Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Three words: Jimmy ****ing Howard

Three more words: Pavel ****ing Datsyuk

Four more words: Gustav mother****ing Nyquist mother****ers

One more word: Babcock

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Now if someone could bump that "do you want Red Wings to miss the playoffs" thread or whatever it was called for good laughs. I don't know how you call yourself a fan when you're rooting for your team to lose in a playoff hunt, because if you get in - anything can happen. Still lots of hockey to be played but oh man is the team playing well or what.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Now if someone could bump that "do you want Red Wings to miss the playoffs" thread or whatever it was called for good laughs. I don't know how you call yourself a fan when you're rooting for your team to lose in a playoff hunt, because if you get in - anything can happen. Still lots of hockey to be played but oh man is the team playing well or what.

Agreed. But let's focus on what's happening now and not what was said a few months ago.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You know Eaves and Miller deserve a star. I also voted for Howard. Great saves.

I cannot believe the job Miller and Eaves did on the PK for us. Incredible. How many minutes was it? And then to score?! Insane.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
What a great game. It was one that Chicago threw everything at Howard but he didn't break. I thought that Chicago played a solid game as well, but Detroit finished on their chances. The disallowed goal was huge for Detroit as well.

Game 4 is going to be huge obviously. If Detroit wins game 4, I think they take the series. That won't be easy though. Chicago had the intensity and hustle today to win the game, but it just didn't work out for them.

Nice job Wings! Lets hope they don't get complacent.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Three words: Jimmy ****ing Howard

Three more words: Pavel ****ing Datsyuk

Four more words: Gustav mother****ing Nyquist mother****ers

One more word: Babcock

Just wanted to point this out...

Only one 7 seed in NHL history has taken down a 1 seed. That team was coached by...

babcock190_medium.jpg

Oct 18, 2006
Gustav Nyuqist is a future star. What an incredible goal. Love the third line, so much energy.

Eaves and Miller were spectacular tonight, great on the PK, blocking shots, skati hard. Both deserves huge credit.

Datsyuk's goal was an unbelievable snipe. As Cleary said, a real back breaker for Chicago.

Abdelkader was good, Filppula had maybe his best post season game, he was particularly strong on the forecheck.

Defense was pretty solid outside a couple of meltdowns. CC was rock solid, Quincey is quirky doing his job,

Kindl had a bad blue early but recovered extremely well and had a solid game finishing +2. He looks great offensively and keeping the puck in, becoming real strong in the corners.

And Jimmy Howard, stellar. What a game.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I think the Wings let some Chicago troll pick the 3 stars. Hjalmarsson got one. ?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
That was one of the best efforts in terms of hustle and taking a hit to make a play that I've seen from a Detroit team in a long time.

Just fantastic.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
Hawks looked like they didn't have a sweet clue what to do in the final minutes. Coach Q couldn't get his right guys on the ice, he ended up losing it at Crawford and Mike Kitchen to get him back in the net for a face-off.

Overall great game. Where are all the people who said this team didn't have a chance and said they were going to be swept?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Eaves
Miller
Howard

Nyquist and Dats both had sick goals, but I think those 3 were our best players tonight.

I hope Q continues to play Shaw, he's been one of the best players for us this series. :laugh:

On the no goal, it looked like a good goal to me, he was in the crease but did touch Howard at all. But there also shoulda been a penalty on Hjarmalsson before Kane's goal so I guess it evens out.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Problem now is that because they called some of the late goonery, the Wings actually ended up with more PPs in this one. So the whining will get even worse.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
Agreed. But let's focus on what's happening now and not what was said a few months ago.

Agreed.

I have sinned before by calling out the trolls that wanted the Wings to mail it in or the trolls that called the series a loss when they lost game 5 to Anaheim or the first game to Chicago. Not here mind you, but I have learned a valuable lesson.

Its not worth your time.

Let the trolls be trolls.

Damn it feels good to be a Wings fan right now. Lets hope they come out with the same intensity in Game 4.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Howard. Jeeeeez man. He's just doing what he's done all year. Keep us close when it's tight till the Wings can pull away. If he were just better at puck handling he'd be an elite goalie.

The PK units. Way to work. Hawks barely got anything going all game.

CC > Lashoff. Not even close.

NYQUISSSSST. I am so sad that he spent the first half of the season in GR. What a waste. He could have been developing the whole time in the NHL. He's only gotten better with every game. His first few games he was very tentative. Overhandling, mishandling. Look at how much more confident he is now. And stronger too, and takeaways. Wasted the first half. Too bad. But he's here now, so that's good.
Agreed.

I have sinned before by calling out the trolls that wanted the Wings to mail it in or the trolls that called the series a loss when they lost game 5 to Anaheim or the first game to Chicago. Not here mind you, but I have learned a valuable lesson.
So you say it's not worth your time, then you call people who don't agree with you, "trolls".

Good job, buddy.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Good Christ. I knew Millbury and co. would be focusing on the DA goal. Pathetic.

Great game by our boys tonight. It is so satisfying to watch some of our kids developing before our eyes.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Big Game James
Datsyuk
Nyquist

Did Nyquist switch places with Fil? I swore I saw him out with Z in the 3rd. Was he long-shifting or did he really get promoted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad