Would you ever let a stranger use your cell phone?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Last night (around 11 pm) as I was walking underground on the concourse level of a subway station towards the exit, some girl (I am a male, by the way) that was walking in the opposite direction asked me "do you have a phone I can use?" I said nope and kept walking away. Did I do the right thing? She did not look to be in any kind of distress that I could see. I have never ever had that happen to me before (where somebody asks to borrow my phone). My first instinct was to be safe than sorry. Never really had the time to think what I would ever do in such a situation. Would you ever let a complete stranger use your cell phone?

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
If the person asking was a twenty/thirtyish woman with big ****ing **** and a *******going personality, sure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Tell her to use the payphone to make a collect call. No reason a transit station shouldn't have one

Goonzilla

Welcome to my house!
Feb 18, 2014
The rink ..too often
Never..and neither should others. It's a high risk thing to do, just like you never allow anyone inside your home to use the phone.

If someone appears in distress or there might be a genuine reason or need, you can always call the Police or make the call for them, ask them who they want to ring and to give you the number. You can pass on a message or relay what they want to tell the person.

Of course be aware of your surroundings where you are and where you might be. If you're alone in the subway and six homeboys ask for a cigarette or to borrow your phone, get ready to run.

If you're not comfortable..'no sorry' is the right answer.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Have to be an emergency or something but I'd watch them to see what they where doing with it.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
This happened to me recently

Can I use your phone?
Why?
It's personal
So is my phone.

Got a weird look. Then I walked away after a few seconds of silence.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
But I will say it depends what you have on your phone and how much your phone costs. My phone is 150 Canadian brand new no contract and I don't really have anything important on my phone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad