Proposal: Would you bring Richards back home? (Vinny trade)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely agree they should have used a compliance buyout on him, especially with how bad Dustin Brown's contract is. They're going to get burned trying to keep too many people.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Definitely agree they should have used a compliance buyout on him, especially with how bad Dustin Brown's contract is. They're going to get burned trying to keep too many people.

You may be right about this. I think it's that thing, where after you win a championship, your 40 point 3C is all of a sudden better than all of the other 40 point 3C's out there because of intangibles or leadership or something.

I still root for Richards though. He may be past the point of "turning it around," but if we miss the playoffs I'll probably end up cheering for him & the Kings.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'd rather have vinny no doubt about that.

1. Vinny is the better player
2. His contract is better than Richards.

THis is a no brainer.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Nope.

The first person I thought of when the NHL introduced the amnesty buy-out was Richards; the way you could see his body breaking down and knowing that he was going to paid $5.75M for years and years amd years was enough to see that he was on borrowed time.

One of the best playoff performers of his generation, but he just can't play the same or keep up with the pace of play anymore.

Can't imagine paying him for five more seasons after this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad