WOW. Just Wow.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
So been a Leaf fan for life, and turning 50 in a few months. I have a few Pics somewhere as a toddler wearing a Leaf Jersey.... we must have JUST won a cup.

Been a patient follower, bought Jerseys, tickets, anything LEAFS for my grandsons, always trying to remain a positive fan all my life.

The day Rogers and Bell bought the team, 2 of the most impersonal/money hungry bottom line thieves in Canadian history bought the team, I like many others lost some lustre. I tell my entire family do NOT buy anything with a Leaf Logo, we will not financially support billionaires with false hope while we struggle with day-to-day trying to raise 2 hungry boys.

I am becoming the fan that followed every game to not even bothering to schedule a saturday night for the Leaf game for either myself or my 2 hockey loving grandsons. Frankly losing interest when our entire family has a million other options in a multimedia world.

Feel kinda sad but it's true.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
And yet, we will all be glued come deadline day.

And then again at the draft.

No one cares about the games now, but let's stop pretending that care for the team has just somehow vanished.

Some have given up on the season. Maybe on the team in general. But we all bleed blue whether you are 50 or 25.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Maybe yes but a conscious decision as a long time Leaf fan to not support the madness until we have a competent young team is all I can do as a single fan with a family of potential hockey fans that could easily direct their attention elsewhere with a million options.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Maybe yes but a conscious decision as a long time Leaf fan to not support the madness until we have a competent young team is all I can do as a single fan with a family of potential hockey fans that could easily direct their attention elsewhere with a million options.

I can respect that.

Truth be told, given the agony, anguish, heartache, and pure frustration that this team has put me through during my years of fandom, I don't think I would subject my kids to the Leafs if I was your age and in your situation.

It almost feels like torture to introduce them to that sort of thing. I think that's what many of us feel like we are doing to ourselves, in truth.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
And yet, we will all be glued come deadline day.

And then again at the draft.

No one cares about the games now, but let's stop pretending that care for the team has just somehow vanished.

Some have given up on the season. Maybe on the team in general. But we all bleed blue whether you are 50 or 25.

Yep. It's best we all just accept that we're in this together. We're leafs fans for life so lets just hope we can turn this ship around here for the future.

If OP had truly have given up on this team odds are he wouldn't bother taking the time posting on the boards here.

cgarn

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Budzz, I turn 50 this year too. Have the same exact feelings about Rogers/Bell.

I have supported the same way in the past. When new jerseys are made I brought them. Always go to a couple of games a year and some out of town ones too.

Now it is so sad.

If by chance they do get McDavid, the craziness will surely start.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Rogers/Bell bought the Leafs just over 2 years ago, from an ownership group that was worth way more than they are. The Leafs have stunk for FAR longer than 2 years.

I really hope this is going to end up with a proper rebuild instead of another lunge at mediocrity.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I can respect that.

Truth be told, given the agony, anguish, heartache, and pure frustration that this team has put me through during my years of fandom, I don't think I would subject my kids to the Leafs if I was your age and in your situation.

It almost feels like torture to introduce them to that sort of thing. I think that's what many of us feel like we are doing to ourselves, in truth.
My dad made me a lifelong Leafs and Detroit Lions fan. How cruel was that?:laugh:

Mar 26, 2010
Season ticket holder here, and I don't even go to the games anymore. I have been a faithful fan for over 30 years and I will say I am losing interest.

I will be disappointed if we do not get a top 4 pick @ this coming draft.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Season ticket holder here, and I don't even go to the games anymore. I have been a faithful fan for over 30 years and I will say I am losing interest.

I will be disappointed if we do not get a top 4 pick @ this coming draft.
Can you still ditch the game tickets you don't want at a premium or are people losing interest?

Mar 26, 2010
Can you still ditch the game tickets you don't want at a premium or are people losing interest?

To be honest, I have given most away. My brother takes his buddies.

I can also tell you I have never sold a ticket at a premium price over face value. I don't agree with that. We all work hard for our money, don't want to screw anyone over.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Would a win really make you feel any better, though?

It's totally meaningless at this point. We'd only be pulling further away from a top 3 draft pick, and it's not like there's any 'pride' to have in this team when 90% of them will be gone in the summer anyway and are playing like they're well aware of that.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
So been a Leaf fan for life, and turning 50 in a few months. I have a few Pics somewhere as a toddler wearing a Leaf Jersey.... we must have JUST won a cup.

Been a patient follower, bought Jerseys, tickets, anything LEAFS for my grandsons, always trying to remain a positive fan all my life.

The day Rogers and Bell bought the team, 2 of the most impersonal/money hungry bottom line thieves in Canadian history bought the team, I like many others lost some lustre. I tell my entire family do NOT buy anything with a Leaf Logo, we will not financially support billionaires with false hope while we struggle with day-to-day trying to raise 2 hungry boys.

I am becoming the fan that followed every game to not even bothering to schedule a saturday night for the Leaf game for either myself or my 2 hockey loving grandsons. Frankly losing interest when our entire family has a million other options in a multimedia world.

Feel kinda sad but it's true.

Bell and Rogers employ something like 80K Canadians. But in your mind they are evil. Cool story bro.

If you dont like the Leafs anymore, take a lap, you wont be missed.

Also, make sure your kids are fed.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
dont know why you guys are mad about the losses here.

this core is done, and if you get a guy like McDavid you may be at the beginnings of giving this team a stanley cup.

darkest before the dawn i'd say, noone will give a crap about a 15 game losing streak if we get mcdavid or eichel. And I'd still be pretty damn happy with hanifin or strome.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Bell and Rogers employ something like 80K Canadians. But in your mind they are evil. Cool story bro.

If you dont like the Leafs anymore, take a lap, you wont be missed.

Also, make sure your kids are fed.

So does Mcdonalds, so I guess they are great too? Rogers and Bell have also been guilty of taking jobs and shipping them over seas. They have also been guilty of over charging for services. They have also been charged with creating a dual monopoly. If you think Bell and Rogers are good companies you clearly have not worked for them.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
So does Mcdonalds, so I guess they are great too? Rogers and Bell have also been guilty of taking jobs and shipping them over seas. They have also been guilty of over charging for services. They have also been charged with creating a dual monopoly. If you think Bell and Rogers are good companies you clearly have not worked for them.

Telus feels left out of your dual monopoly claims.

Oh you worked for one of them, perfect, so you would know what % of their employees are overseas. Based on your statement, sounds like its a lot. Looking forward to your expertise to straighten me out.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I can't even remember the last time I watched a Leafs game, let alone looked at the schedule and planned on watching a particular one. I had a ton of interest early in the season and before I knew it, it was gone. Instead I end up watching something else on tv (possibly another NHL game) and our local OHL team either in person or on tv. And while our OHL team doesn't have the greatest record either, I would still rather watch an amateur broadcast of their games on Cogeco before a Leafs game right now. As much as I like some of the Leafs's players, they need some drastic changes to become successful.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
To be honest, I have given most away. My brother takes his buddies.

I can also tell you I have never sold a ticket at a premium price over face value. I don't agree with that. We all work hard for our money, don't want to screw anyone over.

That's good peoples :handclap:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
didn't watch the game today... and i watch all the games. when i got to the bar to meet up with my friends and i saw the score and i knew i made the right decision.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Haven't watched a game in ages. I work 12 hours a day so I don't really have a chance to watch anyway, but I don't make the effort anymore.

Their Alberta tour falls on my days off, but I'm not gonna bother making the trip.

Durkin67

dont know why you guys are mad about the losses here.

this core is done, and if you get a guy like McDavid you may be at the beginnings of giving this team a stanley cup.

darkest before the dawn i'd say, noone will give a crap about a 15 game losing streak if we get mcdavid or eichel. And I'd still be pretty damn happy with hanifin or strome.

This actually cheered me up a little...

Ive been the staunchest anti-tank guy for years, but that's changed. Here's why:

Those earlier teams gutted it out and lost honestly when they lost. At least they showed some pride. This team has NONE. No Character, no pride and no leadership. They look like they hate playing as much as we hate watching them.

If they were playing with some pride I would say let them lose honestly while developing their collective compete level and a pack mentality wherein they fight for each other. If they ended up with 10th overall but became tighter and more competitive as a group overall I'd be happy.

It's time to turn the page on this group. Save for Rielly, Komarov, Holland, Nylander and maybe Bernier, if I dont see any of the others in a Leaf jersey again, I'd be fine with it.

I'd sit the top line for the next couple games and unload everyone at the deadline that can be unloaded, except Clarkson. We will need that fat contract to keep the team at the cap floor.

Tank Nation, I am with you. For now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad