Proposal: Would you trade for McDavid?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Fun fact. In 2019 they interviewed Zito extensively.

Then hired Holland with no interview

lol, good thing for us. that team has the worst ownership/management combo, and that's saying a lot coming from a panther fan...

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I’d love McDavid, who wouldn’t? But Edmonton is proof that there’s more to winning than a few good players. It’s gotta be a mix of the right players and a good culture of hard work and the expectation of winning, which guys like Hornqvist and Gudas have helped establish.

Agree, but also keep in mind that special alchemical mix changes every season. What works one season may not work the next, players age out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Horny bought out next season and Gudas is only here for maybe one more season. Things change.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
lol, good thing for us. that team has the worst ownership/management combo, and that's saying a lot coming from a panther fan...

FJOvAxfUYAE2tX5

talk about an epic flash point eh? Imagine McDavid with Verhaeghe and Duclair :laugh:

Reactions: pantherbot

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Agree, but also keep in mind that special alchemical mix changes every season. What works one season may not work the next, players age out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Horny bought out next season and Gudas is only here for maybe one more season. Things change.

I don't think that Hörnqvist will be bought out. I think it would make sense for a losing team to trade for him. He'd be a very valuable player for Seattle, Flyers, Buffalo etc.

Florida Panthers is a team. McDavid isn't a team player. I don't care how many points he scores, I don't want him in a team that I support

sakux

Feb 5, 2013
You guys are nuts. As great as Barkov is, McDavid is another level.

Barkov = franchise player
McDavid = generational player

Sure, skill wise as individuals. But I'm certain that Barkov is far superior in making his teammates better. And since hockey is a team sport that's more valuable than what McDavid brings to the table.

I'm aware this sounds like shitting on McDavid but that's not what I'm trying to do. He's a unique player with skills like no other in some areas of the game. But I can't see him being the guy that sacrifices his own agenda for the team. I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
How about this trade?

Draisaitl, Kassian, Puljujärvi, Keith and Koskinen

for

Reinhart, Bennett, Vatrano, Samoskevich, Nause (d) and Bobrovsky?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
How about this trade?

for

No. Can't mess with the magic right now.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
How about this trade?

for

I'd trade Benny and Reino for Drai but there's just too much gunk coming along with him.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I'd trade Benny and Reino for Drai but there's just too much gunk coming along with him.

Gunk with a short life span. That can fill important roles in a playoff. And you get rid of Bobrovsky. How else are you gonna sort out the cap issue?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Gunk with a short life span. That can fill important roles in a playoff. And you get rid of Bobrovsky. How else are you gonna sort out the cap issue?

So unnecessary gunk for no reason at all. Benny + Rein for Drai and leave the rest where they are.
What cap issue?

Reactions: Gentle Man

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
So unnecessary gunk for no reason at all. Benny + Rein for Drai and leave the rest where they are.
What cap issue?

You don't get Drei for that.

Barkov, Verhaeghe, Luostarinen and Yandle (+-) rises! =11 million +

Nutty gone and cap rise offset a part, though.

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Good thing none of this fantasy shit is ever gonna happen. Barky is basically a Panther lifer, for better or worse.

A panther is a sort of bush cat, right? Never backs away from a meal!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We score enough goals as it is already, why downgrade from a perennial Selke candidate to a notorious cherry picker (yes, I'm well aware that McDavid scores in other ways, but that's the impression he always leaves me with, flying the zone the first chance he gets)?

Makes no sense. I wouldn't do the trade even if it was 1 for 1.
You wouldn't do McDavid for Barkov straight up? Do you have any idea how ridiculous and stupid that sounds?

Me neither!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad