Would this hypothetical player get into the HoF?

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Yes definitely. Would probably also qualify for sainthood and/or getting burned at a stake just to be safe.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
A goalie who went 16-0 in the playoffs in his rookie season, all shutouts with over 50 shots per game, and then died in the offseason. HoF?

He wouldn't be enshrined as a HHOF member but would have some memorabilia and a small display about him somewhere I am sure.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Nah. It was like pulling teeth to get a player like Lindros in based on longevity concerns when he played over 800 games (RS + playoffs). That goalie would be a legend, but not in the Hall.

Fishboy*

Jun 29, 2017
Azerbaijan
And what if all the games were 1-0 triple OT 16 games in a row, with the cup winner coming from a long bomb by the goalie himself from the defensive blueline, top shelf first ever goalie on goalie goal?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
And what if all the games were 1-0 triple OT 16 games in a row, with the cup winner coming from a long bomb by the goalie himself from the defensive blueline, top shelf first ever goalie on goalie goal?

But did he break Gretzky's points record? What you're describing is 1 point in 16 games, kind of weak actually.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

This gave me a good laugh. F***ing off season man.:laugh:
He would be hailed as the greatest goaltender of all time, and the second coming of Christ. My bigger question is, if we are assuming he dies, how does he die?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
In the regular season he did. Assists only though. 84-0 cause he got traded at the deadline to a team with fewer games played.

Rookie goalie who only gets wins and shutouts and breaks Gretzky's assist record gets traded mid-season. I hope they got a good prospect and a mid-round pick at least in return for him.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
Nah someone who pulled of the greatest performance in the history of sports shouldn't make it. :sarcasm:

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Isn't there stipulations in place to get into the HHOF? Like years of playing for a playing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad