HF Habs: Would You Extend Zegras an Offer Sheet?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Zegras is a high-end skill guy, he has holes in his game but he also has that magic we don’t have and haven’t seen in a long time.

Suzuki has smarts but he’s not a dangler. Dach is a quickly blossoming talent who can do it all if he puts it together. I don’t see why Zegras shouldn’t fit in with them.

If Zegras is traded he will continue to grow and have success and we will add yet another name of a necessary skill player who was available and who the Habs for whatever reason didn’t acquire.
Well it would cost an arm and a leg to get Zegras. What are you willing to give up?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Well it would cost an arm and a leg to get Zegras. What are you willing to give up?
Good question. I have no idea how Verbeek and the Ducks value him as a trade object or his salary expectations.

Let’s assume (roster player)+(futures) and 6m+

I’d offer Anderson + Harris + CGYs 1st + Farrell/Kidney for Zegras and give Zegras a 6m contract for as long as he wants. I have no clue if that’s in the ballpark or not so excuse me if I’m off

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good question. I have no idea how Verbeek and the Ducks value him as a trade object or his salary expectations.

Let’s assume (roster player)+(futures) and 6m+

I’d offer Anderson + Harris + CGYs 1st + Farrell/Kidney for Zegras and give Zegras a 6m contract for as long as he wants. I have no clue if that’s in the ballpark or not so excuse me if I’m off

I was just going to post, no way Anaheim accepts a Dvo + Anderson + Harris + FLA 1st + Mesar type of package that people thought would land Dubois.

We would at least have to give up a piece like Slaf, Mailloux, Guhle, Hutson, Reinbacher, bare minimum.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I was just going to post, no way Anaheim accepts a Dvo + Anderson + Harris + FLA 1st + Mesar type of package that people thought would land Dubois.

We would at least have to give up a piece like Slaf, Mailloux, Guhle, Hutson, Reinbacher, bare minimum.
Okay, so I think Anderson still has to go in this hypothetical trade.

Anderson + Mailloux + CGY 1st

Give or take some lesser pieces on either side.

Easy deal

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
That wouldn't come close to landing anything. Not Zegras, not Dubois.
I have no idea what the appropriate trade price is for an unsigned RFA in late September. Why don’t you propose what ANA would demand and we go from there?

Assume Slaf Guhle Suzuki Caufield and Dach are off the table.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I have no idea what the appropriate trade price is for an unsigned RFA in late September. Why don’t you propose what ANA would demand and we go from there?

Assume Slaf Guhle Suzuki Caufield and Dach are off the table.

Then there's no trade to make. What's the upside for Anaheim?

Habs fans really need to start looking at the PLD trade as a lesson regarding low-ball offers.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I get that we love Kirby Dach as fans and rightfully consider him an untouchable but there were/are absolutely no reason for a rival GM to entertain that thought when you're talking about dealing young, productive players with a better history so far. We'd laugh at the thought if the shoe was on the other foot and rightfully so.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
As stated previously, Dach is more valuable than Vilardi.

But I'd endorse Dach for PLD if the window was open.

Dach might be but that's really a matter of opinion/preference. They'd be of similar value on the trade market.

I'm not saying this is your personal case but people here really are an incorrigible bunch with trade offers.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Then there's no trade to make. What's the upside for Anaheim?

Habs fans really need to start looking at the PLD trade as a lesson regarding low-ball offers.
There was no lesson with Dubois. It was a one off. Habs did not want him unless he came cheaply or free as a FA. They were not going to trade any current players, only futures.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
There was no lesson with Dubois. It was a one off. Habs did not want him unless he came cheaply or free as a FA. They were not going to trade any current players, only futures.

My point is that those types of packages aren't going to land the young players that people here want. It's stupid and a waste of time to propose them.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Dach might be but that's really a matter of opinion/preference. They'd be of similar value on the trade market.

I'm not saying this is your personal case but people here really are an incorrigible bunch with trade offers.

Yes that's often true, but in general that goes both ways, a lot of people overestimate what it costs to acquire star players in trade.

Of recent trades, I think only Eichel cost an arm and a leg.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
My point is that those types of packages aren't going to land the young players that people here want. It's stupid and a waste of time to propose them.
True unless you are dealing with a Benning or a Bergevin. And Hughes would be the one to do it. he got Dach for very little.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Probably acquire offensive player at next draft instead. Somebodu similar to Dach or Newhook. Rent capspace out to get extra firsts this season. Flip them at draft for Laf?

Save the big money for '25 off season. Going to be big names available. Petterson, Keller types. Habs also have around 20 million coming off the books then. We be challenging for a cup Good match.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad