Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Poolman (3 years, $775k AAV) and Dano (1 year, $800k AAV)

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yeahhhhh buddy!!!!!!

Poolman is going to get more responsibilities this year. Very excited to see what he can do. If we lose Trouba, it could be his spot to slate into. To start the year though....my guess is that he's our #7.

Oh hey and Marko Dano...neat.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
That leaves 0 arbitration cases left & Morrissey the only RFA of note left to re-sign.
I figure Morrissey comes in @ 4.5-5 x 5 so once that is done Chevy deserves a week off. Then he can start following up on the more serious trade proposals for Trouba. Anything decent he can follow up. The 1s that are obtuse (like some on the various threads about Trouba here) just go in the spam file.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
At least Jets aren't giving replacement level / worse players 3mil+ AAV contracts.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Poolman contract is interesting. I wonder why he'd agree to that term.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’m puzzled by Poolman signing so cheap for so long......that’s a great deal for the Jets.

Reactions: north49er

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I woulda assumed a 1 year deal for Poolman.. Very odd.. Ahh well ive learned not to question Cheveldayoffs decisions

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
What a misguided post. Lowry is so far ahead of Dano it isn’t funny.

He's still a third liner. A good one, yes, but people here get way too attached to these kind of players.

And when it came to me calling out the Jets for making a bad move at that expansion draft, a lot of Jets fans brought up Dano's P/60, and how much apparent potential he had to justify the move down. Was kinda crazy.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's still a third liner. A good one, yes, but people here get way too attached to these kind of players.

And when it came to me calling out the Jets for making a bad move at that expansion draft, a lot of Jets fans brought up Dano's P/60, and how much apparent potential he had to justify the move down. Was kinda crazy.
I would call Lowry a 2c. He is a possession monster.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I would call Lowry a 2c. He is a possession monster.

He's gonna have to improve a ton on offense to be considered close to a 2C. I don't see it ever happening, pretty sure he is what he is at this point, which is a nice and reliable 3C. Always good to have, but I wouldn't have been that upset to see him go to Vegas.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Are people joking about this making a Trouba trade imminent?

I legit don’t know how likely it is.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
He's gonna have to improve a ton on offense to be considered close to a 2C. I don't see it ever happening, pretty sure he is what he is at this point, which is a nice and reliable 3C. Always good to have, but I wouldn't have been that upset to see him go to Vegas.
His even strength offense is pretty good. And his possession is next-level.

Reactions: Romang67

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Well that makes one of you, because nobody else who has any clue about Lowry would be ok with him going to Vegas. Lowry is not a player you replace easily.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg

Think of Couturier before he was moved to the top line & had his offensive reins set free. Before that he was tasked with shutting down the Crosby, Malkins & Ovechkins of the league.
Jordan Staal's best years in Pitts as a 3C doing that kind of job.

Shutdown center is a job that stats watchers don't understand for some reason. Sacrificing your own points to prevent GA isn't sexy.
It'd be the same reason defensemen are judged by scoring while the very defination means defending. The media think like those fans so 1 takes their cue from the other.

Strangely there's the Selke for best defensive forward but the Norris seems to be for most offensive defenseman. There should be 1 for best defensive D.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Think of Couturier before he was moved to the top line & had his offensive reins set free. Before that he was tasked with shutting down the Crosby, Malkins & Ovechkins of the league.
Jordan Staal's best years in Pitts as a 3C doing that kind of job.

Shutdown center is a job that stats watchers don't understand for some reason. Sacrificing your own points to prevent GA isn't sexy.
It'd be the same reason defensemen are judged by scoring while the very defination means defending. The media think like those fans so 1 takes their cue from the other.

Strangely there's the Selke for best defensive forward but the Norris seems to be for most offensive defenseman. There should be 1 for best defensive D.

I'm really flattered that you think so highly of a Jets player and all, but Lowry is no Couturier, and if a player like him is playing an offensive role on your team, you're probably cheering for the Habs.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk

He shuts down the opposing teams top line regularly. That is extremely valuable to allow for better matchups for the top 6. He's not your run-of-the-mill 3rd liner.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad