Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Josh Morrissey signs extension with Jets (8 years, $6.25M AAV)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Per Capfriendly
Joshua Morrissey - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
DE8F7C75-1543-49CF-9C9E-AAE44F19AACA.jpeg

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is it fun for a Millionaire to live in Winnipeg... ? honest question here

As much as it's fun to dump on Winniepg for being in Siberia and the weather is brutal it's a pretty cool city when it comes to arts and culture. There's a big youth movement and revitalization happening to the city and it's attracting business there as a hub. Wouldn't be my first choice to live if I could choose anywhere but there are worse places to end up.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
As much as it's fun to dump on Winniepg for being in Siberia and the weather is brutal it's a pretty cool city when it comes to arts and culture. There's a big youth movement and revitalization happening to the city and it's attracting business there as a hub. Wouldn't be my first choice to live if I could choose anywhere but there are worse places to end up.

I love it here.

Not that it matters, but I don't engage in the TO bashing out West here. TO is a great city.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Because unlike the other RFAs out there he isnt greedy and wants to win. 50 mil sets him up for life and ensures his team has some extra funds to allocate elsewhere.

Allocate extra funds to guys like Kulikov and Little? How does that make sense?

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Winnipeg is not bad to live. But if I had no ties and could be a millionaire anywhere I would probably be elsewhere. I think a lot of players get drafted/traded and start their career somewhere and it just becomes home. You meet good friends on the team, probably some locally as well, and you see the future of the team looks good as well. You create new 'ties'. Why risk going somewhere else where you don't know what it's like, don't know the chemistry, future of the team, etc.

Reactions: robertocarlos

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
wtf lol because those are the only other players we need to pay right?!

Also Kuli will go bye bye next season, and this deal doesn't even start till next season.

You cray.

The same GM signed Kulikov and Little unprovoked is my point. So what good are the savings when you put them towards players like that?

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Is it fun for a Millionaire to live in Winnipeg... ? honest question here

if you are the type of millionaire who likes to still be treated as everybody else.. yeah i imagine it would be great and is something I hear from people who have the wealth. If you wanna be around starF#@!s prolly not.

Reactions: hn777

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Why would he sign that
As hard to believe as it may be to many, the Jets players who like Winnipeg seem to really, really like Winnipeg. Byfuglien, Scheifele, and now Morrissey.

Not everyone wants to spend their time partying with the stars. Some of them like summers at the lake, fishing, camping, and that kind of thing, and Morrissey's a Prairie boy, so it probably feels like home to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad