Prospect Info: Wpg. Jets - Simon Borque

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’m very curious about this kid, seems like he’s more of a project player. Curious if he’s capable of being a nhl player one day and what his ceiling is.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Seen him play. Reminds me of an early Josh Morissey. Would be a nice trail to follow.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Very good junior numbers but struggled in his first pro season. I would say there is some upside there, but he will have to rebound.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Very good junior numbers but struggled in his first pro season. I would say there is some upside there, but he will have to rebound.

He was on a garbage Laval Rocket team last year. I'll be interested to see what he can do on a team that isn't an absolute albatross.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I’m very curious about this kid, seems like he’s more of a project player. Curious if he’s capable of being a nhl player one day and what his ceiling is.

His ceiling is 3rd pairing D, but I doubt he will be able to make it to the NHL. He is very vanilla, lacks edges in his game that could make him valuable in some form a role at the NHL level. I don't see much more than a career AHLer tbh.

Reactions: allan5oh

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Added the thread prefix.

As Corgi said, Montreal's farm team wasn't good, so it probably wasn't the best situation for a D-man in his first pro year. Not getting my hopes up for him, though.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
As Corgi said, Montreal's farm team wasn't good, so it probably wasn't the best situation for a D-man in his first pro year. Not getting my hopes up for him, though.

He was scratched quite a few games when the team was deep early in the season before all the call-ups. He wasn't so good either.

His value may even be negative in the trade, not being worth a contract spot, more or less close to zero for sure.

Last edited:

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Don’t have any expectations for the guy. His career trajectory and player type reminds me a lot of Dillon Fournier.

Fournier retired from pro hockey when he was 23 lol

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He could end up being a tweener who gets recalled one day and can step in short term when injuries occur. Nothing wrong with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad