Would you consider McDavid righ now better than prime Crosby?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
100% agree Crosby plays a style that’s more geared toward the playoffs. McDavid reminds me of Lindros a bit. Lindros was at a completely different level than everyone else but he didn’t make his teammates better, his teammates benefitted from the attention he drew. I’m not seeing Connor make consistent plays that open up the ice for other players. He opens up the ice for himself and sometimes his passes are delayed or not accurate almost out of frustration.

Not hating on McD, just what I’ve noticed the past few years and I believe he’s going to figure it out.

Lindros has really good playoff stats and played great during his run to the finals in the 90s. He ran into a far superior team in Detroit though and was shutdown to an extent much like Crosby was. So far McDavid has just not been on either of their levels in the playoffs, but he is still only 24 so hopefully he gets better later in his career.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Would he have a Cup and 8 series wins playing on the Oilers roster though?

I don't think so.

Players like Nugent Hopkins and Yamamoto ... while I appreciate Yamamoto being a battler for a kid who's only 5'8 ... it's very hard to win playoff rounds with players this soft. They are ghosts in the playoffs.

In 2007 -2008 these were the penguins top 6 forwards.
Crosby - 27pts
Hossa - 26pts
Malkin - 22pts
Malone - 16pts
Sykora - 9pts
Talbot - 9pts

That roster was so top heavy and led by three players. Having Hossa is practically the only big difference. Malone only got points because Malkin shot the puck off of him.

Reactions: Vegeta

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Someone on here told me McDavid was strong on the puck in the corners. Having watched him get bumped off the puck several times by the jets I can confirm that is not true. Mcdavid’s skill and speed are worth the price of admission alone. Unfortunately the league doesn’t want to highlight speed and skill in the playoffs. They want big, slow, clutch and grab hockey where every goal is a grind. Crosby can play that style. McDavid can’t.

If McDavid is building a reputation as an all time great and challenging those who have established themselves like Crosby, the onus is on him to show domination in all NHL formats - easy breezy regular season or clutch and grab playoffs. You can’t do one, not the other and then blame the league and poor teammates for falling short of a complete resume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad