Would you consider McDavid righ now better than prime Crosby?

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Obviously sids prime was cut short by the injuries but from what you’ve seen do you consider McDavid at the same age better? What player would you take at the age of 24 out of the two?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He blasts Crosby ! All these Homer's keep bringing Crosby was a more complete player give your f***ing heads a shake. Crosby became a better defensively player when his offense started to subside. McDavid right now is Mario and Wayne category. His ability to generate offense is unmatched In the history of the league. Only 66 and 99.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
"Sid was a more complete player" because he was playing on a complete team? Crosby's defensive play is becoming more and more overrated. McDavid is better now than Sid ever was, I'm sorry to say but it's true. If McDavid doesn't win a cup or 2 Sid will go down as the greater player because that is how team sports go but other than that, gimme McJesus please.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
At this points its hard to argue that Connors season thus far is top 5 in the past few decades

In addition, defensively this year McDavid is actually quite solid. If you want to dig into the underlying numbers, his defensive metrics have seen a pretty noticeable uptick and now in the positive range

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I take McDavid but maybe its recency bias... he's on almost a 160 point pace though. What was crosbys best?
Sid was injured throughout most of his 'best' or prime, despite coming off numerous injuries from 2010-2013 he scored 55 goals & 159 points over 99 games, but he's consistently been a dominate 200ft player both regular season & playoffs.

If McDavid keeps this up or even improves further I think it's highly likely McDavid becomes the better player offensively, but he's miles behind defensively, so all-round Sid will likely have him unless he takes a huge step in that part of his game.

He definitely has the potential to become the better player, just don't think he will.

Reactions: Anichels

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
He blasts Crosby ! All these Homer's keep bringing Crosby was a more complete player give your f***ing heads a shake. Crosby became a better defensively player when his offense started to subside. McDavid right now is Mario and Wayne category. His ability to generate offense is unmatched In the history of the league. Only 66 and 99.
It’s great that you have such a great player but Crosby was insane in his prime. I actually think McDavid is better but Crosby probably has 2-3 more art rosses if not for injuries. Give your head a shake buddy, you don’t have to downplay Crosby we can all see how good McDavid is.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I know it's hilarious. I have never seen a player in the last 20+ years who can generate countless high danger chances a game. He has some off nights, but not many

Reactions: grentthealien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->