Proposal: Would you trade Price to Philadelphia?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Yeah for sure, would do it in a minute, but no way Philly is doing that trade. Would be great for the future of our organisation. Its time to trade Price while he still has a value.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Sure, but only for the following

2014 1st and 2nd round picks
L. Schenn
B. Schenn
W. Simmonds
S. Couturier
S. Mason

for

C. Price
D. Desharnais
B. Gionta
R. Diaz

Seems like a good deal, no? :sarcasm:

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
What package plz just curious because it would take a lot more then just unproven prospects to trade away your franchise goalie

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What package plz just curious because it would take a lot more then just unproven prospects to trade away your franchise goalie

We have a franchise goalie?
If we do, well, he doesn't exactly plays like one.

onemorecup*

I don't see either team doing that. habs see him as the franchise goalie and Phillie doesn't have the cap room.

philly has a ton of cap they could give us

simmonds, voracek, etc...

philly wont make the deal

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yeah for sure, would do it in a minute, but no way Philly is doing that trade. Would be great for the future of our organisation. Its time to trade Price while he still has a value.

And you'd throw in Pleks while you're at it.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
We have a franchise goalie?
If we do, well, he doesn't exactly plays like one.

Alright buddy I'm not even going to get into this but believe it or not there are at least 25 teams who would kill there parents to have price on there team but your a price hater so there's no point your mind is made up.

onemorecup*

For how crappy and failing half the board thinks Price is, its amazing he could even fetch a first let alone any of the offers.

Thats whats so hilarious. He is bashed for everything by many here, then think he should be traded for some amazing return.

agreed philly may give one good kid like schenn or simmonds plus a second

people r smoking if you think u you are getting three young pieces

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
agreed philly may give one good kid like schenn or simmonds plus a second

people r smoking if you think u you are getting three young pieces

I want the poster who on another thread suggested there should be an entrance exam to this board to be knighted.

The volume of ignorance and unadulterated drivel in this thread is remarkable.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Alright buddy I'm not even going to get into this but believe it or not there are at least 25 teams who would kill there parents to have price on there team but your a price hater so there's no point your mind is made up.

I'm a Price hater...

Really? I'm mostly a Price defender, if anything.

Please provide at least 4 piece of evidence.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The only way you trade Price is if the other team is overpaying and a good goalie is part of the package.

Something like Dubnyk + Eberle for Price + Gionta.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The only way you trade Price is if the other team is overpaying and a good goalie is part of the package.

Something like Dubnyk + Eberle for Price + Gionta.

Morin, Couturier and a 1st is overpaying.

But I agree -- we do have the problem of finding another goaltender.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Morin, Couturier and a 1st is overpaying.

But I agree -- we do have the problem of finding another goaltender.

If I had to trade price I would be asking a lot more then couturier, morin and a first more like getzlaf or perry and a first for price and hiller or fasth just because we don't need to trade him. But if we had to get rid of him because he doesn't want to play here or for whatever reason I would jump all over that Philly trade. But right now at this time of prices career not enough value coming our way. I know this comment is going to cause an outrage.

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
How can anybody take this thread seriously? Philly is a salary cap team, they can't pay Carey's contract. If you're going to ask for someone back for an established player, ask for Giroux or Simmonds not young players that aren't established. Oh yeah that's because Philadelphia would say laugh at you. Galchenyuk > Couturier, Tinordi>Morin. More upside on both of our guys. Philly needs a goalie, and they draft a defenceman. BTW, are you going to be playing in nets?

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Still seems early to be pulling the plug on Price. One game, knee-jerk reaction. Plus the TML seem to have our number. It reminds me of our recent successes vs. the B's.

That play, Markov got burned on. Any and every d-man at nearly every level has been caught up on that play (Bozak goal). And it's not his fault. Especially with the man advantage. The winger or centre must slow the checking forward down or that is going to happen, if the d-man juggles the puck or has his shot blocked even for an instant. Was probably that scrub Plekanec.

Guys like Gorges and Markov with cement feet need to be protected by good team defense, support. It is at least a plus that they both think the game well because watching them try to change direction is scary.

It will come. First game wasn't too awful bad. We showed character in hanging in there and responding every time the TML pulled ahead. I hope Price is the type that responds with a chip on his shoulder. There is a lot at stake for him this year and he has the athleticism to take it, ...just needs the mental fortitude and confidence.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I would trade anybody to any team if the followings are met:

1) If the price is fair
2) If it makes the team better right now without putting the futur in jeopardy
3) If it makes the futur brighter if the team is in re-construction mode.

...if what is preceding is met, then nobody is untouchable.

Seems obvious to me.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How can anybody take this thread seriously? Philly is a salary cap team, they can't pay Carey's contract. If you're going to ask for someone back for an established player, ask for Giroux or Simmonds not young players that aren't established. Oh yeah that's because Philadelphia would say laugh at you. Galchenyuk > Couturier, Tinordi>Morin. More upside on both of our guys. Philly needs a goalie, and they draft a defenceman. BTW, are you going to be playing in nets?

They have Stolarz and Kimmo will be 39 in March. That's why they drafted Morin and Hagg and not a goalie in the first two rounds.

Pricef*

Price (26 years old) for Voracek (23 years old), L. Schenn (23 years old) and Mason (25 years old), would be a good trade. We get three solid pieces coming back, and Philly gets a young elite starter they've wanted for decades.

Voracek will be a decent 30 goal scorer for years to come, 60-70 point producer. Schenn will be a great shutdown defenseman for years to come. A pairing of Emelin and Schenn would be one of the best shutdown pairing D in the league. Mason comes back our way, since we need a goalie who can play at least 50-55 games, and Budaj could play the rest. Mason gets one last chance to prove himself. This is the best scenario I could think of for both teams.

Even if Price is somewhat overrated, you don't just give him away for anything. We're better off keeping him, unless we get an offer we can't refuse. Price has the potential to be a top 5 goalie in the league, we just need a better D squad for Price to reach his peek. Skill-wise I'd say Price is the best in the NHL. But skill and success are both independents of each other. Skill can only bring you so far, and your team can only bring you so far too.

I like the way you think

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
If anything I would've suggested that the Flyers take Fucale instead of Price. Price is in his prime right now and really there's nobody left to fill in for the Habs.

Fucale for probably Simmonds + C prospect? Laughton (although Philly loves him).

Pricef*

What about Price and Gionta to Vancouver for Luongo and a pick? Lu can hold the fort until Fucale is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad