Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 3 CHI @ DET

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I'm not managing my expectations as much as I have none. We're brutal underdogs and anything but a loss in this series would be a huge sensation. The Cup is something I will consider as a possibility perhaps when we have two wins in the Finals. :laugh:

Perhaps it's because my formative hockey years occurred in the age of dynasties but I'm only fully on the Cup bandwagon when I think we're one of the best 2-3 teams in the league and that hasn't been the case for perhaps three seasons or so and this year I would have put us between 14 and 20 and I'm too old/cynical to be of the "rah rah rah" school of blind belief.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Wasn't it that Our opponets compained about it and then they banned it?

I would much rather lose in Conference finals than in the finals to the Pens.

I'd rather watch the team play their best hockey until it isn't good enough, whenever that might be.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Just for fun, I'm curious if anyone else was disappointed with some of the things going on at JLA last night.

1. Don't throw octopi that disrupts the game. It's just not cool, it could give the other team an advantage, and that could be a jinx. You throw octopi during the national anthem and in the waning seconds if the game is clearly locked up. A 2 goal game with a minute and a half left isn't cool.

2. Playing "Don't Stop Believin'" with a minute and a half left in a 2 goal game. This is another thing reserved for when the game is locked up and the arena is in party mode. The game was not locked up at that point. Jinxing us again.

(For the record, jinxes are the dumbest thing ever, except as applied to Red Wings playoff hockey)
I actaully think it is a good point.
I'd rather watch the team play their best hockey until it isn't good enough, whenever that might be.
I do not want the Pens to win it all. Neither the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad