Speculation: Would you trade Fowler for Nino Neiderreiter??

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id love to add him to our team, we lack Left wings on our team and prospect pool.

But ya not for fowler or lindholm, wouldnt even consider. Vatanan could be a potential starting point add where needed.

The fact that we didnt have a name plate for fowler at the draft showed how high our team was on him... id consider him untouchable specially with scotty neids here to help coach him.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
As I stated I would certainly trade Vatanen + pick/roster player(Beleskey of possibly Cogliano). Would also entertain trading DSP for him as well.

LW is a need on this team.

Also reading Detroit fans complaining of the lack of RH defenseman on their rosters. I would also be willing to package Vatanen in a trade for Nyquist. =)

Admiral Al

Jun 14, 2005
Since some posters are convinced Sami is going to be in the line up as sooon as he gets better, Then they might as well trade Fowler and a couple of other defensemen for Nino, Sami will carry the team on his back

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Since some posters are convinced Sami is going to be in the line up as sooon as he gets better, Then they might as well trade Fowler and a couple of other defensemen for Nino, Sami will carry the team on his back
Just the 1 poster

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
**** no. Our best defenseman (on a D corps that's not exactly filled with guys with offensive upside), for a winger (Our strongest position), who only had 1 goal in 55 games (granted, on the 4th line, but if you're supposedly good enough to warrant a top 4 defenseman with #1 upside, you should at least be able to get 1 assist), and has an attitude problem (anybody who asks for a trade isn't exactly "team first").

Get outta here!

ESPECIALLY the last line!!!
As fans we want our players to want to play for us, to be part of a team, to struggle, and win together.
An unproven quantity asking for a trade has a demoralizing effect in the locker room. The kid is poison now. If they trade him, he has a huge target whenever you guys play him, and If they don't trade him...Jesus...imagine the atmoshpere.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Im the guy who stirred this debate but please read what i wrote before passing judgement and I never said that Fowler right now would or should be traded for Nino. All i basically said it was way to early to tell. Again this is my opinion and i brought up some facts to show my theory as well. Good luck guys/gals with your team and Cam and i mean that sincerely.

1st off whats this love affair with Can Fowler??? He fell to 12th so in hindsight 6 other teams had a chance to grab him and let him go. Here are the players picked before him and by position.
6.RW Brett Connolly Tampa
7.C Jeff SKinner Carolina
8.C Alexander Burmistrov Atlanta
9.W Mikael Granlund Minnesota (love this kid, just getting his shot this year)
10.D Dylan McIlrath Rangers
11.G Jack Campbell Dallas
If anyone should be kicking themselves its the Rags!!

Fowler had a great rookie season playing with great talent around him and i know he is still very young with lots of upside so we shall see in years to come what kind of player he really is.These are his stats in his 1st 2 years and notably again he was/is playing with lots more talent then he would have here, see Getzlaf,Ryan,Perry,Selanne and Visnovsky that 1st season.

10/11 76 10 30 40 -25
11/12 82 5 24 29 -28

Obviously very good/great stats 1st year maybe a sophmore slump in the 2nd but his +/- is horrifying so people acting like he the next coming of Lidstrom or Pronger i dont see that happening but we shall see.

Edit: just found this article http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...worst_adjusted
"Cam Fowler is no stranger to posting poor puck possession stats. Last season he posted the worst adjusted Corsi rating in the league. These numbers show that Fowler has had problems adjusting to NHL play. Fowler is a future NHL star who has been playing a big role in the NHL as a teenager. In fact when I wrote about the lack of established elite defencemen today commenter CMo44 listed Fowler as an elite defenceman who is well on his way."

"He has clearly been given a big role on the Anaheim Ducks. Many interpret this as a sign he is a star. What people don’t notice is that he is struggling defensively. When Fowler is on the ice, the other team has the puck and they score more goals than his team does. Fowler struggles at even strength. He isn’t ready to play the role that he has been given. Perhaps he never will be ready."

"Cam Fowler is a young defenceman. His story as a top draft pick who has immediately jumped into a big role in the NHL makes many think he is already an NHL star. He isn’t. He has been a liability to his team. He does have a lot of potential and might improve as he grows into his NHL career. However right now he is not a star defenceman despite what many want to believe."

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Honestly after reading that would any of you here claim that i bashed Cam at all? let alone sparked a debate on whether he should be traded for Nino??

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
As I stated I would certainly trade Vatanen + pick/roster player(Beleskey of possibly Cogliano). Would also entertain trading DSP for him as well.

LW is a need on this team.

Also reading Detroit fans complaining of the lack of RH defenseman on their rosters. I would also be willing to package Vatanen in a trade for Nyquist. =)
Palmieri
Ryan
Winnik
Beleskey
-----
Etem
Kerdiles
Maroon

Doesn't look like a need. Our prospect pool could use a little added depth there, but it isn't an emergency that needs to be addressed right now. Palmieri fixed our need there.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Please don't come here to speak down on our players and stir the pot. The consensus opinion of all fans alike would not trade Fowler for Nino. Good bye.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
When you come onto a Ducks message board and right a post about whether we should trade our best defenseman (who happens to be very young) for a winger who scored one goal in 55 games last year...you're going to get some "wtf?" or some "Lolz" from us.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Palmieri
Ryan
Winnik
Beleskey
-----
Etem
Kerdiles
Maroon

Doesn't look like a need. Our prospect pool could use a little added depth there, but it isn't an emergency that needs to be addressed right now. Palmieri fixed our need there.

Palmieri and Etem aren't LW's. They're being used there out of need.

LW is by far the biggest need for this organization.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Palmieri
Ryan
Winnik
Beleskey
-----
Etem
Kerdiles
Maroon

Problem here...

Palmieri, Etem and Ryan all natural RW players. Kerdilles a natural C but seems to be okay at the wing.

I think it's safe to say Ryan has adjusted just fine and we should basically call him a LW player at this point.

However relying on guys like Winnik, Beleskey and Maroon as your LW's is quite honestly asking for trouble.

It's not an easy transition for everyone as you seem to think. We can definitely use some high end talent that is a natural LW. Palmieri hasn't shown he can produce at the LW position yet. I don't see how you can just say he fixed our need there.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Palmieri and Etem aren't LW's. They're being used there out of need.

LW is by far the biggest need for this organization.
They aren't natural LWs, but as Bobby shows, that doesn't matter. It's not like Palmieri is struggling there.

Though I like how you're suddenly a stickler for this after suggesting that we play Holland at RW.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Nino has 1 point in 55 NHL games. He sucks!!!!! Draft position far too high!!!

Am I doing this right?

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
"Cam Fowler is a young defenceman. His story as a top draft pick who has immediately jumped into a big role in the NHL makes many think he is already an NHL star. He isn’t. He has been a liability to his team. He does have a lot of potential and might improve as he grows into his NHL career. However right now he is not a star defenceman despite what many want to believe."

Yawn. Bad.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Problem here...

Palmieri, Etem and Ryan all natural RW players. Kerdilles a natural C but seems to be okay at the wing.

I think it's safe to say Ryan has adjusted just fine and we should basically call him a LW player at this point.

However relying on guys like Winnik, Beleskey and Maroon as your LW's is quite honestly asking for trouble.

It's not an easy transition for everyone as you seem to think. We can definitely use some high end talent that is a natural LW.
Kerdiles isn't a natural C. He spent plenty of time at LW prior to his time with Wisconsin.

Why don't we wait for Palmieri to actually struggle before we label his position swap as a problem.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Please don't come here to speak down on our players and stir the pot. The consensus opinion of all fans alike would not trade Fowler for Nino. Good bye.

"Im the guy who stirred this debate but please read what i wrote before passing judgement and I never said that Fowler right now would or should be traded for Nino. All i basically said it was way to early to tell. Again this is my opinion and i brought up some facts to show my theory as well. Good luck guys/gals with your team and Cam and i mean that sincerely."

I never spoke down on your players i was just showing what i wrote and had nothing to hide. Thank you for your understanding and good luck!
Buh Bye

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Kerdiles isn't a natural C. He spent plenty of time at LW prior to his time with Wisconsin.

Why don't we wait for Palmieri to actually struggle before we label his position swap as a problem.

On paper LW is clearly a glaring need. We can't just assume every player can play any position. Why don't we fill an organizational need before we just label every RW a LW?

Palmieri may be just fine on the left side but it isn't as simple as just playing every player out of position. There is a reason players play the positions they play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad