Speculation: Would you trade Fowler for Nino Neiderreiter??

Corey Perry*

I've watched the last two games, and that's incorrect. Perry has played RW.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
10-11 when he went to Syracuse. RC wasn't fired until the following season.

I don't remember him being unhappy or anything. I remember it gave him a wake up call and so he went on to score like a point a game down there to then be called up like 7 games later.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I think it's interesting that so many people are willing to trade Vatanen+ for Nino, because LW is our biggest weakness. I may be higher than most on Sami, but it seems to me we're seriously lacking in the RHS defenseman department ourselves. I think a booming RH shot on the point during the PP is one of our biggest weaknesses, and I think BB and Murray agree.

As for Fowler for Nino, that's just a laughable exchange.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I think it's interesting that so many people are willing to trade Vatanen+ for Nino, because LW is our biggest weakness. I may be higher than most on Sami, but it seems to me we're seriously lacking in the RHS defenseman department ourselves. I think a booming RH shot on the point during the PP is one of our biggest weaknesses, and I think BB and Murray agree.

As for Fowler for Nino, that's just a laughable exchange.

I think most are realizing that the prospects/players that the Isles would be after in dealing Nino (with +'s going either way) would be Palms, Holland, Rakell, Lindholm, and Vatanen. Out of that group, I would be least opposed to trade Vatanen.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I think most are realizing that the prospects/players that the Isles would be after in dealing Nino would be Palms, Holland, Lindholm, and Vatanen. Out of that group, I would be least opposed to trade Vatanen.

Agreed, though I'd trade Rakell before Vatanen. However, I just don't think I could trade Vatanen for Nino, I feel Vatanen's presence on the PP will be more important than what Nino would bring.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't remember him being unhappy or anything. I remember it gave him a wake up call and so he went on to score like a point a game down there to then be called up like 7 games later.

I agree and that was my point. The agent (in that article) tried to say Luca's situation then was the same as Nino's now but that he knew RC was getting fired and just had to "wait him out". My point being that the agent's story is complete BS. RC didn't get fired until over a year later and well after Luca was back up for good.

What may be true is that it could be an admission that Luca (and possibly other players) were not happy with RC in general. But it's pure BS for the agent to say Luca was upset at being sent down but he knew RC would get fired so he waited him out.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
I hope I don't regret asking this but...if Perry makes it obvious he won't sign here would you trade him for Nino + a 1st?

I'd expect the Islanders to have a top 5 pick so I would certainly entertain the trade offer. However, I can't see Perry accepting a contract there if he won't here. Which in turn would be a bad trade for Long Island.

But if for some reason Perry would play there I would probably make that trade. A top prospect along with a very high draft pick in a very good draft.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hope I don't regret asking this but...if Perry makes it obvious he won't sign here would you trade him for Nino + a 1st?

I wouldnt hang up... not sure islanders go for it tho, unless perry has a secret love for new york and basement dwelling teams.

Ducksgo*

I'd expect the Islanders to have a top 5 pick so I would certainly entertain the trade offer. However, I can't see Perry accepting a contract there if he won't here. Which in turn would be a bad trade for Long Island.

But if for some reason Perry would play there I would probably make that trade. A top prospect along with a very high draft pick in a very good draft.

Lol if they did that deal we would there first and second. Great draft year and not have a selection until the 3rd? Ouch that would suck

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Well, I'm just thinking out loud, if Wang finally agrees to spend money with his new arena maybe Perry is the guy he makes a stupid offer for. If Perry wants more money than we can afford I think the Isles are much less of a fishbowl/spotlight than the Rangers, Leafs, or Habs.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well, I'm just thinking out loud, if Wang finally agrees to spend money with his new arena maybe Perry is the guy he makes a stupid offer for. If Perry wants more money than we can afford I think the Isles are much less of a fishbowl/spotlight than the Rangers, Leafs, or Habs.

Perry + tavares is definitely something you could build a team around, good young forward group with grabner, strome, bailey, okoposo. They would prob be a top 2 dmen away from being a contender in the east(they have some nice young dmen, prospects). Id prob watch em.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I wouldnt hang up... not sure islanders go for it tho, unless perry has a secret love for new york and basement dwelling teams.

Islanders' media market seems perfect for Perry as the Isles will almost always play second fiddle to the Rags. Isles also have a young and underrated D-core, as well as an already young superstar in Tavares. If Perry were guaranteed to reup with the Isles, I can see this trade being good for both teams, of course pending Perry is guaranteed not to reup here.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Islanders' media market seems perfect for Perry as the Isles will almost always play second fiddle to the Rags. Isles also have a young and underrated D-core, as well as an already young superstar in Tavares. If Perry were guaranteed to reup with the Isles, I can see this trade being good for both teams, of course pending Perry is guaranteed not to reup here.

Top 5 pick in this draft would likely guarantee us a legit 2c, mohonan barkov and lindholm... not to shabby.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I heard someone was saying Perry has been playing LW when Palms is on the line in the last two games. Not sure, does anyone know for sure one way or the other?

Palmieri has been playing LW - Perry played LW when Lupul was on that line and the one game last season that Palmieri played with them. Which is surprising considering Norfolk used him exclusively at RW. He's looked good there so far though.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Palmieri has been playing LW - Perry played LW when Lupul was on that line and the one game last season that Palmieri played with them. Which is surprising considering Norfolk used him exclusively at RW. He's looked good there so far though.

Palmieri may start on the LW at faceoffs, but more often than not, it seems like he's down the right side of the ice. But, whatever works... works. So I'm not complaining. :laugh:

Corey Perry*

Palmieri may start on the LW at faceoffs, but more often than not, it seems like he's down the right side of the ice. But, whatever works... works. So I'm not complaining. :laugh:

Well, it's not like Getzlaf's always in the slot, either.

Corey Perry*

That question's moot, because New York would never shell out the money to retain Perry.

Corey Perry*

Did you see my next post? There has been talk Wang might start spending when he moves to Brooklyn. This would only be one year early.

No, I did not, but I have now. Even if there's talk of Wang spending, I'm still not sure if it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad