Would the Wings like to have Burmistrov?

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Burmistrov was a highly rated junior in his draft year and went in the top 10 a few years back. He made it public today he wants out of Winnipeg. I like his size and skill for a center. Anyone have anything to share about him?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
no, if he is demanding out of the Peg, probably one of the greatest hockey cities in the world, before accomplishing jackshi... then he isnt red wing material

he needs to just go and play before he starts making demands

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This kind of reminds me of the Turris deal a little, and that's another guy I would have liked to have.

Young Russian center with skill. And we have an again Russian center who he could learn a lot from.

Yeah I'd definitely be interested in Burmi. Could go back to running 3 legit scoring lines, with 3 legit scoring line centers.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
no, if he is demanding out of the Peg, probably one of the greatest hockey cities in the world, before accomplishing jackshi... then he isnt red wing material

he needs to just go and play before he starts making demands

He's an RFA with no contract. He doesn't fit the Jet system very well. Request =/= 'demand'. If he was chasing money or something he could easily bolt overseas, but that's not what he's after. He just wants a chance to prove himself, and the past 2-3 years have shown it's not working in the Winnipeg organization.

He could definitely learn a lot from Pavel.. If Filp is leaving, Burmi could fill that hole nicely with the potential to be something more. I'm not sure what we have to offer in return, it would most likely be a combination of high level picks and prospects. It's an interesting thought but a longshot to happen in reality.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Have to imagine the return won't be all that great since this is a very real threat if you're Winnipeg. They have to move him or he will go play for good money in Russia. This kills them in terms of leverage IMO.

I would be interested but not likely to pay a steep price on a guy that has disappointed to date. He didn't even look all that great in the AHL this season.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Have to imagine the return won't be all that great since this is a very real threat if you're Winnipeg. They have to move him or he will go play for good money in Russia. This kills them in terms of leverage IMO.

I would be interested but not likely to pay a steep price on a guy that has disappointed to date. He didn't even look all that great in the AHL this season.

His agent said that he would not sign in Russia though. I think he's a kid that definitely wants to play in the NHL.

He'd likely be a good fit in Detroit because he's committed to a 2-way game at a young age. He has some real nice skill too, but has yet to figure out how to fully use it - especially at this level.

And after all his idol is Pavel.

I definitely wouldn't say no to adding the kid.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well this is from the Winnipeg article on this.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/burmistrov-wants-out-of-winnipeg-208450711.html

The Jets attempted to trade Burmistrov and reportedly had discussions with the Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders at the deadline. The names Jakob Silfverberg, Drew Stafford and Kyle Okposo have all been attached to Burmistrov trade rumours.

So seems they have significant value attached to him still. I don't know what we have that they would be super interested in, but we are talking an asset most around here will be surprised to see go.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Rights to Filppula for rights to Burmi? Or sign then trade Flip to the Peg for Burmistrov?
I'd love to have him, Datsyuk mentoring him as Igor did with Pavs when he broke in. Is Larionov his agent? I have a hard time remembering Igor's clients.

Aug 6, 2012
Rights to Filppula for rights to Burmi? Or sign then trade Flip to the Peg for Burmistrov?
I'd love to have him, Datsyuk mentoring him as Igor did with Pavs when he broke in. Is Larionov his agent? I have a hard time remembering Igor's clients.

They do need a center and I think Winnipeg would be a good fit for Filppula. But TZE pointed out they were asking for Silfverberg, Okposo, etc. so I'm guessing they'd want Nyquist.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
They do need a center and I think Winnipeg would be a good fit for Filppula. But TZE pointed out they were asking for Silfverberg, Okposo, etc. so I'm guessing they'd want Nyquist.

Nyquist would be a steep price, especially after the playoffs he is having; I think he may have played himself into the untouchable category of prospects if he was not there already.
I think Burmi could be worth moving some assets for, but would have to say no if Goose is who they want. Not sure if they would or could handle Fil and the 5M he is seeking anyways, but it would be nice if it played out that way.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Realistically if they ask for prospects we are looking at Jarnkrok, Tatar, Jurco, Ouellet as likely targets for them. Not real high on giving up those guys. I do think the Wings would entertain the idea of moving Tatar for him though. Sproul doesn't fit they have too many right handed shots on their D already.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

No I believe his agent is Mark Gandler.

Aug 6, 2012
Realistically if they ask for prospects we are looking at Jarnkrok, Tatar, Jurco, Ouellet as likely targets for them. Not real high on giving up those guys. I do think the Wings would entertain the idea of moving Tatar for him though. Sproul doesn't fit they have too many right handed shots on their D already.

I'd move Tatar for him.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
We're sort of stacked at center, but if Helm's back doesn't let him go on...

He could also be a good understudy for Pasha.
Saw Helene St. James tweet something about him having another setback today and isn't skating anymore. At this point I think you have to start thinking about a back-up plan for losing Helm.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I'd move Tatar for him.
Would rather move Ironhook but that's only because Tatar has been my favorite prospect for years hah. I wonder if mid-level prospect + 1st would get it done, or is that overkill? I don't know much about this guy, to be honest.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would rather move Ironhook but that's only because Tatar has been my favorite prospect for years hah. I wonder if mid-level prospect + 1st would get it done, or is that overkill? I don't know much about this guy, to be honest.

I think Jarnkrok is better than Burmistrov right now... So really not high on that swap. Also pretty excited for a right handed draw guy.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Saw Helene St. James tweet something about him having another setback today and isn't skating anymore. At this point I think you have to start thinking about a back-up plan for losing Helm.

Done.
oilers_red_wings_hockey.jpg

Andersson and Ferraro for Burmistrov.

Sold.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I'd move Tatar for him.

Why??? Burmistrov couldnt score in the AHL, they're the same age and Tatar has shown more upside in the NHL already... Why would you be willing to give up a better player? Because of where he was drafted? Because he's worth more in NHL13?

Tatar is a much better player...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad