Pre-Game Talk: WQSF | Game 1 | Canucks @ Golden Knights in "Oh My God, It's a Mirage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Would be cool to see some stats on our fellow Canadian teams and what their longest no-playoff-series-drought are.
Edmonton2007201710 years
Calgary19972004 7 years
Winnipeg (O.G.) 1979 (inception) 1982 3 years
Winnipeg (modern) 2011 (inception) 2015 4 years
Toronto 20062013 7 years
Montreal 1999 2002 3 years*
Ottawa 1992 (inception) 1997 5 years
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*(historically, they also missed 3 consecutive years in 1920, 1921, and 1922)

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I am surprised how well they played the Blues if that continues it's going to be a tough series for either team to win and some great hockey , Canucks have a good run going be fun to see them in this next series .

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
First game of the third round in the books and Dallas with a nice win over the Avs, extending that series to at least 5 games! See you tomorrow Vegas!

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
not historically. They’ve pretty much had our number since coming into existence.

I really don’t consider much from before this season, this team took a huge step forward this year. This season they’re 1-1 against Vegas and I really don’t see anywhere that Vegas is head and shoulders better than Vancouver. Will be a really interesting series.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
oh before I forget... did any other team have "moving day" today? I'm a little concerned that pushed them out of their routine immediately before they were to play the next round and now they're in a new hotel with new beds & pillows.

Not good timing NHL - did they really have to move?

HockeyNightInAsia

Mar 22, 2020
oh before I forget... did any other team have "moving day" today? I'm a little concerned that pushed them out of their routine immediately before they were to play the next round and now they're in a new hotel with new beds & pillows.

Nucks are the only 7-12 seeds advancing to “Round 2”, so I assume no other teams have to.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

This was part of the plan all along if teams move forward (consolidating the teams to one hotel). It makes sense, as they’ve gone from 24 teams, to 16, to 8 now.

CambieKev

Scout. Future Considerations, Dobber Prospects.
Aug 26, 2019
Here's a look at the Vegas Golden Knights' offensive opportunities in the first period of their most recent match against Chicago.

Notice all of the cross-ice pass attempts in the offensive zone, the crisp outlets, head-man passes through the neutral zone, and the aggressive, three-man forecheck. The defence are active in the offensive zone too. Vegas will be a handful for the Canucks defensively, as Vancouver generally had a tough time tracking backdoor plays this season.

A little bit of the second period as well:

I posted a few short clips on Twitter, including a collection of VGK's goals in their matches against Vancouver in 2019-20.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
last night i came across a twitter post, regarding jason botchford may he rest in peace. it was something he wrote a small excerpt. somebody asked him "why does our world seem to be collasping and eveything seemed so shitty. he responded with "thats the way it goes, but don't forget it goes the other way too"
thats the way hockey in vancouver is. usually, this is the way it goes. but every once in awhile, it goes the other way too" I can't wait for it to go the other way" i loved listening to jason botchfords intakes pre game and postgame. he was that damn good in the media. vancouver fans and radio personalites loved him. he Was agreesive and ambrasive in his approach. if he was still alive today, i swear he will have a TON to write and talk about. training camp and covering the playoffs. he was that DAMN GOOD. win it for Jason botchford!

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'd donate my shoulder to get Myers back on the ice.

Edit: Probably needs to be someone taller. I nominate the next poster below me to sacrifice their limb for the greater good.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Re: Toffoli and Myers - I believe Toffoli started skating two days ago, that was the rumor. It was also rumoured he would be available for Game 7 versus St. Louis - which would have been on Sunday. So it would follow that he would be available for Game 1, but we’ll see.

As for Myers, it was reported he had a first degree shoulder separation and the injury timeline was approximately 7-10 days after the injury. So I think it’s likely we don’t see him in the early part of this series.

Reactions: Levch and David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Re: Toffoli and Myers - I believe Toffoli started skating two days ago, that was the rumor. It was also rumoured he would be available for Game 7 versus St. Louis - which would have been on Sunday. So it would follow that he would be available for Game 1, but we’ll see.

As for Myers, it was reported he had a first degree shoulder separation and the injury timeline was approximately 7-10 days after the injury. So I think it’s likely we don’t see him in the early part of this series.

maybe later on in the series. game 4/5ish

HockeyNightInAsia

Mar 22, 2020
It’s just somewhat funny to me how, not even 24 hours after round 1 is completed, the Allan Walsh tweet and the Johnson/Grubauer injuries are already flipping the scripts. Can analytical models take such into account? LOL

Also read that Marchessault “their best player is their goaltender” post. Gives me a smile that we are still this underdog that some hasn’t bothered to figure out. Let’s lay low and keep the surprises coming.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver

this should be the theme throughout to whoever steps up in the playoffs moving foward. i still abide by the saying playoffs is where your depth players step up. game 5/6 motte beagles. 2nd round it could be a jake virtanen/adam gaudette/loui eriksson types. every night there is a different hero stepping up. LETS f***ING GO. tommorow can't be fast enough.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad