Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VGK] Cody Eakin for cond. 2021 4th round pick (3rd if Eakin re-signs or WPG makes playoffs)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
But Vegas hates Winnipeg, they are the last team that would help us improve our roster. Heck, they would s**t their pants as long as we had to smell it. This makes no sense.

McCrimmon loves Mantioba. At least the players. Eakin, Reaves, Glass, Krebs.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Better than trading for Simmonds. Makes me wonder if lowry and/or perrault are done.

Reactions: hn777

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Who did Eakin play with last year when he put up 22 goals ??

He spent a lot of time in between Pacioretty and Tuch when Stastny was out. Also rode a career best 18.3 shooting percentage. Next highest was 13.4. Last season was an extreme anomaly for him. Granted, he's not as bad as he's been this year, but he's not a guy you want on a scoring line. He's a 4th line center and good penalty killer.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Moving out cap while getting something for their UFAs. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved out Holden while he has a lot of value.

Probably looking at Gus and a cheap forward with term.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Barrie to Vegas Confirmed! lol

But on a serious note, weren't Vegas looking for RD who can move the puck? Or has their thinking changed after acquiring Martinez?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Barrie to Vegas Confirmed! lol

But on a serious note, weren't Vegas looking for RD who can move the puck? Or has their thinking changed after acquiring Martinez?

They iced 6 LHD last night while scratching an RHD and sending another down so I don't know if the R part is very important to them.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
That Jets' roster has sure taken some turns this year. Maybe Eakins gives it a spark and he plays well. Seems clear he'd fallen out of favour in Vegas. Equal chance he continues to not do much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad