HF Habs: Would You Extend Zegras an Offer Sheet?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Would you support the Habs offer sheeting Zegras in exchange for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? If so what term and AAV would you give? Also if he does end up in the Habs in this hypothetical, are you happy with the Habs future top 6?
I think we'd have to do a trade.

I mean if centerpieces going the other way are some of our surplus LD's, it may make sense.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
No, we definitely need to convert quantity/futures into quality, but Zegras isn't the guy I'd be targeting.

Ducks would match any offer sheet anyway (unless we went to the 2x1st threshold which would be bad), and his trade value would be too high as I think he's one of the more overrated players in the league right now.

Reactions: jrom

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why are the Ducks playing hard ball with Zegras? I would think a comparable would be Dylan Cozens.
I'm guessing because he may end up being a soft winger, albeit one that can put up 60-70 points. Maybe Anaheim doesn't think he's work 8M AAV long term.

Leo Carlsson and Mason McTavish are their projected top 2 centers.

Reactions: jrom and Tyson

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Would you support the Habs offer sheeting Zegras in exchange for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? If so what term and AAV would you give? Also if he does end up in the Habs in this hypothetical, are you happy with the Habs future top 6?

The Habs don’t have their own 2024 2nd round pick so the AAV would have to match the compensation of the Habs giving up a 1st and 3rd ($4.29 million - $6.435 million). Anaheim would match that.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
An offer sheet...
200.gif

Thank god we don't have a clown GM no more.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They have Carlsson, McTavish, Terry and who else?
You've seen their prospective blue line?!?! Those guys will have to be paid, too.
Zegras can't be counted upon for 1C or even 2C : those spots are for Carlsson and McTavish.
He can be a 2W, I guess? But he's not a 10-million player, and I'm pretty sure no team is looking to emulate the Leafs model.

A bridge deal probably makes him easier to trade, too. Unless he signed to a sweetheart deal, which he isn't ready to accept for all we know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Egresch

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You've seen their prospective blue line?!?! Those guys will have to be paid, too.
Zegras can't be counted upon for 1C or even 2C : those spots are for Carlsson and McTavish.
He can be a 2W, I guess? But he's not a 10-million player, and I'm pretty sure no team is looking to emulate the Leafs model.

A bridge deal probably makes him easier to trade, too. Unless he signed to a sweetheart deal, which he isn't ready to accept for all we know.
I don't think playing hard ball with Zegras will benefit Anaheim. Time will tell.

Reactions: Runner77

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Zegras is ideal player for bridge deal. He has skills, but still needs to prove a lot. I do not see a player for Cup winning team. Definitely not a good one for Habs.
Are we looking for Drouin replacement?
I would aim higher, next summer RFA is Elias Pettersson.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Nah. I can't stand Zegras lmao. Bothers me more than anyone.

If we get him and lock him up at 8M I would snap

Reactions: DougHarvey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad