Would YOU move Landeskog for Carlo?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
No. And Marchand is better than Landy

Is that so? I'd challenge that to be honest man.

Marchand: 0.65 points per game since being in the NHL
Landeskog: 0.67 points per game since bing in the NHL
(Landy wins)

Marchand Cap hit 17: 6.125M per
Landeskog Cap hit 17: 5.571M per
(Landy wins)

Career FO percentage Marchand: 37.2%
Career FO percentage Landeskog: 43.4%
(Landy wins)

Powerplay Points per game career Marchand: 0.070 per game
Powerplay Points per game career Landeskog: 0.148 per game
(Landy wins)

Powerplay Goals per game career Marchand: 0.046 per game
Powerplay Goals per game career Landeskog: 0.064 per game
(Landy wins)

Penalties conceded per game Marchand: 0.955
Penalties conceded per game Landeskog: 0.836
(Landy wins)

Shots per game average stat Marchand: 2.299
Shots per game average stat Landeskog: 2.706
(Landy wins)

Hits per game average stat Marchand: Marchand is embarrassed
Hits per game average stat Landeskog: Yes, well.
(Landy wins)

Captain & of their team (additional responsability) March: No
Captain & of their team (additional responsability) Landy: Yes

Mate, I'm scratching at ways to show (statistically) that Marchand is better in any way, because I don't want to look completely bias, so here are some counter points (I guess):

Average time on Ice Marchand: 19.07 per game
Average time on Ice Landeskog: 18.47 per game
(Marchand wins) - but given above stats, who is more effective with their time? Hmmmm

Career Shot percentage Marchand: 14.7%
Career Shot percentage Landeskog: 10.3%
(Marchand wins)

Game Winning goal Average per game Marchand: 0.060 per game
Game Winning goal Average per game Landeskog: 0.041 per game

Don't get me wrong, Marchand is a great player, and I'm not trying to belittle the player he is. But consider this:
Marchand has been playing with a playoff challenging & quality roster, and has achieved great results, don't get me wrong.

Landeskog has played with a perpetually building or rebuilding roster struggling down the bottom of the standings, with often quite a poor roster around him, yet statistically is better in almost every facet.

Claiming, "Marchand is better than Landy", is pretty out there. Given Marchand is then 1/2 a decade older than Landy already, I'd actually have him in our team over Marchand any day of the week.

And that is who your telling us you want for Mr 44 games, offensively terrible Carlo, who is showing absolutely great promise for a D-man at that young age.Heck, and people on this board know I'm Landy's hardest critic at times, and cop hell for it.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Marchand is a total ass as well. Landeskog is pushing the envelope with some dirty plays but Marchand is the king of idiots now that Avery is out.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
IMO Marchand is fantastic and as of today is a better player than Landy. He's much less of a rat than he used to be. He went from a guy I considered a 3rd line agitator to a legit top line sniper who's also really good defensively.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
IMO Marchand is fantastic and as of today is a better player than Landy. He's much less of a rat than he used to be. He went from a guy I considered a 3rd line agitator to a legit top line sniper who's also really good defensively.

I think he's just as much of a rat as he used to be. Only difference is now he scores goals.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think he's just as much of a rat as he used to be. Only difference is now he scores goals.

Eh I dunno man. What's the last really bad thing that he's done? I can't think of any questionable hits or Sedin punching or bottle throwing that has happened in the last few years. He does seem to do the low bridge hit from time to time... But that's all I can think of.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Eh I dunno man. What's the last really bad thing that he's done? I can't think of any questionable hits or Sedin punching or bottle throwing that has happened in the last few years. He does seem to do the low bridge hit from time to time... But that's all I can think of.

The low bridging was just dirty, but he still does all the same antics he has in the past. He's a rat/pest. Nothing wrong with that if you know how to stay right on the line and not cross it with referees, I just personally don't like it

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The low bridging was just dirty, but he still does all the same antics he has in the past. He's a rat/pest. Nothing wrong with that if you know how to stay right on the line and not cross it with referees, I just personally don't like it

Yeah he's a pest, but he's not Matt Cooke'ing it out there like he used to. I'd take him on our team for sure.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

Mate, I'm scratching at ways to show (statistically) that Marchand is better in any way, because I don't want to look completely bias, so here are some counter points (I guess):

(Marchand wins) - but given above stats, who is more effective with their time? Hmmmm

(Marchand wins)

Don't get me wrong, Marchand is a great player, and I'm not trying to belittle the player he is. But consider this:
Marchand has been playing with a playoff challenging & quality roster, and has achieved great results, don't get me wrong.

Landeskog has played with a perpetually building or rebuilding roster struggling down the bottom of the standings, with often quite a poor roster around him, yet statistically is better in almost every facet.

Claiming, "Marchand is better than Landy", is pretty out there. Given Marchand is then 1/2 a decade older than Landy already, I'd actually have him in our team over Marchand any day of the week.

And that is who your telling us you want for Mr 44 games, offensively terrible Carlo, who is showing absolutely great promise for a D-man at that young age.Heck, and people on this board know I'm Landy's hardest critic at times, and cop hell for it.

If ppg are nearly identical but Landeskog is much more productive on the power play wouldn't it mean Marchand is much more productive at even strength?

The argument that Duchene is a really good centre is 5 on 5 production. But when it comes to Landeskog it's power play production that matters?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Landy wins)

(Marchand wins)

Marchand is a better player... Look at the last 2-3 seasons up to current..

What is Landy doing this season? Carlo has as many points

Marchand is going to the all star game. Landy is not

I still like to obtain Landy. I view him similar to players like lucic, dustin brown... Not a guy you can really build around but can elevate your team

We will give you Lauzon, Lindgren, Debrusk... Deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad