Pre-Game Talk: WQSF | Game 1 | Canucks @ Golden Knights in "Oh My God, It's a Mirage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaczor

Jul 3, 2005
NZ
2020-08-23 12.02.57.jpg

Still have these from the 1994 run. Last time they came out of storage was in 2011. (Mind you, now even my kids are too old to really use them.)

But - bring on Vegas. We can do this.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Either way, I don’t think Jersey’s all that happy.

20 is pretty much exactly where the pick would've landed on the day that they traded Coleman to Tampa so New Jersey shouldn't be crying any tears. In January 2017 Coleman was a 25-year-old former 3rd-round pick of theirs who had yet to play a single game in the NHL so from that standpoint things worked out marvelously-- he ended up netting them a mid-late 1st-round pick this year plus the kid that Tampa took at #27 last year.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
St. Louis outshot us by nearly 40% in that series, 227-166. Territory and possession were hugely tilted in their favour.

Again, I don’t think we played terribly. And if St. Louis had received average goaltending this is probably a pretty even series. But their goaltending rendered it absolutely unwinnable for them.

I agree with you goaltending. I'm just curious if you think the shot quality is different based on your observations. Is there anything that tracks possession time? I think that should be considered in conjunction to SOG.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Now I know who the random guy was in the hallway fist bumping the team.. It was this guy, Demko's backup, didn't know Domingue was in the bubble as well.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Maybe it’s just me but I was more fearful of St.Louis than I am of Vegas. I think we match up very well with them.

not historically. They’ve pretty much had our number since coming into existence.

that being said, now that they’ve beat St.Louis, who knows what this teams capable of, especially if Markstrom continues his god like play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad