Would you still support this team if it was relocated?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I have to say I would probably follow them for a while, but if I was where there was another local team or a place I had a connection with I would probably transfer allegiances.

For instance when Seattle/Portland (lived in the PNW for a period of my life and it is my favorite area of the country) or Las Vegas (lots of my family lives there and I visit a good amount) got a team, they would immediately become my #2 team. Then if the Avs moved to say Kansas City, I would probably cheer for the team I have more connection to.

fixed ;).

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Video games

Yup, same here. Mine was NHL 97 on the SNES (wow) and I remember Avs being one of the best teams, I also really liked their logo so I always picked them when I played. Then I started watching them play hockey on TV frequently, and soon enough, I became a fan.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I think if the Avs were to relocate, I would no longer be cheering for them as my "hometown" team (grew up in CO, no longer live there). As a result, I think that I would slowly lose interest in the new entity they became. I would then solely follow hockey in the capacity that I follow the other 29 teams: by wanting to watch certain player(s). I am a big fan of the way Duchene plays, and think Mac will be fun to watch, so I believe I would watch and support the team for that reason, but not as a major fan of the team itself.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
How exactly do all yall Canadien/European Avs fanboys come to be fans? Not the one's that continued with the team from Quebec, but those of you from all the other places you are from?
I can understand how a lot of people could jump on the bandwagon in the Sakic/Forsberg days, but those are quite long gone. For the 5 years before 13-14 how could any non-Coloradoans spontaneously become Avs fans?

I've been a fan since I was a kid. Those Sakic/Forsberg days might be the reason, I don't remember clearly. I watched all teams whenever I could and played the video games. Staying up really late to watch NHL was cool when I was only 7-8 years old. It became a habit and Avs became the team to watch.

Draisaitl

Dude, where's Makar?
Oct 18, 2013
Berlin
giphy.com
Yup, same here. Mine was NHL 97 on the SNES (wow) and I remember Avs being one of the best teams, I also really liked their logo so I always picked them when I played. Then I started watching them play hockey on TV frequently, and soon enough, I became a fan.

haha, NHL97 is the reason I'm an Avs fan too. I remember playing the demo on SEGA Saturn all the time..there was 2 teams to pick: the red wings and the avalanche. My bro always picked detroit, so I had to pick the only team that was left. And I really think it was all because of the logo and the way the american commentator pronounced Forsberg, which sounded so cool to a German kid 8, maybe 9 years of age:laugh:
and then one thing led to the other, and so many nights(and especially the days after) wasted on watching late night nhl games. my sleeping rythm couldnt have been worse over all these years, still ver ythankful for all the excitement and desperation I've gotten from the Avalanche :handclap:

I've been a fan since I was a kid. Those Sakic/Forsberg days might be the reason, I don't remember clearly. I watched all teams whenever I could and played the video games. Staying up really late to watch NHL was cool when I was only 7-8 years old. It became a habit and Avs became the team to watch.

I know exactly what you feel like, just that its even one hour later in your timezone :laugh:

And well yeah, I dunno if I'd still be a fan if they moved away, probably not, or maybe? perhaps!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Its cool to me to see a lot of non-locals consider Colorado part of the Avs identity.

And who am I kidding, I'm sure I'd root for the current players somewhere else. The next era though I don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad