Confirmed with Link: [WPG] Stastny (50% retained) for 2018 1st & Erik Foley

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
he just go an assist on the pp right now. nice tic tac toe play. Looks good passing down low to the slot.was kind of surprised seeing the blues pp ranked 28th

That's his game. He likes to be down-low, or behind the net, and toss to the slot, or across the crease. He excels with a bigger body who can set-up in the slot or crash the net, and another play-maker/puck-retriever who can get the puck, feed him, and he feeds the guys down low or in the slot.

Reactions: DRW204

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
he just go an assist on the pp right now. nice tic tac toe play. Looks good passing down low to the slot.was kind of surprised seeing the blues pp ranked 28th

Blues use to have him down there when Kirk Muller was in charge of the PP, worked very well. Blues coaches are just stupid.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
That's his game. He likes to be down-low, or behind the net, and toss to the slot, or across the crease. He excels with a bigger body who can set-up in the slot or crash the net, and another play-maker/puck-retriever who can get the puck, feed him, and he feeds the guys down low or in the slot.
If only we had a GM and coach that realized the personnel and structure he needs to be most effective.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What you guys think is this the guy who thought Blues was his team? :laugh:

Can't remember when he had that kind of smile in his face when he played on Blues note.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
What you guys think is this the guy who thought Blues was his team? :laugh:

Can't remember when he had that kind of smile in his face when he played on Blues note.

What player would not be happy to go from a dumpster fire to a team that has a legitimate shot at making it to the Stanley cup finals.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Blues had an interest in Logan Stanley in this deal, over the weekend we were doing the due diligence on him in the OHL circles. I'd guess we had the choice of him or Foley and ended up deciding on Foley.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fabbri Stastny Brouwer worked so well

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues had an interest in Logan Stanley in this deal, over the weekend we were doing the due diligence on him in the OHL circles. I'd guess we had the choice of him or Foley and ended up deciding on Foley.
Stanley would be a quantum shift from where they've been going with drafting

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Stanley would be a quantum shift from where they've been going with drafting
Agreed. The skating is just too much of a question mark when it comes to stepping up to the NHL. Which is probably why the Jets might have been open to moving him. It was Jeff Marek who reported this on the 31 thoughts podcast.

Reactions: Dbrownss

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011

You guys did well in that regard.

As far as signing Stastny I would give it a 10% chance. I follow the Jets cap situation and understand the salary cap well. Bonuses could kill them next season and they want to prevent that.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
You guys did well in that regard.

As far as signing Stastny I would give it a 10% chance. I follow the Jets cap situation and understand the salary cap well. Bonuses could kill them next season and they want to prevent that.
I was of the understanding the Jets could fit all of their bonuses under the cap this year. Would assume that helps

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Yes this year we will sneak under. Probably end up 700k under with all bonuses (should be about 4.6 million). Next year is the problem. Many are getting raises this summer and there's still the bonus threat. The following summer Laine and Wheeler are getting raises. A bonus overage from 18-19 could really cause problems.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Yes this year we will sneak under. Probably end up 700k under with all bonuses (should be about 4.6 million). Next year is the problem. Many are getting raises this summer and there's still the bonus threat. The following summer Laine and Wheeler are getting raises. A bonus overage from 18-19 could really cause problems.

You can always send Adam Lowry back to STL, he probably done forget what it’s like since he was a baby when he left. Save some money for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad