Proposal: Would you trade Price to Philadelphia?

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Would you trade Price to Philadelphia for...

Sean Couturier + Samuel Morin + 1st round draft pick in 2014?

I think you could ask for more than that but who is your goaltender after the trade?

Edit: judging by the pieces coming back in this trade, is the plan to enter a full blown rebuild?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
When you want to trade your 1st goalie, at least try to find one to replace him. Don't just make a proposal and leave the team with Budaj as our starter.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Who would be our goalie for the next few years?

Budaj?
Tokarski?
Theodore?

Morin and Couturier would be great but there wouldn't be a spot available on the roster for Couturier. Morin and Fucale wouldn't be able to play with Montreal untill a few years..

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Would Fucale be ready, I'd take that deal. Not sure the Flyers would though.

There's no need for us to trade Price... At least for as long as Fucale isn't ready for the show. That, plus we'd be selling him low at this point.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's trade all of our forwards away and get nothing but blueliners back. Maybe that will work.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Yeqah oh man for sure right now defieitlewy cooll ****ing idea woh my gods ****ing awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Not a chance. Look at how hard some teams have to search for a legit #1 goaltender, there's not a chance that Price goes anywhere unless we have one to replace him.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
I want

Wayne Simmonds
Sean Couturier
Samuel Morin
Ray Emery

for

Carey Price
Josh Gorges
Nathan Beaulieu

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
And Budaj takes the starter job! Yes, having a sub-par goaltender has done wonders for Philadelphia the past few years.

HabsHockey*

If you trade Price, you need a started on the way back as well.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
When Halak led us to round 3 i thought price was a goner, and i thought trading him to philly would be ideal as they needed a goalie and had stuff to give back in exchange

then of course we PLAY philly in round 3 and they dismantle us and halak and then halak fetches us Eller

bottom line, why in the **** would we trade price to philly NOW?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Look, I'm critical of Price's technique/play on occasion, but this thread just... hurts my brain. There's no Halak beside him right now, and we've held onto him until he got to his prime, so how about we try to see some of his prime? We don't need to trade him at this point, he just has to play a teensy bit better.

Maybe, MAYbe, if another really good goalie was coming back, maybe one that only had 2 or 3 years left on their contract, maybe you start putting together something that makes more sense in the long term, but man... Price to Philadelphia? Already? Jesus no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad