Would you be content with Kadri as a #2 center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I'm pretty satisfied with Kadri as #2 center.

Let's keep Clarkson the hell away from him.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Yes, and he already is a pretty decent one. Couple more years of experience and maturing and we will have an elite 2nd line center in my opinion.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I voted yes, but only with the caveat that I would trade him and Bozak for an actual #1 in a heartbeat

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Nope !! early on, i was ok with it, but i don't see us contending with kadri as 2C

whether you like it or not, he is not great at anything !!

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Yes, though I'm hoping he turns into a true #1 centre at some point. But I'll be happy with him being an elite #2.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
If he doesn't improve defensively, I'd prefer to see him shifted over to the wing at some point. He's still relatively young though, so I'd give him another chance if there are no better options.

But Bozak-Kadri cannot be our 1-2 punch longterm if we ever want to compete for anything beyond a lower playoff spot.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
whether you like it or not, he is not great at anything !!

Really? Passing, stick handling, hitting... And those are just things he's GREAT at

His biggest flaws are strength, faceoffs, and defensive positioning; all of which are improved with age, experience, and dedication. And kadri is definitely 100% dedicated to hockey based on him making the Leafs with all you haters and detractors.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Really? Passing, stick handling, hitting... And those are just things he's GREAT at

His biggest flaws are strength, faceoffs, and defensive positioning; all of which are improved with age, experience, and dedication. And kadri is definitely 100% dedicated to hockey based on him making the Leafs with all you haters and detractors.

That's not dedication. It's turning a blind eye. Regardless, I agree with the rest of your post

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
From a skill standpoint yes. But he is a selfish hockey player and a whiner and diver, and a cheapshot artist. Everytime I watch him play, i think of Mike Ribiero, who I cannot stomach.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Look at his point production last year, in what was his first full year in the league AND as the experts here pointed out, a "bad year" for him.

Of course you want him as your second line C. Who the hell would you rather have? Bolland?

In fact - I would like to see him get some time with Kessel this season.

GreekLeafer

Dec 6, 2010
Ottawa
Trading Kadri would be the worst thing the Leafs can do at this point, besides signing Bolland to anything close to what he wants. We would rue the day.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
For the next couple years, yes. Hopefully he continues to grow. In a couple years I would hope we would improve one way or another, either Nylander or Kadri getting better or some sort of trade or getting McDavid(hahaha).

mikebel111*

From a skill standpoint yes. But he is a selfish hockey player and a whiner and diver, and a cheapshot artist. Everytime I watch him play, i think of Mike Ribiero, who I cannot stomach.

Wrong and than some. Especially the selfish, whiner, and cheapshot garbage.
Lol like only one cheapshot
Dont make things up.
Sorry he is not a bust

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Yes, I'm happy. I want to see him in that spot long term. But definitely need a stronger supporting cast around him and above him (Bozak right now, but Bozak for me would be a great 3rd line centre).

mikebel111*

Where did I say that?

I know you didn't. But there were many who thought Frattin was better
I agree he is similar to Ribeiro, but only skill wise and less diving from Kadri
Kadri actually draws penalties
Kadri much better than Ribeiro

I think Rielly is Karlsson because both have elite O tools.
See how wierd that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad