Confirmed with Link: [WPG] Stastny (50% retained) for 2018 1st & Erik Foley

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
What's funny about that interview is that Stastny basically admitted to doing this:

-Looks at Blues dressing-room
-Looks at Jets dressing-room
-Thinks about which team has a better shot at the Cup this year
-Looks back at Blues dress-room
-Accepts trade to Winnipeg.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Foley and Soshnikov are the type of players that will look great in the bottom 6. Physical and gritty and play with high energy. Really like what I am hearing and what Ive seen from videos from Foley. Real solid build too. He could be a 6’ 210 LB wrecking ball by the time he is brought up here. He calls himself a power forward. My type of player. Wonder if he can drop the gloves very well?
Well playing in college, I doubt he has had much practice dropping the gloves...maybe he fought some in his USHL days? Other than that, he was playing mostly high school/east coast prep school hockey so probably not a lot of fighting experience.

Here's the deal Blues fans. You're allowed to cheer against us in the first 2 rounds only. If we meet Nashville in the 2nd round and best them you are required to cheer for us from that point on. Results will have little effect on where the pick is anyways.
I am hoping you guys tank out and miss the playoffs...but if you guys make it to the WCF or play Nashville before then, you will have my support 110%! Maybe even earlier if I just can't help but root for you guys haha. Stastny really was one of my favorite Blues, from the past couple years anyway.

What's funny about that interview is that Stastny basically admitted to doing this:

-Looks at Blues dressing-room
-Looks at Jets dressing-room
-Thinks about which team has a better shot at the Cup this year
-Looks back at Blues dress-room
-Accepts trade to Winnipeg.
So THAT'S why all the analysts are calling him such a smart player! :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Note in Ky

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I will say that I always like Erik Foley as a prospect. Amazing wrister plays like a bull too. I don't think he's too far away from being an NHL player
Thanks for your reply and good luck tonight! Regarding Foley, we need all of those attributes...looking forward to the Blues signing him.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I would assume it was out amateur scouting staff pushing for him since he’s not yet turned pro. If that’s correct, then I not upset. I trust the amateur scouting staff far more than the pro scouts.

Nah.
After not taking Tarasenko's advice on Panarin, he wasn't about to pass up Walman's recommendation to get that guy.
I know Army might have said he spoke to Walman after the fact to get his thoughts...but the fact is he was given that pro-tip earlier this year in training camp.

/sarcasm

Reactions: Edgar Carrow

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Here's the deal Blues fans. You're allowed to cheer against us in the first 2 rounds only. If we meet Nashville in the 2nd round and best them you are required to cheer for us from that point on. Results will have little effect on where the pick is anyways.

We will be rooting for you, rest assured. :) I'm sure a few will make an appearence on your board.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

Just as long as the white out is full force and when fans yell True North. It rattles the building.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Isn't RobbK also a longtime Jets' fan? If so, there really is even more upside in this deal for the Blues Board.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If the Blues are out, I take a very non-partisan view of the rest of the playoffs. I like to watch the games but I am typically ambivalent as to the outcome unless it is Chicago involved.

Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, I hate the Jets because they are in our division, but honestly, they are a very likable team. I would root for them over anyone else in the Central, easily.

Fun team to watch. Hate playing against them. Have for years, even when they weren't that good. They always seem to give the Blues fits.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Mar 6, 2012
Ugh, this trade... this season....

I honestly think this is a great return for a rental of Stastny. It's pretty clear that even if this team manages to limp into the postseason, they weren't going far... so I get this... but wow does this trade send a bad message to the team. It's basically the front office letting the players know that they've given up on them.

I'm curious to see how they respond. My guess? Not well. I think they are going to drop down the standings like crazy. I don't think this team has the character to turn this around... especially since they can't score to save their lives and they just lost an important part of their offense.

Philly is going to end up getting a pretty good pick I think.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Barring the Blues making the playoffs and somehow making a run, I have 3 teams picked out that I’ll be watching along the way. Winnipeg, Vegas, and Tampa. They’re all great teams to watch and I hope one of them dethrone Pittsburgh and defeat Nashville too.

Reactions: shmotz

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
They turned it around last year after trading Shattenkirk. Who knows? Perhaps this trade lights a fire under your team. Or maybe they should be riding Hutton - huge disparity in performance between your two goalies.
I just think it’s a different and far more messed up team this time

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Ugh, this trade... this season....

I honestly think this is a great return for a rental of Stastny. It's pretty clear that even if this team manages to limp into the postseason, they weren't going far... so I get this... but wow does this trade send a bad message to the team. It's basically the front office letting the players know that they've given up on them.

I'm curious to see how they respond. My guess? Not well. I think they are going to drop down the standings like crazy. I don't think this team has the character to turn this around... especially since they can't score to save their lives and they just lost an important part of their offense.

Philly is going to end up getting a pretty good pick I think.

Agree on all of this, except for the part about the message it sends to the team. I’d argue the team sent the wrong message to the front office, and they did it loudly and clearly.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Agree on all of this, except for the part about the message it sends to the team. I’d argue the team sent the wrong message to the front office, and they did it loudly and clearly.
Exactly. I understand Schenn and probably others not being happy about this but man, maybe try not losing six straight.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I like ROR as an option except for two things:

That contract, and he’s 29 so he’s at the top end of our core. I would prefer to move for a 26 and under centerman who is still on his first RFA contract if possible.
Well ROR is only 27. He'd be a great acquisition.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I couldn't imagine he would come cheap. Especially with Eichel's injury history. I'm sure Buffalo would want a roster defenseman+ at a minimum.
Sure.

But I'm just saying, it's an option. Reinhart I wouldn't completely rule out as an option either. So Buffalo is a team we can keep an eye on, along with Edmonton in terms of trading.

The Blues do have the assets for a good player, and I wouldn't take Armstrong's quote about the big 4 as gospel forever. I could easily see him changing his mind this offseason. Just because he wasn't willing to part with one of the prospects for a winger doesn't mean that'll be the case if there's a legit top 6 center we dial in on.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
was stastny a net front guy for you guys on the PP

He can play that role...he has great hand eye for tips and a quick stick for rebounds. He also is really good at stuff plays. his hand eye translates into those skills as well as the faceoffs and tying up sticks in the D-Zone. I saw the tip in you game...just missed.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He can play that role...he has great hand eye for tips and a quick stick for rebounds. He also is really good at stuff plays. his hand eye translates into those skills as well as the faceoffs and tying up sticks in the D-Zone. I saw the tip in you game...just missed.
yea he didn't look to shabby on the PP. had a nice tip that just went wide but missed on another. his PP production wasn't noteworthy this year in STL though

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
yea he didn't look to shabby on the PP. had a nice tip that just went wide but missed on another. his PP production wasn't noteworthy this year in STL though

Our PP is horrific this year all around though. That wasn't Stasny's fault (or at least not more than any other player). We struggled to enter the zone half the time, which isn't his forte. If you have players that can set up, to allow him to go low, and players who can shoot somewhere in the general vicinity of the net from the point, he will be more successful.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Our PP is horrific this year all around though. That wasn't Stasny's fault (or at least not more than any other player). We struggled to enter the zone half the time, which isn't his forte. If you have players that can set up, to allow him to go low, and players who can shoot somewhere in the general vicinity of the net from the point, he will be more successful.
he just go an assist on the pp right now. nice tic tac toe play. Looks good passing down low to the slot.was kind of surprised seeing the blues pp ranked 28th

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
he just go an assist on the pp right now. nice tic tac toe play. Looks good passing down low to the slot.was kind of surprised seeing the blues pp ranked 28th

There were tons of reasons the Blues PP were bad, and Stastny probably wouldn't be in my top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad