Would You Trade Malcom Subban For Ignila or Perry Type Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
No, I wouldn't trade Subban for either of those guys (both rentals, right?), but I would look to use him as a trade chip towards aquiring a nice player...maybe a young, solid, system defenseman to replace Ference moving forward.

IMO Rask has shown that he's worthy of a long term deal...we know the Bruins love the kid. I'd like to keep the Rask/Khudobin combo for as long as possible. Solid.

Draft another prospect goalie when applicable.

This x10 give Rask 4.5 per for 3-5 years and give Khudobin a reasonable raise.. Before I didn't want to let Horton walk but at this point it wouldn't be the worst thing and would give us some flexibility to keep more important pieces ie Khudobin.. We can replace Horton w someone else who can match his production for less $

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Subban is the piece the Bruins could probably move most easily.

problem is goalies are traditionally undervalued in the trade market. I am not sure right now which is the more valuable Asset, Subban or the Bruins late first round pick this year (in a much better draft)

So in some ways I really hate trading a darn good asset for not much money. He is not the Bruins best prospect, but he is the bruins highest ceiling prospect. And he does play the most important position on the ice.

So basically I am willing to move Subban, but the return has to be really special, not a short term rental

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Sorry to disappoint all who would trade Subban in a package for Iginla. According to this article on the trade deadline the Flames have already asked about Subban in a package for Iginla and have been rejected.

The Bruins are telling teams that Subban and Spooner are untouchable.

One thing that is also for certain: after talking to a large group of agents, executives and scouts over the last few weeks it’s pretty clear that the Bruins have told interested teams that young prospects Malcolm Subban and Ryan Spooner are on their “untouchable†list in trade talks. Other teams have inquired about both, but the Bruins won’t be entertaining any thoughts of dealing either one of them over the next two weeks.

Several sources have indicated to CSNNE.com that the Flames were asking for Subban as part of a potential package for Iginla as Calgary looks for an eventual replacement between the pipes for the aging Miikka Kiprusoff. But it will have to be a different set of assets discussed between Chiarelli and Calgary GM Jay Feaster that would potentially bring the Calgary captain to Boston in his search for a Stanley Cup.

Full article: http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/chiarelli-hard-its-ever-been-make-trade

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I agree with those that would trade for Perry but not for Iginla. I don't think it's a good idea to trade such a promising prospect for an aging player that we have no clue as to how he will be able to play in the east and within the Bs system. It's a pipedream that Perry would be traded to Boston in any case.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd probably be ok with Subban being the centerpiece of an Iginla trade. I'm actually really happy with our goaltending prospect depth right now. Subban isn't expendable per se, but he would hold so much value to a team like Calgary that it would make him a great bargaining chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad