Would Zetterberg make team Canada?

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
He would certainly make it over Benn, Carter, Nash and Bergeron. But I wouldn't have had those 4 on my team anyway...

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Easily. Unless of course Canada doesn't like 2-way stars that can play center or wing, PP and PK, and tend to take their game to another level the bigger the stage gets.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i'd love zetterberg on the canadian team haha. if he was canadian

and ya i think he would.

Yamaguchi*

I guess Mr Gretzky has called Zetterberg "the greatest Swedish player"....

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He's bar none the best two-way winger in the league (when he plays wing, that is). There is always room for a guy like that on any roster.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
St Louis-Crosby-Stamkos
Sharp-Tavares-Thorton
Giroux-Getzlaf-Perry
Zetterberg-Bergeron-Toews

My team canada with zetterberg

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Yep. Would have definitely made it over Jamie Benn, Jeff Carter, and Patrick Marleau; and would have probably made it over most of the team.

I would personally take Marleau over Z without thinking twice, but it's obviously very close. similar players but Patty is bigger and still has game breaking speed.

Obviously they'd make room for him.I'd be cutting Nash,Duchene, Kunitz before the other 2 for the roster they've assembled, Benn and Carter were very good picks.
Zetterberg-Crosby-Carter would be such a ridiculously good line.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Arguably the best shutdown center and big game player there is. They would be stupid not to take him.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I would personally take Marleau over Z without thinking twice, but it's obviously very close. similar players but Patty is bigger and still has game breaking speed.

Obviously they'd make room for him.I'd be cutting Nash,Duchene, Kunitz before the other 2 for the roster they've assembled, Benn and Carter were very good picks.
Zetterberg-Crosby-Carter would be such a ridiculously good line.

Marleau is faster.. but that is pretty much the only thing he has on Z..

Zetterberg is..
Better offensively
Better defensively
More versatile
Proven winner and clutch come crunchtime.
That combined with experience on big ice really makes it a no brainer really..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad