WOW. Just Wow.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Only entertainment I'm getting now is the prediction threads. Life's more important things will fill my life until trade deadline and the draft. Haven't been this apathetic since the 80's.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I've been anti tank forever but it clear that this team is damaged beyond repair and has lost all interest in being here.

I will say now that I feel bad for whoever we draft when they don't instantly turn this franchise around.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Season ticket holder here, and I don't even go to the games anymore. I have been a faithful fan for over 30 years and I will say I am losing interest.

I will be disappointed if we do not get a top 4 pick @ this coming draft.

Here as well. I have made a pact to not only stay away, but to make sure that my seats remain empty....just my little message to MLSE, if you are going to except my pile of cash at the beginning of each year, at least have the decency to put something respectable on the ice.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Only entertainment I'm getting now is the prediction threads. Life's more important things will fill my life until trade deadline and the draft. Haven't been this apathetic since the 80's.

Agreed. It's hard to believe that this current team could actually perform worse (11 losses in a row and counting) than any team headed by Harrold Ballard.:laugh:

BlueStorm

Aug 14, 2010
Halifax
So been a Leaf fan for life, and turning 50 in a few months. I have a few Pics somewhere as a toddler wearing a Leaf Jersey.... we must have JUST won a cup.

Been a patient follower, bought Jerseys, tickets, anything LEAFS for my grandsons, always trying to remain a positive fan all my life.

The day Rogers and Bell bought the team, 2 of the most impersonal/money hungry bottom line thieves in Canadian history bought the team, I like many others lost some lustre. I tell my entire family do NOT buy anything with a Leaf Logo, we will not financially support billionaires with false hope while we struggle with day-to-day trying to raise 2 hungry boys.

I am becoming the fan that followed every game to not even bothering to schedule a saturday night for the Leaf game for either myself or my 2 hockey loving grandsons. Frankly losing interest when our entire family has a million other options in a multimedia world.

Feel kinda sad but it's true.

I totally agree. The Leafs are a business not a hockey team.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
I know many will disagree but it wouldn't matter who owned this team they would be uber rich and I could care less that they want to make more, hell I would. I cheer for the symbol and the team that I remember cheering for growing up, the butterflies walking into Maple Gardens gave me. The players well, lol, they are getting harder to cheer for!!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Losses are good. Don't watch the games, route to lose, pray for the McDavid.

Praying for McDavid is all in vain! Bettman will see to it that McDavid ends up somewhere in the U.S. of A. You can count on that! :rant:

Last edited:

Wilbur*

So been a Leaf fan for life, and turning 50 in a few months. I have a few Pics somewhere as a toddler wearing a Leaf Jersey.... we must have JUST won a cup.

Been a patient follower, bought Jerseys, tickets, anything LEAFS for my grandsons, always trying to remain a positive fan all my life.

The day Rogers and Bell bought the team, 2 of the most impersonal/money hungry bottom line thieves in Canadian history bought the team, I like many others lost some lustre. I tell my entire family do NOT buy anything with a Leaf Logo, we will not financially support billionaires with false hope while we struggle with day-to-day trying to raise 2 hungry boys.

I am becoming the fan that followed every game to not even bothering to schedule a saturday night for the Leaf game for either myself or my 2 hockey loving grandsons. Frankly losing interest when our entire family has a million other options in a multimedia world.

The Ontario Teacher Pension Plan wasn't much better. They had to provide a positive return on investment. Doesn't get any more "make money not win games" mentality than that. I'm sure the Ballard years were just as bad.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
lol I can't believe some people actually think like this. You don't think they want to win? Do you realize how much more money they would make if they were a contending team that made the playoffs every year? Don't be ridiculous. Go look at all pro sports, theres bad teams all over, would you like to accuse them of not wanting to win too?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This actually cheered me up a little...

Ive been the staunchest anti-tank guy for years, but that's changed. Here's why:

Those earlier teams gutted it out and lost honestly when they lost. At least they showed some pride. This team has NONE. No Character, no pride and no leadership. They look like they hate playing as much as we hate watching them.

If they were playing with some pride I would say let them lose honestly while developing their collective compete level and a pack mentality wherein they fight for each other. If they ended up with 10th overall but became tighter and more competitive as a group overall I'd be happy.

It's time to turn the page on this group. Save for Rielly, Komarov, Holland, Nylander and maybe Bernier, if I dont see any of the others in a Leaf jersey again, I'd be fine with it.

I'd sit the top line for the next couple games and unload everyone at the deadline that can be unloaded, except Clarkson. We will need that fat contract to keep the team at the cap floor.

Tank Nation, I am with you. For now.

you owe me an appoligy old man:naughty:

you have been hard in this tankers grill for 6 dang years :)

tankers have been getting kicked in the teeth on this board for 6 years and for what? being right all along?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I wish the barn tonight was half full. Too many seats to give away...people love free stuff.

Atleast find a good chant. goddammit.

Makes us home watchers laugh a little.

Lets see:
"tank you Toronto"
"Tank-Check
Hora-Check"
"No Honour for Connor"
cheer for opposing goals

come on, look alive!
:P

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The Ontario Teacher Pension Plan wasn't much better. They had to provide a positive return on investment. Doesn't get any more "make money not win games" mentality than that. I'm sure the Ballard years were just as bad.

actually ballard was way worse then the TPF if that's even possible

ballards budget constraints on ALL facets of the organisation are well documented and appalling.

the only, the only good thing i have to say about the TPF is that they did not fear to spend $ to make $.

for those that are to young to know of the ballard era, just think of this person

Ebenezer Scrooge, before the 3 ghosts paid a visit, you can paint your own picture after that.

Last edited:

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
lol I can't believe some people actually think like this. You don't think they want to win? Do you realize how much more money they would make if they were a contending team that made the playoffs every year? Don't be ridiculous. Go look at all pro sports, theres bad teams all over, would you like to accuse them of not wanting to win too?

Exactly.

They do treat this as a business (as do most other sports teams owners do), and they would make so much more money if this team was even a pretender to the cup, let alone a contender. They're spending at the cap and putting quite a bit of money into it, its not like the MLB where you don't have a hard cap to contend with.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I know many will disagree but it wouldn't matter who owned this team they would be uber rich and I could care less that they want to make more, hell I would. I cheer for the symbol and the team that I remember cheering for growing up, the butterflies walking into Maple Gardens gave me. The players well, lol, they are getting harder to cheer for!!

I agree doorman, and I do believe in free enterprise and the right for a company to make as much profit as possible. I was also a customer of both companies for many many years though and watched my bills grow and grow and my service get worse and worse. Someone mentionned Bell and rogers employ 80k people? Granted. I also know quite a few people that work or have worked for Bell, and none have nice things to say about them. And Rogers are vicious and will left no stones unturned to try and squeeze an extra few dollars out of every customer. Remember negative option billing?

Now these are 2 different things tho.... I obviousy can't blame either of them for years of Leaf futility when they've only been on board a few years. That's on MLSE, getting bigger and bigger building their "brand" and "other interests" while letting the flagship team wither.... all the while ensuring it is the most expensive ticket in sports.

I will always carry the leaf tattoo on my chest to a degree.... maybe buried under a few extra layers. I check scores and log in here to read many interesting takes and ideas. I admit i logged in last night after the game just to see the score and hoping they'd lost again, so maybe things will get done properly. heck I will admit that I will start watching again if they gut the rot and have a young hungry team, even if they aren't that good. but they won't get my money anymore. Bell and Rogers won't get my money, I will go elsewhere for those services and I do. I won't buy anything with an NHL logo on it, in case MLSE et all get a few cents from it. I only have one small voice, and can only control my family's spending, but it's my choice. I've just finally had enough.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
actually ballard was way worse then the TPF if that's even possible

ballards budget constraints on ALL facets of the organisation are well documented and appalling.

the only, the only good thing i have to say about the TPF is that they did not fear to spend $ to make $.

for those that are to young to know of the ballard era, just think of this person

Ebenezer Scrooge, before the 3 ghosts paid a visit, you can paint your own picture after that.
Ballard as an owner's scam of selling tickets to a scalper to get some spending money without declaring it as income and getting busted by Revenue Canada says all you need to know about that POS.

Oct 19, 2007

I am older than you but this is the very first year in my 55 years plus following and loving the team that I feel the very same as you. I love the Leafs and will forever be a fan but this is the very first year that I look at the standings and hope that the teams behind them will catch up so that we can finally get a top notch center. No I am not a member of the tank fellows and will never wish they lose or that players get injured so that it weakens the team even more and lose more. After watching the game against Jersey last night,I think it is possible to get that player.I can say that I saw the Leafs win the cup on 4 different occasions and that feeling will never be beat. With that being said I still will end with Go Leafs Go.

Durkin67

you owe me an appoligy old man:naughty:

you have been hard in this tankers grill for 6 dang years :)

tankers have been getting kicked in the teeth on this board for 6 years and for what? being right all along?

This is the first year that it has been evident that they aren't even competing. That's the difference.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
This is the first year that it has been evident that they aren't even competing. That's the difference.

gotta disagree there, this team with exception of a few pockets here and there hasn't been competitive since the Wilson team that was averaging over 30 shots a game but couldn't score. This floater mentality on this team , that has been rewarded with big contracts I might add, has been in full swing for the better part of six seasons now.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Telus feels left out of your dual monopoly claims.

Oh you worked for one of them, perfect, so you would know what % of their employees are overseas. Based on your statement, sounds like its a lot. Looking forward to your expertise to straighten me out.

Telus should feel left out. They are quite clearly in a distant third place when it come to certain services.

Never said I work or worked for them. I certainly know some who have and not a single one liked their job. Also didn't know it was my job to "Straighten" you out.

Quite frankly we have the highest charges for cell phone use in world and there is little reason for it. But if you think Bell and Rogers are the white knights of business, you keep thinking that way. Either way, they will not be a good ownership combo for Toronto as far as on ice success is concerned.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

i would direct to our final standings over a 82 game season since burkie first rolled in.

this roster is and has been

blow it up, tank worthy for some time now.

Mar 26, 2010
Here as well. I have made a pact to not only stay away, but to make sure that my seats remain empty....just my little message to MLSE, if you are going to except my pile of cash at the beginning of each year, at least have the decency to put something respectable on the ice.

Agree 100%. It is a slap in the face to the fans and a utter embarrassment to the city to Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad