Would you take Hamilton over Strome?

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Given what we had back the. Hamilton... Given what we have in the pipelines for D now, Strome is now the right choice... If that makes any sense

I see what you are getting at, but in the same respect, if NYI had taken Hamilton instead, they could have drafted Forsberg or Girgorenko. Hindsight is a beautiful thing because we all know we could use someone like Dougie on our blue line at this point in time while Grigorenko could be our top end Center prospect.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
I dont think the islanders like taking a forward thats not from the chl in the first, which is why they went defense last year. Also, Grigs was too much of a risk as a Russian player for them in the first round.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I dont think the islanders like taking a forward thats not from the chl in the first, which is why they went defense last year. Also, Grigs was too much of a risk as a Russian player for them in the first round.

Well, they did take Nino the year before that draft.

Oleg4Prez

Jan 24, 2013
Philadelphia
Lets see Strome first.. If he becomes the 2nd line center we think he can be, than the Isles can be successful for a very long time.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
The only draft pick I seriously had a problem with was Calvin de Haan, and I'm not saying that in hindsight. If you're going to trade up that much and throw in as many pieces as Snow did, go for Kulikov. Otherwise, Snow has done fine with his draft picks. Developing them is another story.

Strome will wind up being the player we all hope for him to be, especially with the support system he'll have.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I wanted Hamilton the day of the draft. But for weeks leading up to the draft I was flipping back & forth between Strome & Hamilton. If the draft happened one day earlier or later, I may have been leaning towards Strome that day.

Because we now have Reinhart, and Donovan is progressing nicely, plus Mayfield, Pelech, Kitchton Pedan and a few other interesting D prospects, I'm ok with not having Hamilton.

It would be great to have a Dman like him right now, but Strome has a chance to be a great player too. So I'm happy with Strome.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
On draft day I remember that RNH and Lando were pretty much locks to go 1-2...

I wanted-

Larsson
Courturier

I cant remember if I wanted Strome over Hamilton or vice versa, but it was them 2 and then Huberdeau

ds4130

Jun 6, 2011
Mandalay, Myanmar
Back during the 2011 draft I was a little puzzled why we didn't take Hamilton because we had more of a need for defense than offense but I understand why we took Strome. He could be the perfect piece for Tavares. Still think we should have taken Hamilton because he would fill more of a need right now but after this last season and WJC I think Strome could make more of an impact, especially playing with Tavares.

YashinWorksHard

Jun 14, 2012

I wanted-

Larsson
Courturier

I cant remember if I wanted Strome over Hamilton or vice versa, but it was them 2 and then Huberdeau

The favourite to go at #2 was Larsson, not Landeskog. In fact, many people thought days before the draft that Landeskog could fall to our fifth pick.

The comparison here should be Couturier or Zibanejad, guys who play in the same position. And yes, i take Couturier over Ryan all day. Anyway, i think that draft was weak, so Strome was a nice addition.

If the Devils had not won the lottery, Adam Larsson would be an Islander.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
The favourite to go at #2 was Larsson, not Landeskog. In fact, many people thought days before the draft that Landeskog could fall to our fifth pick.

The comparison here should be Couturier or Zibanejad, guys who play in the same position. And yes, i take Couturier over Ryan all day. Anyway, i think that draft was weak, so Strome was a nice addition.

If the Devils had not won the lottery, Adam Larsson would be an Islander.

Everyone knew Couturier was more mature and NHL ready at the time. Strome has a much higher ceiling. I think Couturier is one of the most overrated players.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

I wanted-

Larsson
Courturier

Larsson 100% yes. Couturier... Strome may wind up on his level. Hard to say yet, though they bring different games to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad