Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Brian Strait (1 year, $600k)

member 157595

This guy is terrible. I don't know the Jets that well but you're telling me you couldn't bring a prospect up to play weak minutes on the 3rd pairing or something?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Isles fans.
Close your eyes
Start singing in your head " through the years" by Kenny Rogers
Picture all his bloopers while singing.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He can play top 4 and plays both sides.
Let's call him hmmm hmmmm
Your utility infielder

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Weird signing. I'm not sure how Winnipeg will manage to maximize Strait's fantasy football potential in Manitoba.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Official -- Jets have the two worst defensemen in the NHL locked up on one-way contracts.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm pretty sure that pairing would shred the fabric of the space-time continuum and cause the offensive zone to disappear through a wormhole.

Any chance that the puck would fly in the direction of the wormhole? That would bring their CF up to 1, which is about 1 more than that pairing reasonably should get.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm crying.
Not like when Jon Voight died in " The Champ"
But tears none the less

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Typical Chevy depth signing, nothing more, nothing to be upset about.

Chevy loves to hoard backup D; Strait fills the Adam Pardy press box spot, or gets buried on the Moose ala Jay Harrison.

Wouldn't surprise to see him sign more of these types yet, insurance.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Chevy loves to hoard backup D; Strait fills the Adam Pardy press box spot, or gets buried on the Moose ala Jay Harrison.

Depth lol
Good 1.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I can sleep in peace tonight. I had a recurring nightmare that we were going to re-sign him, even if it was a 2-way deal. With Capuano around, he would have found a way to get this guy into the lineup.

No one bashed this guy more than me, I'm actually going to miss him in some sick way. I wish him a lot of luck, glad he's no longer an Isle.

Isles fans, we can now have the parade. Jack Capuano is going to have to cry himself to sleep tonight.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

It's indeed typical for Chevy to hoard the worst defensemen in the NHL. Pardy is ten times the player Strait is.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I can sleep in peace tonight. I had a recurring nightmare that we were going to re-sign him, even if it was a 2-way deal. With Capuano around, he would have found a way to get this guy into the lineup.

No one bashed this guy more than me, I'm actually going to miss him in some sick way. I wish him a lot of luck, glad he's no longer an Isle.

Isles fans, we can now have the parade.

Is it really a dream if more than 1 person has it ?
I may have bashed him more than you.
Let's start a poll to see

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Jets fan: I suggest you start stock piling Freddie Mercury gifs now for the GDT when he ****s up. You're going to need them.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It isn't as if he'll be in the opening night lineup for the Jets; he might be for the Manitoba Moose though.

I choose not to get upset when I see someone take out an insurance policy.

Please don't go there.
This is possibly the worst D man in the NHL.
Before you know it he will be playing his 40th game for the jets and you will remember this day

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
It isn't as if he'll be in the opening night lineup for the Jets; he might be for the Manitoba Moose though. I choose not to get upset when I see someone take out an insurance policy.

That's not how insurance policies work.

Fire insurance -- I'm sorry your house burnt down, I'll give you some money to compensate.
Brian Strait -- I'm sorry your defenseman suffered an injury, I'll kick you in the nuts repeatedly.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
That's not how insurance policies work.

Fire insurance -- I'm sorry your house burnt down, I'll give you some money to compensate.
Brian Strait -- I'm sorry your defenseman suffered an injury, I'll kick you in the nuts repeatedly.

This guy gets it :nod:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Please don't go there.
This is possibly the worst D man in the NHL.

If he is playing for the Manitoba Moose though, or is sitting in the press box, then how does he qualify as being the worst D man in the NHL? He is clearly just a space filler here. Sorry that he sucked when he played for NYI; that does not mean that he means anything more than being Jay Harrison redux when here however. He is just injury insurance, a practice dummy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad