Would you rather have Noah Dobson or Brady Tkachuk?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
OP seems to forget we might not have been so attractive to Debrincat and Giroux without Brady as our captain. They both mentioned hearing great things about team chemistry and that is obviously due in large part to #7. I have yet to hear about Dobson being a natural leader

Reactions: Alex1234

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Tkachuk easily. Do you want Dobson leading you into round 1 of the playoffs vs the Leafs or Chucky who can't wait to tear marner's heart out and eat it whilst he watches?
I duno, I picture Tkachuk more like this as he goes after Mitch, rather than some Indiana Jones Temple of Doom stuff:

giphy.gif

Matthew Tkachuk can be O'bannion.

And yes, the answer is Brady.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Brady vs Karlsson for most important to the franchise to date could be a very interesting poll. They are definitely 2 and 3.

Bruh what.

Brady arguably isn't even more important than Chabot, Stutzle and Sanderson on the current roster. Like at their peak Brady will be a distant 4th in performance hopefully.

Let alone the best player in franchise history. Who gave us a decade of carrying bad teams. I mean what has Brady actually done that he's the top 3 most important player in senators history? His one 1st line caliber season in high scoring season? The no playoff appearance?

Maybe he'll be better than Dustin Brown but he's a long ways from being an Iginla/Alfredsson caliber, top 3 most important franchise player.

Reactions: Cosmix and bicboi64

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Sanderson hasn’t even played a game yet.

Honestly you should be given a timeout on the boards because of your trolling dude

Having different opinions on players is trolling? Cmon lol, it's literally a hockey discussion board.

And it isn't hard to see that Sanderson is more talented, more athletic and has higher iq and will most likely be a better player even if he hasn't played an NHL game yet.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Sanderson hasn’t even played a game yet.

Honestly you should be given a timeout on the boards because of your trolling dude

And, Tkachuk hasn't even played a single playoff games, or won a Norris, Calder etc. What makes him more important or even comparable to Alfredsson and Karlsson lol?

Maybe take your own advise and give yourself a timeout because of trolling

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And, Tkachuk hasn't even played a single playoff games, or won a Norris, Calder etc. What makes him more important or even comparable to Alfredsson and Karlsson lol?

Maybe take your own advise and give yourself a timeout because of trolling
Odd standard for a LW...

Reactions: DJB

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Odd standard for a LW...

point is winning an individual award to be acknowledge as the best or one of the best players in the league

Wasn't hard to figure that out? Just needed some common sense

I mentioned Norris and Calder because of Karlsson and Alfredsson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
point is winning an individual award to be acknowledge as the best or one of the best players in the league

Wasn't hard to figure that out? Just needed some common sense

I mentioned Norris and Calder because of Karlsson and Alfredsson
I know, I was just poking fun.

I don't think most important and best player are the same though, I don't think he'll ever be as good of a player as those guys, but he might have a similar impact on the teams future, there's more to importance to the team than just the on ice aspect. And hey, maybe if Tkachuk started his NHL career at 23 like Alfredsson did, he'd have a calder to his name as well.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I know, I was just poking fun.

I don't think most important and best player are the same though, I don't think he'll ever be as good of a player as those guys, but he might have a similar impact on the teams future, there's more to importance to the team than just the on ice aspect. And hey, maybe if Tkachuk started his NHL career at 23 like Alfredsson did, he'd have a calder to his name as well.

The only knock on Brady is his offensive skillset and which is a fair criticism. Not saying he can't play on the 1st line but it is quite apparent he does lacks high end offensive talent which just isn't in his game.

Your last point has a big if and it could be said about many players then. Regardless, Alfredsson still remains a far superior offensive on ice player, than Brady. Alfredsson could make players lesser than him better, which Brady can't

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The only knock on Brady is his offensive skillset and which is a fair criticism. Not saying he can't play on the 1st line but it is quite apparent he does lacks high end offensive talent which just isn't in his game.

Your last point has a big if and it could be said about many players then. Regardless, Alfredsson still remains a far superior offensive on ice player, than Brady. Alfredsson could make players lesser than him better, which Brady can't
I mean, he's not even 23 yet. He'd certainly have been a finalist had he been eligible this year, hard to say if he'd get the votes over Seider who was very good himself, but 30 goals, 67 pts, 270 hits, and over 100 PIM is a rare combination of stats, and he missed training camp which usually results in a slow start.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Bruh what.

Brady arguably isn't even more important than Chabot, Stutzle and Sanderson on the current roster. Like at their peak Brady will be a distant 4th in performance hopefully.

Let alone the best player in franchise history. Who gave us a decade of carrying bad teams. I mean what has Brady actually done that he's the top 3 most important player in senators history? His one 1st line caliber season in high scoring season? The no playoff appearance?

Maybe he'll be better than Dustin Brown but he's a long ways from being an Iginla/Alfredsson caliber, top 3 most important franchise player.
Brady is the identity of this team now. He is the reason we signed Giroux. He makes Ottawa a place where people want to play.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Brady is the identity of this team now. He is the reason we signed Giroux. He makes Ottawa a place where people want to play.
He’s a guy that the other teams colour guys talk about all game, every game.

It’s uncanny how popular and respected as a player he is around the league for broadcasters, at 22.

And now we have a bunch of US stars to get the US media watching us whenever we come town.

Love this team, love this incarnation. And now we have the old stars coming back into the fold as well…. This is Sens hockey bliss….

Reactions: DylanSensFan

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Bruh what.

Brady Tkachuk at 22 years old:
NHL 79 GP 30 G 37 A 67 PTS 117 PIM

Jerome Iginla at 22 years old:
NHL 77 GP 29 G 34 A 63 PTS 26 PIM

Daniel Alfredsson at 22 years old:
SEL 22 GP 7 G 11 A 18 PTS 22 PIM

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Who cares about points. Alfie’s team made the playoffs for 11 straight years and only missed the playoffs 3 times in years 17 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad