Wow, the US team is stacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK

May 31, 2008
I'm a bit worried about Fairchild and some of the other defensemen, but the JVR-Wilson-Schroeder line is lethal, and we seem to have pretty good forward depth.

Drayson Bowman impressed me a lot, too.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well first all: you can't compare Finland to Germany. As a Ghost Finland is much worser than Germany. When has Germany being a medal candidate at all???? Finland is much bigger problem for Sweden because the are much better than Germany.

Of course Sweden has weaknesses no doubt about that. But is Sweden nearly that big favorite as USA is every year? See people make threads about USA and my question is: are they that good they deserves this hype?

USA can take the gold no doubt about that, but also Canada and Sweden can take the gold so why all this hype for USA?

A question: is Russia really a favorite?

I wouldn't rank Finland below Czech Republic , and look how Canada TROUNCED the Czechs yesterday.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Fairchild? Dude that guy was a disaster yesterday... him and his partner. I wouldn't brag about the blueline at all. The US forwards have crazy skill and size (minus Jordan Schroeder).

Yeah... Seems like im not the only one that was disappointed by Fairchild and Shattenkirk. This said, the other six guys can really do the job.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If Russia isn't a favorite then why you take that game as a example on why USA is better than Sweden? Strange!

First you said Sweden is more hyped than USA and now you said Sweden isn't a favorite? So you mean USA isn't a favorite too? :laugh:

USA has got much more hype than Canada and Sweden. This thread is a great example on that.

Yes, that poll clearly shows which teams are the favorites. USA is far more hyped than Sweden.

Because HFboards is now the sole measure of hype?

That american team impresses me more than the canadian team. Not fond of Fairchild and Shattenkirk, but I can't say that I was fond of Aulie and Golubuef (sp) for Canada either. McCollum wasn't great, but neither was Tokarski.

STHLM*

Because HFboards is now the sole measure of hype?

That american team impresses me more than the canadian team. Not fond of Fairchild and Shattenkirk, but I can't say that I was fond of Aulie and Golubuef (sp) for Canada either. McCollum wasn't great, but neither was Tokarski.

Yeah, the greatest was Mark in the Park! :yo:

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
If Russia isn't a favorite then why you take that game as a example on why USA is better than Sweden? Strange!
First of all, Russia is a favorite proclaimed by the media, not me. I personally don't think so. I also didn't list that as a reason why the U.S. was better than Sweden, I'm just saying the U.S. beat a media favorite, while Sweden lost to one... which gives you what grounds to talk **** on? None.
First you said Sweden is more hyped than USA and now you said Sweden isn't a favorite? So you mean USA isn't a favorite too? :laugh:
Clearly your grasp of the English language and simple concepts in general are a bit weak.
USA has got much more hype than Canada and Sweden. This thread is a great example on that.
Yeah, ok.
Yes, that poll clearly shows which teams are the favorites. USA is far more hyped than Sweden.
Right, you're just pointing at one or two recent threads and ignore the entire past month of BS spewed by the likes of you, Garl, and co.
Not I either! I want to see if USA will crush the Swedes like you Americans says.
What Americans said the U.S. would crush Sweden? Please post examples.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
This is perhaps the most balanced team the U.S. has sent to the WJC. Yes there is always room for improvement but rest assured that the team will improve as the tourney progresses.

The U.S. is the real deal this year....no ifs, ands, buts or hype.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
never ever question a wings prospect again! :hit: ;)

it's hard to stay sharp in games vs bottom teams. so i wouldn't judge goalies until they played strong opponents. and i'm confident that mccollum will be sharp when it counts.

Sorry to inform you but McCollum isnt that good.... he will fold like a deck of cards when he gets some shots unlike yesterday.... Team Canada didnt even take the best goalie..... Mike Murphy should be the starter on this team no question..... but I have confidence in the two they have chosen

Flyersfan1216

Dec 17, 2008
FL ( From Philly)
One word: HOMER.
I am the biggest Sweden homer alive. We will crush you Americans. How dare you think that you can win Gold ? What is so special about the Americans ? You shouldn't even take the ice with us Swede's. BLAH BLAH BLAH .
This is what all your post's look like

Will you shut up . People dont have to like Sweden. Some may like USA. Get over yourself.

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
Yes USA does look good, but doesnt it say something about their development that they have like 1 Jr eligable player in the NHL? if these players are as good as everyone says, why are some in their 3rd straight world Jr tourney?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Yes USA does look good, but doesnt it say something about their development that they have like 1 Jr eligable player in the NHL? if these players are as good as everyone says, why are some in their 3rd straight world Jr tourney?

There are a few that are playing college hockey. Otherwise they'd be in the NHL. JVR might very well be playing for Philly. Same with Colin Wilson with Nashville. I could be wrong, it's know to happen.:laugh:

STHLM*

This is what all your post's look like

Will you shut up . People dont have to like Sweden. Some may like USA. Get over yourself.

When I have said that Sweden will crush USA? What do you say? All people must love USA or? At least that's how you react. I think USA is extremely overated. They can take the gold, but I can't see them as bigger favorite than the other teams. This thread shows how overated USA is.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
USA is a good team. Yes they may be overrated but they have made many strides to become a respectable team. They have a solid hockey program and its consistently getting better. More and more Americans are getting drafted in top spots each year with that comes the hype. However the hype is well garnered considering they way they have played up until now.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Sorry to inform you but McCollum isnt that good.... he will fold like a deck of cards when he gets some shots unlike yesterday.... Team Canada didnt even take the best goalie..... Mike Murphy should be the starter on this team no question..... but I have confidence in the two they have chosen
Tell me, what logic do you have for McCollum folding? He's a terrific young goaltender that steals games and probably has the most pure skill of any goaltender in the OHL, he was taken in the 1st round for a reason.

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA
if anything it'd be better for him to see a consistent rate of shots.. it's tough as a goalie mentally when you face sporadic action.

Randall Graves*

No it doesn't say anything some teams develop players differently.

Everyone knows Stamkos isn't NHL ready. But he's there, why? Because that's what Tampa decided.

Is Schenn really NHL ready? He looked good early but has been up and down as expected lately, the Leafs rushed him.

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA

Everyone knows Stamkos isn't NHL ready. But he's there, why? Because that's what Tampa decided.

Is Schenn really NHL ready? He looked good early but has been up and down as expected lately, the Leafs rushed him.

Turris is kinda iffy.. same with Bailey (as much as i hate to say it).

But NHL readiness aside, these would be impact players at the JUNIOR level.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

I agree on both counts. I thought most part Schenn was NHL ready. But I have noticed his transition game needs to be brushed up a bit.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Canada is a clear underdog in this tournament,if we win the Gold with this team,against the best the USA and Sweden has ever sent to the WJC it will be a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad