WPG 4 : LAK 3 - So... 2nd place? 2nd place is good, right?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Drew was pretty decent, Muzz was whatever but everyone else was pretty bad. I gotta say, Scuderi is even slower in person than he appears. there was a play I think in the 2nd where he had to pivot turn to chase a dumped pick and it was agonizing to watch. at this point Id rather take a gamble on Schultz down in Ontario...

And if we notice things like that, teams are absolutely going to take advantage of it. I think that's why Sutter has been trying to force McNabb with Doughty. Doughty is absolutely going to get matched up against Pavelski, Burns, Perry, Perron, Kane, etc. How in the world is Scuderi going to be able to skate around in the defensive zone and defend those guys? Forget it. Scuderi gets beat on at least 5-7 simple plays a game because he's just way too slow.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
There was like a 5min period in the 2nd where I thought Drew switched jerseys with Schenn. Try's to go around Lowry and gets the puck taken for a breakaway and then later try's to pass it up to the forwards but right to a Jet.
After 3-0 nobody looked good.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
yeah Doughty made a few Dustin Brown type passes but I dont think he was bad as some are making it out to be. whole team seemed like they were juiced after the 3rd goal....then there was the 'lets give up a goal with a minute left in the period' move they pulled to close the 2nd. it was all downhill after that

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I appreciate the effort, I really do.

CfpSDuRVIAAj4dY.jpg

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
yeah Doughty made a few Dustin Brown type passes but I dont think he was bad as some are making it out to be. whole team seemed like they were juiced after the 3rd goal....then there was the 'lets give up a goal with a minute left in the period' move they pulled to close the 2nd. it was all downhill after that

Two mistakes in the last few minutes of the second cost us. Even going into the 3rd up 3-1 would've been a hell of a lot better. The 2nd goal after Kopitar failed to get it in deep off the rush bit them right in the ass. Not too many times you see Doughty as a -3.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I respectfully disagree. He got caught looking around and flying around aimlessly frequently. Like, if I could even figure out if he were desperately trying to create offense or looking for someone to hit or something it would be slightly more acceptable, but I have literally no clue what he was doing on a lot of plays particularly the goals, and his franticness contributed to a lot of the mess.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
With Martinez out, this defense...
Ugh.

I feel like this team needs to add three defenseman over the offseason, unless a guy like Gravel grabs a spot (not banking on Forbort to be anything more than a Jeff Schultz like spare dman).

Don't know what the future is for Greene on the Kings, seems like he can never stay healthy. They need someone to play with Doughty and someone in the middle and possibly another physical presence who isn't completely useless.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
upset-fan.jpg

This is how I feel right now, just change Leafs to Kings.

Absolutely embarrassed by yet another blown lead by this team. I don't have the stats but I'm 99.9% sure there's other team in pro sports worse at throwing away leads.
3-0 against the Winnipeg Friggin' Jets, my god...

Also, thanks for nothing St.Louis Blues. Holtby got W 48, Ovi got goal 50, so the Caps have NOTHING left to play for.

Well, let's get ready for San Jose, best road team in the league...

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Holden Caulfield
Originally Posted by tsanuri
Kept looking to see if the red TV timeout light would come on and after a minute knew it didn't go in. Since Toronto would call and say to stop play.
They don't stop play. If it had gone in it would only be called at the next whistle.

Theoretically you could have a goal go in at 19:45 in first that was missed, the play could continue until end of period. Then goal would be counted and time would revert to 19:45 (nothing after that would count).
[!!]

In theory this is correct, but I saw a game once where while play continued Toronto reversed the no-goal call on the ice and the scoreboard people blew the horn several times for the officials to stop play.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Major overreaction here. Yeah, it sucks we lost with a 3 goal lead, but this game has nothing to do with how the Kings will play in the playoffs. The boys were just tired and Sutter will definitely allocate time differently when the playoffs start. Also, for those people saying we have blown leads one too many times this year, go look at our record last year. It was a huge concern then, but not this year. I actually think we have been good and our record reflects it.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Major overreaction here. Yeah, it sucks we lost with a 3 goal lead, but this game has nothing to do with how the Kings will play in the playoffs. The boys were just tired and Sutter will definitely allocate time differently when the playoffs start. Also, for those people saying we have blown leads one too many times this year, go look at our record last year. It was a huge concern then, but not this year. I actually think we have been good and our record reflects it.

Our records reflects a very good, (no - make that GREAT) OT record.

But like last year we couldn't win in OT/SO, this year we couldn't lose.

We are much more average than some of us think.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Our records reflects a very good, (no - make that GREAT) OT record.

But like last year we couldn't win in OT/SO, this year we couldn't lose.

We are much more average than some of us think.

OT/SO records have no bearing on how the Kings will play in the playoffs. If there was continuous 5-on-5 OT in the regular season, I suspect the Kings would do well last year and this year as well because of their possession numbers.

PermaFox

Mar 30, 2013
The one thing that may get the Capitals to play hard against the Ducks today is Holtby needs one more win to break the single season record for most wins by a goal tender. Currently tied at 48 with Brodeur.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I'm more embarrassed by the overreaction here than the play of the Kings.

If we had lost the previous game in a shootout and won this one we'd see more positivity in this PGT. Can't put too much stock in the regular season folks.

The one thing that may get the Capitals to play hard against the Ducks today is Holtby needs one more win to break the single season record for most wins by a goal tender. Currently tied at 48 with Brodeur.

Hope so. Hope they don't go out trying too hard and "gripping their sticks too tight" which could also happen.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
If we had lost the previous game in a shootout and won this one we'd see more positivity in this PGT. Can't put too much stock in the regular season folks.

Hope so. Hope they don't go out trying too hard and "gripping their sticks too tight" which could also happen.

Trotz's comments make it sound like Holtby isn't going tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad