Confirmed Trade: [WPG/TOR] Nic Petan for Par Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Lindholm's possession numbers are horrible, is he that bad Leaf fans?

Petan could be a diamond in the rough if he gets a chance with some skilled players. Don't like this at all on the surface.
He is worse than his numbers suggest. Most Leaf fans would have been happy with a 7th in return for Lindholm because it would mean Trevor Moore could get in to the lineup.

Par just does nothing well. He works hard and brings effort but has no noticeable skills and isn't particularly physical. Just the definition of a vanilla player.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Man I loved watching Petan at the World Juniors. At least he should have some offensive upside, even if he never hits it.

Lindholm was very underwhelming.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
I really wonder why Cheveldayoff did that. As much as I hate the leafs, I really hope Petan have a chance and show Cheveldayoff how wrong he was on this one. There's so many players like Lindholm that can be get for a 5th round pick..

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Petan seems like a Bracco but could make it some day. We have too many guys to put in the bottom 6 so Lindholm moving makes sense. Hes trended down as the season went on.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What the heck happened to this petan guy? I thought he was supposed to be an offensive juggernaut
He has been given mind-numbingly little opportunity to produce with good players, even though the little shots he has had suggest that it would be a great idea. What a waste of a potentially good player.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Lindholm's possession numbers are horrible, is he that bad Leaf fans?

Petan could be a diamond in the rough if he gets a chance with some skilled players. Don't like this at all on the surface.
Lindholm is the perfect example of a guy who is strong all-round in another pro league but just becomes below average at everything at the NHL level and therefor have little to offer. He's reliable defensively and pretty smart, but on a good day he is mainly just there.

I wish I could say I hope he does well for you guys, but I feel like that would be disingenuous. I think you basically gave away Petan for nothing.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Don't mind it for Toronto...at least it's a winger playing on the wing.

@Jets is petan good in a bottom 6 role? Or should play top 6 somewhere?

Definetly no room, even in the top 9 for him

I’d say he’s a 3rd line kinda guy, can play forth if needed though. Good energy guy

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
I don't see what Chevy saw in Lindholm, he's absolutely invisible on the ice. Petan looks like he has some upside.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Scouting report on Nic Petan: Rather skilled, good hands, vision and playmaking. Very small, bad skater. Has some fans, I have never liked him.

I think Petan can be effective if put in a position to succeed and given PP time.

Reactions: kabidjan18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad