Would you trade the 2nd overall pick for Cole Caufield?

Would you trade the 2nd overall pick for Cole Caufield?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Unsure. I really like Slafkovsky and think he could be a star and the perfect fit alongside Jack. But at the same time Caulfield looks like he could be an elite goalscorer and has done well with Jack before.

I’d have to say no for me personally right now if it was straight up but I wouldn’t be upset if we did and I can understand that a lot of fans who aren’t as high Slafkovsky would probably take that in a heartbeat.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I like Caufield a lot but there’s no way I would. It’s a risk that the player we would get wouldn’t not be as good but I’m willing to take that.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I would say no, but it wouldn’t devastate me if it happened.

i don’t think i would, but i wouldn’t hate it if it happened
1655498510380.jpeg

MWagg72

May 9, 2021
Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tempting, but I would pass. This is a lot closer to realistic value than a lot of the other Montreal fan proposals we've seen though.

Reactions: HBK27

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Would I do the trade? maybe.

I doubt our GM would unless he knew he would be able to sign Nichushkin, He said he wanted to get bigger so trading away a pick that can get you a big skilled guy for a skilled elf would be a headscratcher.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
I dont think its totally unreasonable, but it just doesn't make any sense for either party. Actually it makes even less sense for MTL because your trading away your young sniper that plays alongside Suzuki and Wright just to replace him at the draft with another guy to fill the same roll, but now theres a slight bit of risk if the drafted player doesn't pan out. Just keep your guy and Ill happily keep #2 and draft Slaf or Cooley.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
which classes?
I think arithmetic forms the speed of thinking, geometry forms spatial thinking, foreign languages help to form the flexibility of thinking, drawing and music will also come in handy - you need to form imaginative thinking. Arithmetic also helps to form imaginative thinking, but these are completely different approaches and tasks. In general, it will not be superfluous.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I think arithmetic forms the speed of thinking, geometry forms spatial thinking, foreign languages help to form the flexibility of thinking, drawing and music will also come in handy - you need to form imaginative thinking. Arithmetic also helps to form imaginative thinking, but these are completely different approaches and tasks. In general, it will not be superfluous.
You are my favorite hfboards member from St Petersburg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
love the player and the history between him and Hughes with team USA but we need larger forwards or at least forwards that play big and go to the dirty areas of the ice.

Reactions: MakoSlade

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If that happened I'd consider trading Bratt. That's kinda what it comes down to for me. Not that I think Bratt and Caufield are similar players or fill similar roles, but having Hughes, Bratt and Caufield all in the top 6, while cool to think about from a playmaking and goal scoring perspective, is scary to think about come playoff time. I think I'd rather the Devil we know in Bratt, but I do really like Caufield.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
As a Habs fan I say no. Good chance that Caufield will be a 30-40 goal scorer for the next decade and be around point per game. Him and Suzuki have great chemistry together.

Plus I have to assume that the Habs pick Wright at #1 which makes me think in this scenario they pick Nemec and #2. Best forward and best defenceman in the draft. It would leave a glaring hole on the roster of having skilled wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad