Would You Trade Malcom Subban For Ignila or Perry Type Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afam*

No. I would admit he is one of my three favorite Bruins so i',m a little bit biased, but Jarome is just not the Ignila of old. If it was for Crosby yes but anything short of a star player, i would hold on too Subban.

I have faith in this kid and Tuukka is not a sure thing btw. The Fleger and Mazz guys can talk all they want about trading him, but i hope we keep him. One interestiing thing they said was that Teams have been calling about subban. He is the most talked about prospect in our system that teams want.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
No. Haha I just posted something about not trading Subban in the rumors thread.

There is no one that has been mentioned as being available that I would move Subban for.

Theodoriph

Jul 16, 2009
Rask isn't a sure thing...but Subban apparently is. Huh...learn something new everyday.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Looked at the players listed in title, knew it had to be an Afam thread. :laugh:

Afam*

If Rask isn't a sure thing then I don't want to know what you consider Subban. :laugh:

Ha Ha. A Superstar. Kidding a side, Tuukka is bringing too worry me a bit. He gives up soft goals either top shelve, 5 hole. He just seems to give up a key goal when you need him the most to stop the puck. I don't want to turn this into a Rask- Subban debate, but they is no way im giving Tuukka anything more than a 5 mil contract. If he leads us to a stanley cup or to the ECF then yes he deserves a big pay day but until the no.

Furthermore, WTH are wiggy and co saying we deep in the goalie department. No we don't. After Dobby, we are very thin. Svedberg, Hutchinson etc haven't proven nothing yet.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Yes, in a heartbeat !!!

When your this close to winning another Cup its a no brainer, I for one don't want to wait another 39 yrs and Iginla is far from washed up! Also I can see PC trying to workout a contarct extension with him as well.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
I have no idea what kind of potential subban has. I don't think many people do IMO. I think the better question would be if we were willing to trade a first round draft pick for him? After all, thats what subban is. I still don't know the answer. :D

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1. Iginla/Perry are not similar players at this point.

2. What gives you faith in Malcolm Subban?

3. Goalies generally carry little trade value compared to positional players.

4. There is little hope for humanity.

Afam*

Rask isn't a sure thing...but Subban apparently is. Huh...learn something new everyday.

I never mentioned Subban as a sure thing. No way in my post did i mention that. Please let's not turn this into a rask subban debate. i simply said i had faith in the kid. Is that a bad thing?

I am a Tuuka fan. Heck i wanted Tim thomas traded so Tuukka can have his chance to shine, but Tuuka hasn't proven nothing too me besides the fact that he is a good to average goaltender. If Rask leads us far into the playoffs, then by all means let's trade subban

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Ha Ha. A Superstar. Kidding a side, Tuukka is bringing too worry me a bit. He gives up soft goals either top shelve, 5 hole. He just seems to give up a key goal when you need him the most to stop the puck. I don't want to turn this into a Rask- Subban debate, but they is no way im giving Tuukka anything more than a 5 mil contract. If he leads us to a stanley cup or to the ECF then yes he deserves a big pay day but until the no.

Furthermore, WTH are wiggy and co saying we deep in the goalie department. No we don't. After Dobby, we are very thin. Svedberg, Hutchinson etc haven't proven nothing yet.

Did you watch the WJC by any chance?

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
No. I would admit he is one of my three favorite Bruins so i',m a little bit biased, but Jarome is just not the Ignila of old. If it was for Crosby yes but anything short of a star player, i would hold on too Subban.

I have faith in this kid and Tuukka is not a sure thing btw. The Fleger and Mazz guys can talk all they want about trading him, but i hope we keep him. One interestiing thing they said was that Teams have been calling about subban. He is the most talked about prospect in our system that teams want.
He's one of you're 3 favorite Bruins? What in the world

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Would I trade Malcolm for Corey Perry?

A goalie who didn't play very well at the World Juniors......for a 27-year old former MVP winner in the NHL who can potentially score 50 goals every year?

Let me think about that for a second...........

See ya, Malcolm. Every day and twice on Sunday.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Yes, I would.

Rask is one of my binkies, admittedly, and though he has taken some deserved criticism of late and still has a lot to prove, I still feel confident in his long-term success in this league.

The Subban pick was a luxury pick, in my opinion.

The Bruins stood their ground and picked their top player on the board regardless of need. It just so happens that the kid plays a position where the Bruins have some organizational depth.

Subban is at least three years away from even breaking into the NHL, and how long after that before he establishes himself as a #1 guy? It's tough to project what a goaltender will be at the NHL level, even a kid as talented as Subban is. There are just no sure things.

You already have a guy in Rask that has a pretty good track record as a pro to this point, and by the way, he is still developing as well. I do think the Bs are going to lock up Rask long term at some point this season, so what are you holding on to Subban for?

The Bruins have a chance to win NOW. Subban may or may not pan out down the road, but when you have a chance to win a Cup, you have to make the deal, especially when the chip you are dealing is a position of organizational strength.

Afam*

Did you watch the WJC by any chance?

No, but i checked the thread here and i watched some few highlights. He performed badly. You guys are beginning to convince me that trading subban might be the right move. I said i was team's first guy so if i'm not willing to trade subban, i look like a hypocrite.

I'm okay with trading Subban now if it makes the Bruins better.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
No, but i checked the thread here and i watched some few highlights. He performed badly. You guys are beginning to convince me that trading subban might be the right move. I said i was team's first guy so if i'm not willing to trade subban, i look like a hypocrite.

I'm okay with trading Subban now if it makes the Bruins better.

That didn't take long. :laugh:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Would I trade Malcolm for Corey Perry?

A goalie who didn't play very well at the World Juniors......for a 27-year old former MVP winner in the NHL who can potentially score 50 goals every year?

Let me think about that for a second...........

See ya, Malcolm. Every day and twice on Sunday.

Ya, but would you have traded Blaine Lacher for Eric Lindros?

Afam*

He's one of you're 3 favorite Bruins? What in the world

Player's.

Seguin
Dougie
Subban.

Subban is not technically a Bruin yet, but the bruins still have his rights. Contract wise. I can still root for him and hope he joins the bruins in the future. They is nothing wrong with that.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I would have moved him for Perry, but then again I think Svedberg is showing he has star potential. Absolutely dominated the SEL last year and now doing the same thing in Providence with great performance on top of great performance. Svedberg has shown in big situations he ups his game. So far Subban has been the complete opposite.

nycbruins*

Do people aside from Craig Button really use WJC as a true measuring stick of anyone?

Dougie didn't play very well in the WJC either. And plenty of medicore players have made big names for themselves by playing a handful of good games in a junior tournament.

So I don't give a crap about WJC performance.

With that said, I would do the trade & hope it doesn't come back to bite in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad