fit right in. The really stupid thing is it didn't even help Bray, so what the hell was the point?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kind of surprised people liked the Raw Women 4-way. They made Nia look good by needing the the three horsewomen to take her down, but that was all that happened. And then they barely got to do anything, Bayley didn't even get to do any of her moves. Sasha got to work her finish, plancha, and double knee spot and got out taking the exposed turnbuckle, I guess that was meant to protect her. Charlotte hit a corkscrew moonsault, missed another, and only quickly got the figure-8. Nobody converted a finisher and the finish came from nowhere. They worked the best they could but they got nothing. God forbid that would've been Bayley's moment, it would have sucked. Bad booking, weak build, short match that shouldn't have been elimination, and Charlotte should've never dropped the belt.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The maggots and worms were horrible, but it was all there to cover up for the fact Bray can't work a regular singles match and to me that's even worse considering he was the champion.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Kind of surprised people liked the Raw Women 4-way. They made Nia look good by needing the the three horsewomen to take her down. And then they barely got to do anything, Bayley didn't even get to do any of her moves. Sasha got to work her finish, plancha, and double knee spot. Charlotte hit a corkscrew moonsault,missed another, and only quickly got the figure-8. Nobody converted a finisher and the finish came from nowhere. They worked the best they could but they got nothing. God forbid that would've been Bayley's moment, it would have sucked. Bad booking, weak build, short match that shouldn't have been elimination, and Charlotte should've never dropped the belt.

The biggest problem with the match is that 3 of the 4 are the 3 that have been wrestling each other seemingly since the dawn of history. Smackdown has the same problem. It's not even creative. This is on Vince. He split the brands and stuck the writers with roughly 6 women and 6 tag teams, most of which are questionable if not total jobbers. Naturally, creative only uses the 2 or 3 acts that work.

Most NES wrestling games have larger rosters than the raw women's division.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Bray can work singles matches
I just have absolutely no idea what they're doing with his character

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The maggots and worms were horrible, but it was all there to cover up for the fact Bray can't work a regular singles match and to me that's even worse considering he was the champion.

There is no reason a mania match between Bray and Randy should have been as boring as that was. Bray had a classic with Bryan and worked very good matches with Cena and that was when he had a few years less experience than he does now.

His booking and character have been historically mismanaged but he is capable of doing work with a good worker.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The biggest problem with the match is that 3 of the 4 are the 3 that have been wrestling each other seemingly since the dawn of history. Smackdown has the same problem. It's not even creative. This is on Vince. He split the brands and stuck the writers with roughly 6 women and 6 tag teams, most of which are questionable if not total jobbers. Naturally, creative only uses the 2 or 3 acts that work.

Most NES wrestling games have larger rosters than the raw women's division.
He had Emma that he could've used to give to Sasha or Bayley in a pre-show or something. It's like they only build to set up the next big angle. Sasha putting over Charlotte was to set up Bayley to go over big at WM. Then he decided to hot-shot the title on Bayley and end the PPV streak of Charlotte, which was working, to start building to Sasha and Bayley's friendship for Sasha to turn heel. He's not letting the stories he set up to play out before setting up the next one. I kind of want them to all get away from each other because they're running in circles trying to set each other up to do something and never get a payout because they shift focus to setting up the next angle without finishing what they're doing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kind of surprised people liked the Raw Women 4-way. They made Nia look good by needing the the three horsewomen to take her down, but that was all that happened. And then they barely got to do anything, Bayley didn't even get to do any of her moves. Sasha got to work her finish, plancha, and double knee spot and got out taking the exposed turnbuckle, I guess that was meant to protect her. Charlotte hit a corkscrew moonsault, missed another, and only quickly got the figure-8. Nobody converted a finisher and the finish came from nowhere. They worked the best they could but they got nothing. God forbid that would've been Bayley's moment, it would have sucked. Bad booking, weak build, short match that shouldn't have been elimination, and Charlotte should've never dropped the belt.

For me they still did a good job with what they were given. The ****** build really hurt this match, but that wasn't their fault. They needed more time and needed the belt on Charlotte going in.

For what it was it was good. My big problem is it should of been amazing if they booked it going in correctly and gave them more time.

With the way the build was they should of had Sasha heel tonight and win the belt. Bayley winning lost its power because she was already champ. Needed 5 more minutes too

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There is no reason a mania match between Bray and Randy should have been as boring as that was. Bray had a classic with Bryan and worked very good matches with Cena and that was when he had a few years less experience than he does now.

His booking and character have been historically mismanaged but he is capable of doing work with a good worker.

Yeah he is capable of better then this. So is Orton, and I can't stand his matches. This match was just a mess.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They didn't need Sasha to turn heel tonight because that was too much going on for what they were given. 4-way elimination like that should get at least 20 minutes, they had to have had their time cut.

Sasha's talking about having claws so maybe that's happening tomorrow. I don't know, I think you have to finish up Charlotte and they can't keep holding off Nia getting title shots, it's going to be too many heels. I'd wait for the draft.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They didn't need Sasha to turn heel tonight because that was too much going on for what they were given. 4-way elimination like that should get at least 20 minutes, they had to have had their time cut.

Sasha's talking about having claws so maybe that's happening tomorrow. I don't know, I think you have to finish up Charlotte and they can't keep holding off Nia getting title shots, it's going to be too many heels. I'd wait for the draft.

Maybe feed Emma to Bayley and let Sasha and Charlotte have one more grudge match at payback. Bayley beat Charlotte clean tonight so that feud seems done.

Idk.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe feed Emma to Bayley and let Sasha and Charlotte have one more grudge match at payback. Bayley beat Charlotte clean tonight so that feud seems done.

Idk.

I'd be up for Sasha and Emma.

It's too many heels, if Sasha turns they need another face.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Miz eating up the ovation from the crowd as he was #beatingupJohnCena was one of my favourite moments
Kudos to Cena for letting Miz soak that in for a bit

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Miz eating up the ovation from the crowd as he was #beatingupJohnCena was one of my favourite moments
Kudos to Cena for letting Miz soak that in for a bit

I think he might have done that as a self preservation measure. Had they gone the full on squash route that I expected the crowd would have turned on Cena, well, more than it already had. He would have gotten Reigns/Goldberg levels of heat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad