Wow, the US team is stacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hav-a-lot*

Canada is a clear underdog in this tournament,if we win the Gold with this team,against the best the USA and Sweden has ever sent to the WJC it will be a miracle.

Keep tellin yourself that guy.

Randall Graves*

Turris is kinda iffy.. same with Bailey (as much as i hate to say it).

But NHL readiness aside, these would be impact players at the JUNIOR level.

I agree.

Turris isn't much better than JVR, If at all, but the Flyers are doing the right thing and not rushing him.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
No it doesn't say anything some teams develop players differently.

Everyone knows Stamkos isn't NHL ready. But he's there, why? Because that's what Tampa decided.

Is Schenn really NHL ready? He looked good early but has been up and down as expected lately, the Leafs rushed him.
I'm going to have to question how many Leafs games you've even watched, the kid before his injury consistently played close to 25 minutes a night, wasn't flashy, played physical, blocked shots, and stood up for teammates in 2 fights against resident tough guys, he IS NHL ready.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
:laugh: No way.. The Canadiens have a stacked team. I think its the best team since the Crosby Bergeron Getzlaf squad. But i dont think the U.S wins.

Seems like every year we're looking at the team we COULD have had.

Gagner (would have been good at this level), Shenn, Doughty, Gillies, Turris ect. ect.

Randall Graves*

I'm going to have to question how many Leafs games you've even watched, the kid before his injury consistently played close to 25 minutes a night, wasn't flashy, played physical, blocked shots, and stood up for teammates in 2 fights against resident tough guys, he IS NHL ready.
Actually I have watched plenty of Leafs games, and Schenn has good nights and bad nights, I think the Leafs may have hurt his development by throwing him into the fire and not allow him to become a better puck handler in junior.

He seems so afraid of turning the puck over he shoots it up the boards alot.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Canada is a clear underdog in this tournament,if we win the Gold with this team,against the best the USA and Sweden has ever sent to the WJC it will be a miracle.

I disagree. Any time Canada looses in a tournament it is always considered an upset. Naturally, no one team can win every time, but the expectations coming into every hockey tournament is such that Canada is the favourite to win, and they are expected to deliver.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Considering anything less than a Gold is a failure for Canada, I wouldn't consider them underdogs.

STHLM*

A another thing: it's fine that you think Team USA is stacked but this thing you could said in their own thread. USA has a own thread there you can discuss them. This is a another unnecessary thread about Team USA. That's why I think they are extremely overated. People in here makes new threads about Team USA to scream how superior they are.

So please moderators: close this unnecessary thread about Team USA since they only have a own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad