Kappanen

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
What about...

1st+Kostin/Thompson+Barbashev+Schmaltz for Carter+Martinez

Edit: small cap dump if needed
No need for Martinez at all and for his term. He'd be a 5-6 defensman on the Blues. Carter is interesting, but his age and contract are a bit scary. That is a lot of cap for a 37 year old at the end of his current contract. That is just too much to give up for players that aren't really that interesting.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
What about...

1st+Kostin/Thompson+Barbashev+Schmaltz for Carter+Martinez

Edit: small cap dump if needed
I dont think it's bad for value but with Dunn being good at hockey and all, LD is set with Edmondson and Dunn. If this was last year, the deal would make a lot of sense. Also I know Carter is still really good but watching Boumeester crash and burn makes me weary of older guys who main asset is their skating.

Seems like a really secondary deal for both teams.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just a few players I'd like to look at like:
Skinner
Teravainen
Silverberg
Gallagher
Kappanen
These are 2 guys I would be very happy with. I cant see the others being available for what were offering. Add those guys while moving out Berglund and Sobokta

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would consider Tyler Johnson for either player + the 1st. If we can't get a young RD for him I might do it since we could use some size in our forward group and I like a few guys who could be there late 1st. We also need to free up some cap.

Reactions: alwaysBlue

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Matthieu Perreault could be available from the Jets - especially if Stastny agrees to resign with us. Any interest?

I'm not that much of a fancy stats guy but those who are on the Jets board praise him, so I think he has solid numbers.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No we Frolik doesn't exactly fit the bill. I know he is a right winger, a right handed shot would be a little bit more in line. Frolik is more of a 3rd liner at best. Good one at best but last year wasn't exactly his best look. I feel like Frolik would instantly turn in to a whipping boy as Sobotka has.
TIL consistent 40 point players are 3rd liners.

Last year Frolik was fine until he broke his face and then wasn't the same post-injury. There is zero reason to believe he won't rebound to that 40-45 point range.

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
TIL consistent 40 point players are 3rd liners.

Last year Frolik was fine until he broke his face and then wasn't the same post-injury. There is zero reason to believe he won't rebound to that 40-45 point range.
Is not the problem with Frolik he is more or less the same type of player they have a bunch of? I mean Berglund, Sobotka, Steen are more or less playing same role as Frolil. Good 2 way players with some offensive power, some of them have more then Frolik ( Steen) some have less.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Would consider Tyler Johnson for either player + the 1st. If we can't get a young RD for him I might do it since we could use some size in our forward group and I like a few guys who could be there late 1st. We also need to free up some cap.

Tyler Johnson would make a lot of sense for the Blues. He has a NTC that begins in July, correct?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tyler Johnson would make a lot of sense for the Blues. He has a NTC that begins in July, correct?

Yes so around the draft would be the best and easiest time to move him. A late 1st + forward prospect isn't an ideal return for him but it gives us more pieces to move later if needed and opens up capspace and a roster spot.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Sounds like a deal. Good luck in the playoffs and don’t let our future 2C get killed

Reactions: shpongle falls

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yes so around the draft would be the best and easiest time to move him. A late 1st + forward prospect isn't an ideal return for him but it gives us more pieces to move later if needed and opens up capspace and a roster spot.

I would certainly be willing to make that trade for TJ.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is not the problem with Frolik he is more or less the same type of player they have a bunch of? I mean Berglund, Sobotka, Steen are more or less playing same role as Frolil. Good 2 way players with some offensive power, some of them have more then Frolik ( Steen) some have less.
I have no issues with this explanation, because it makes sense, but the other poster said nothing of the sort, he just downplayed Frolik's abilities and said he'd be a whipping boy.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I have no issues with this explanation, because it makes sense, but the other poster said nothing of the sort, he just downplayed Frolik's abilities and said he'd be a whipping boy.

Frolik is a solid player and has a game that any team could use, but that poster's comment is pretty much spot on if the Blues were to bring Frolik into the fold. He'd be a solid player for the Blues, but his play, and with what the Blues would pay for him, he'd step in, and point wise, be expected to do much better than he is really capable of, thus, whipping boy. Just like Sobotka, things would be expected of him that he can't possibly fulfill. That's no fault of his, that's just the reality of how he'd be viewed in St. Louis, as shitty as that is.

He wouldn't be the worst pickup, but a guy like Silfverberg (who is comparable to Frolik) would be a more ideal pick up, given the cost to trade for each.

The Blues really are just desperate for a top 6 RW or C and any addition would be welcome, but the sights are, understandably, set a bit higher than Frolik. If the Blues were to trade for him (depending on the acquisition cost), half the fan base would be excited about him and what he can bring, and the other half won't be satisfied because he a) wasn't the type of guy they wanted to begin with or b) underperforms based on some unrealistic expectations of what he'll bring.

Edit: FWIW, even given contract situation, I wouldn't be willing to pay more for Frolik than I would for Silfverberg. I've been pretty firm on the WIN 1st + Blais or Foley for Silf, so that would be my offer for Frolik as well. I definitely wouldn't add Thompson or Kostin with the 1st for him.

PensRedwings2887

Dec 1, 2010
Pavelski’s game has fallen off to the point where he’s only worth a mid-late first rounder? :eek:

Pavelski's game hasn't really fallen off, but he's getting older and my guess is the Sharks are looking to get younger and faster, so the idea would be to move Pavelski while his value is at his highest. *Not outright saying the Sharks are looking to move him in anyway possible*, but Pavelski is still good for about 25-30 goals and around 60-70 points, although I could be wrong

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Pavelski's game hasn't really fallen off, but he's getting older and my guess is the Sharks are looking to get younger and faster, so the idea would be to move Pavelski while his value is at his highest. *Not outright saying the Sharks are looking to move him in anyway possible*, but Pavelski is still good for about 25-30 goals and around 60-70 points, although I could be wrong
Yeah, that makes sense. I still can’t believe that a defensively-responsible, super-dependable player with leadership qualities who will pop in 25 goals/60 points minimum only gets a mid to late first round pick, though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Frolik is a solid player and has a game that any team could use, but that poster's comment is pretty much spot on if the Blues were to bring Frolik into the fold. He'd be a solid player for the Blues, but his play, and with what the Blues would pay for him, he'd step in, and point wise, be expected to do much better than he is really capable of, thus, whipping boy. Just like Sobotka, things would be expected of him that he can't possibly fulfill. That's no fault of his, that's just the reality of how he'd be viewed in St. Louis, as ****ty as that is.

He wouldn't be the worst pickup, but a guy like Silfverberg (who is comparable to Frolik) would be a more ideal pick up, given the cost to trade for each.

The Blues really are just desperate for a top 6 RW or C and any addition would be welcome, but the sights are, understandably, set a bit higher than Frolik. If the Blues were to trade for him (depending on the acquisition cost), half the fan base would be excited about him and what he can bring, and the other half won't be satisfied because he a) wasn't the type of guy they wanted to begin with or b) underperforms based on some unrealistic expectations of what he'll bring.

Edit: FWIW, even given contract situation, I wouldn't be willing to pay more for Frolik than I would for Silfverberg. I've been pretty firm on the WIN 1st + Blais or Foley for Silf, so that would be my offer for Frolik as well. I definitely wouldn't add Thompson or Kostin with the 1st for him.
For what it's worth, Frolik would likely produce more than Sobotka. With the exception of this past year where his play dropped after breaking his jaw, Frolik's worst point pace was 41 points. Although, I don't think either are overpaid, nor underpaid. The going rate for support players seems to be about 1 million for every 10 points for the most part.

As for an offer of the Jets 1st and Blais/Foley, I think that is quite a fair offer, I'd honestly probably do it for just the pick.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If the Blues are trying to build a team of entire 25-35 pt guys, then Frolik is our target. We have so many already, and what we've tried in the past hasn't worked, so what the heck, maybe that is the new way to build success?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
When I first read the headline, I was like sure an Audi TT is a nice car, but players and executives will probably look at an R8 if they want an Audi, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad