Would You Trade Malcom Subban For Ignila or Perry Type Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afam*

Do people aside from Craig Button really use WJC as a true measuring stick of anyone?

Dougie didn't play very well in the WJC either. And plenty of medicore players have made big names for themselves by playing a handful of good games in a junior tournament.

So I don't give a crap about WJC performance.

With that said, I would do the trade & hope it doesn't come back to bite in 5 years.

Best post of the Day. I hope he doesn't come back and bite us in the As or he comes a top 5 Goalie. I would do the deal if Ignila can agree with an extension with us.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Would I trade Malcolm for Corey Perry?

A goalie who didn't play very well at the World Juniors......for a 27-year old former MVP winner in the NHL who can potentially score 50 goals every year?

Let me think about that for a second...........

See ya, Malcolm. Every day and twice on Sunday.

Ya, but would you have traded Blaine Lacher for Eric Lindros?

Well, I'm the wrong person to ask. Lindros was my idol growing up. Probably explains my fascination with brain injuries. I still have an old Lindros Flyers sweater.

To stay on topic, I would also trade Malcolm Subban for Lindros. Get 'er done, Chia!

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
For Corey Perry yes I would deal Subban in a second for Perry, for Iginla no. The only way I want Iginla is if the Bruins could get him in deal similar to Bourgue to the Ava, maybe our 2013 1st + Caron + AHLer ie Bartowski, only way that happens though is if Iginla were to say he only wants to go to Boston. I would not give up top prospects and picks though for a player in his mid 30's already, Iginla is still a good player, but not the same as of a few years ago. I would like to see the Bruins though package Subban in a deal for young player with loads of potential say Evander Kane. For Kane I would even deal Lucic straight up, some would never want to trade Looch, but I think he is a bit one dimensional and would prefer Kane's scoring touch and speed over Looch's braun.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
No, but i checked the thread here and i watched some few highlights. He performed badly. You guys are beginning to convince me that trading subban might be the right move. I said i was team's first guy so if i'm not willing to trade subban, i look like a hypocrite.

I'm okay with trading Subban now if it makes the Bruins better.

He wasn't bad. Team Canada fell short as a whole.

I would do it in a heartbeat.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
If we can flip Subban at the deadline for immediate help I do it everyday of the week. It's no different than trading our first rounder.

This team has a window, take advantage of it because they don't stay open for too long and they don't open all the time.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I volunteer to drive Subban to the airport for Ignila, hell I'll pay for Subban's flight, first class, for Corey Perry :laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Maybe they could work out a three way deal and get Perry and Vanek for Subban, Tommy Cross and a 5th round pick.

All kidding aside though, I don't see them moving Subban, and I don't see them dealing for a big name.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
Ha Ha. A Superstar. Kidding a side, Tuukka is bringing too worry me a bit. He gives up soft goals either top shelve, 5 hole. He just seems to give up a key goal when you need him the most to stop the puck. I don't want to turn this into a Rask- Subban debate, but they is no way im giving Tuukka anything more than a 5 mil contract. If he leads us to a stanley cup or to the ECF then yes he deserves a big pay day but until the no.

Furthermore, WTH are wiggy and co saying we deep in the goalie department. No we don't. After Dobby, we are very thin. Svedberg, Hutchinson etc haven't proven nothing yet.

:huh: Svedberg already has over 30 wins in Providence and was named to the AHL allstar game...now don't get me wrong he still has alot to prove but as of right now I think he's doing all the right things...I also think if Khudobin bolts for the KHL Svedberg could be on the fast track to Boston and I'd be interested to see how he handles NHL competition.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the Bruins are thinking of trading Subban its probably a combination of teams wanting him and Svedberg in their opinion an NHL calibar goalie- and I do think that is the case....so maybe there is something to this after all

I would actually do this rental IF the Bruins believe that Svedberg is the real deal and can not only be a serviceable backup but a starter in the NHL. Starting to sound like this is actually what is happening

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Iginla? Nah, probably wouldn't trade him for Iginla.

Perry? In a frickin' heartbeat.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This is a tough call, but if the B's feel that Svedberg can be an above average NHL goalie I might be on board. I certaintly would prefer seeing Subban go before the likes of Spooner.

flooredaccord

Apr 30, 2011
Would I trade Malcolm for Corey Perry?

A goalie who didn't play very well at the World Juniors......for a 27-year old former MVP winner in the NHL who can potentially score 50 goals every year?

Let me think about that for a second...........

See ya, Malcolm. Every day and twice on Sunday.
this. malcom for iginla....probably not . malcom for perry absolutely

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
according to joe haggerty (take it for what its worth) subban is the player that is being brought up most by other teams in trade negotiations, I personally would trade him for any player that can help the team this year. goalie is the position the bruins are deepest at, not just svedberg, rask and khudobin, but also lars volden is playing well overseas and zane gothberg looks very talented at UND. while subban holds high upside, he is a few years away yet.

I take the situation like this. Blake wheeler and mark stuart have by leaps and bounds out performed rich peverley and boris valabik since that trade in 2011. but would i take it back knowing that now? absolutely not. yes i think wheeler would help out big time right now, but that cup wouldnt have been won in 2011 without trading him away for pevs in my opinion. So in 4 years when/if subban turns into a stud goalie, will I be upset if ryan clowe or jarome iginla or milan hejduk aren't worth subbans value anymore? not if the b's hoist lord stanley in 2013 i won't. And i don't think the b's have a great chance to win in the playoffs without shaking up the lineup a little bit

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
according to joe haggerty (take it for what its worth) subban is the player that is being brought up most by other teams in trade negotiations, I personally would trade him for any player that can help the team this year. goalie is the position the bruins are deepest at, not just svedberg, rask and khudobin, but also lars volden is playing well overseas and zane gothberg looks very talented at UND. while subban holds high upside, he is a few years away yet.

I take the situation like this. Blake wheeler and mark stuart have by leaps and bounds out performed rich peverley and boris valabik since that trade in 2011. but would i take it back knowing that now? absolutely not. yes i think wheeler would help out big time right now, but that cup wouldnt have been won in 2011 without trading him away for pevs in my opinion. So in 4 years when/if subban turns into a stud goalie, will I be upset if ryan clowe or jarome iginla or milan hejduk aren't worth subbans value anymore? not if the b's hoist lord stanley in 2013 i won't. And i don't think the b's have a great chance to win in the playoffs without shaking up the lineup a little bit

At the very least "a little bit."

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
No, I wouldn't trade Subban for either of those guys (both rentals, right?), but I would look to use him as a trade chip towards aquiring a nice player...maybe a young, solid, system defenseman to replace Ference moving forward.

IMO Rask has shown that he's worthy of a long term deal...we know the Bruins love the kid. I'd like to keep the Rask/Khudobin combo for as long as possible. Solid.

Draft another prospect goalie when applicable.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Definately I would trade Subban for Iginla. Svedberg has been very good in Providence, Subban may not measure up to Svedberg led alone be an NHL starter for all we know. No way Calgary does that deal. It probably isn't worth discussing landing Cory Perry.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Goaltending prospects are difficult to predict. Svedberg's been solid. The only keeper I wouldn't consider moving if I were any GM is someone in the avenue of Jack Campbell. A legit candidate for the future starting position. Subban, though a first rounder, is still a prospect that is a couple years out. There is no guarantee of his production. Then your decision is much more complicated.

I'm a guy who constantly monitors our prospects and always am more excited about the future than everyone else. A resigned Iggys worth it and considering right now we have two solid keepers up here and another down in Providence it means someone's expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->