Speculation: Would you have given up a similar package for Eichel?

Would you have given up a similar package for Eichel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Nope, Eichels an injury prone whiner, he’s not a Top 5C in the league, he might some day put up Top 5 points but he’s just a more talented Drouin.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Easy to say now, but what if he had scored, say, 5 goals in the first ten games?

I'm also in favour of trading a similar package as Vegas. But Caufield's upside is much higher than anyone Vegas moved. Whether that's realized or not is a different matter.
CC is currently in a re-education camp so to speak…

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
CC is currently in a re-education camp so to speak…

…and? Everything he’s done at the NCAA, last season and playoffs is now history?

I can’t emphasize enough that 10 games ago there was universal consensus that he was untouchable. It shows what kind of a train wreck our team would be if they followed any advice given on this board.

Reactions: dcyhabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
…and? Everything he’s done at the NCAA, last season and playoffs is now history?

It can’t emphasize enough that 10 games ago there was universal consensus that he was untouchable. It shows what kind of a train wreck our team would be if they followed any advice given on this board.
Is this a trick question?

Reactions: Whalers Fan

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Because of his injury ( I think most people do not realize how serious it is ) and his attitude since he’s started his career, I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole.
And the longer his surgery is on hold, the more long term effect he’ll have to deal with in the not too far future
I also waited too long for a cervical disk fusion ….. which led to more herniated cervical disks because of ´compensation ´ which left me with permanent damage; and ended my career that was nothing physical like a pro athlete.
This kid looks like he’s not very we’ll counseled by his entourage.

Reactions: dcyhabs

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
It is interesting that other Western teams couldn't beat that offer. I think it provides some insight into how risky teams probably feel his injury history / the surgery is. Hard to know what player you are getting - PPG Eichel, slightly diminished Eichel, or chronic injury Eichel.

Reactions: rickthegoon

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
The assets arent the issue, more the timing. I dont think Vegas gave up that much really provided Eichel will be healthy.

Mtl needs to rebuild. The entire blueline needs an overhaul. The winger depth is their but all streaky, kind of one dimensional players

Mtl isnt 1 player away, they are about 6
Timing! That's right. Eichel was traded for the equivalent of himself x3 as a very good offensive 3C or maybe a 2c... eichel will never be the same... Ill eat crow if he is..

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
No, I would offer more than Vegas. Man, there are so many shit contracts to add in, Gallagher, Anderson, Savard, Edmundson, Dvorak.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I think we needed to offer Dvorak, Caufield, 1st and Romanov to beat that offer.
That's getting closer, but I still like the Vegas offer more. There's more top quality in the Vegas package. I think you'd have to add something else to that package, and maybe tailor it to the players they're high on.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Well, it's certainly less than what was rumoured, Eichel was going for.

Anderson, Caufield, First and conditional second would have been what I define a similar package. The answer is no. The Habs need to tear it down, not add more ridiculous contracts.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Instead of doing 1st + 2nd vs Dvorak… could have given 2x 1st + 2x 2nd +.. vs. Eichel.

What a wast of picks on Dvorak.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Instead of doing 1st + 2nd vs Dvorak… could have given 2x 1st + 2x 2nd +.. vs. Eichel.

What a wast of picks on Dvorak.
No we couldn't have. Krebs is a good player and so is Tuch. Although, that 1st+2nd could have definitely been better spent if Dvorak is going to keep not trying.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
No we couldn't have. Krebs is a good player and so is Tuch. Although, that 1st+2nd could have definitely been better spent if Dvorak is going to keep not trying.
Tuck is ok but the prize is Krebs. I would think a 1st and a 2nd is good value vs. Krebs. Only need to add a body to the 2x 1st + 2x 2nd to replace Tuch. Gallagher?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tuck is ok but the prize is Krebs. I would think a 1st and a 2nd is good value vs. Krebs. Only need to add a body to the 2x 1st + 2x 2nd to replace Tuch. Gallagher?
Krebs is a great prospect, he's near Caufield level. I wouldn't trade Caufield for a mystery 1st and 2nd.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He was top 10 (78pts in 68 gms) right before COVID hit in 2019-20, and somehow that's not enough? He was 4th in points for centres, behind McDavid, MacKinnon and Matthews
And how did his team do? I’ve watched him play quite a bit and you see him quit on lots of plays, maybe the losing atmosphere of Buffalo wore him down but seemed very much an individual self centered player who wasn’t committed to a 200 ft game

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Kind of concerning how quick people have downgraded Caufield.

I don't think it's so much downgrading Caufield. I think it's more looking at the chance to add someone of Eichel's caliber. I'd hate to lose Caufield, I'd probably put his jersey on and cry myself to sleep lol. The chance to get a player like Eichel, would have been worth the risk to me.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And how did his team do? I’ve watched him play quite a bit and you see him quit on lots of plays, maybe the losing atmosphere of Buffalo wore him down but seemed very much an individual self centered player who wasn’t committed to a 200 ft game
ROR turned into a completely different player when he left Buffalo. Hall bounced back too. The environment in Buffalo just sucked.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Most people on here don't seem to understand that putting racing tires on a shitty beat-up 1988 Corolla won't make it a race car.
Yet we see this all the time around town...and if they puncture the muffler it makes em sound powerful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad