Would McCabe make the Italian team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mace_37

Nov 27, 2005
Canada
shawn_kemp said:
McCabe = Canada's scapegoat

I'm a Leafs fan and I'm usually one of the first to defend McCabe, but he stunk that game. His pass led to a 2 on 1 rush and his penalty led to a 5 on 3. He sucked balls that game. I just hope he doesn't fold under the pressure if we make it to the playoffs like he is now.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Phaneuf would be a good choice. They wouldn't have to play him much but it would be great experience for the future Olympian.

C-J...*

Lion of the North said:
McCabe sucks on the big ice, eh? No news to swedes as he couldnt "hack it" in the SEL.

Haha...yeah, he was a healthy scratch in one of the worst teams in the SEL last season.

Fredrik Olausson (former Penguin/Red Wing) plays there and was twice as good despite being like 300 years old by now :bow:

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
He is Quinn's baby, that's why he's on the team. There is no ****ing reason in hell why Phaneuf shouldn't be on this team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I usually defend McCabe, everyone has a bad game once in a while. He is better then he has played so far this tournament. But for him to embarrass not only himself but the whole country by mouthing off to the refs and taking a misconduct is unacceptable. This isnt the leafs Brian you have to have some class when you represent your country.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
DrMoses said:
Your post stinks...
no it's right

Funny how the man who was supposed to be on the taxi squad, gets bumped to 7th d and is replaced by Bouwmeester. McCAbe is out of place when surrounded by real hockey players on both ends. He is only there because of Quinn.

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
Man you guys are making it harder for Leaf fans to enjoy the pursuit of gold medal when their defenceman gets bashed to heck. Team Canada is a team, the players themselves dont look at each other as superstars but as team players, why can't Canadian fans do the same and stick on the same side for two weeks. Bash all you want after the finals, but right now please bottle in the hockey passion in unison so that if by any chance we could control the performance of the team, we're wishing for the right things. I don't believe in jinxes or anything new age, but mentioning McCabe as a horrible dman multiple times is just being negative and if I may say insulting to Wayne Gretzky.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chandler55 said:
mentioning McCabe as a horrible dman multiple times is just being negative and if I may say insulting to Wayne Gretzky.

I'd say it's more insulting to McCabe. Basically he should put up and shut up.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Realm said:
I love all the Leaf Haters, get a life! Who else do you want in there?
Phaneuf, Hannan, Boyle, McClaren, Staios, Stuart, Boucher & Phillips, and that's all I could come up.

It's not that we hate the Leafs, it's that McCabe is disgustingly over rated because Kaberle carries him. McCabe couldn't make the Swiss team with the way he plays. Brutal, it's good to see him as the #7 D-man, hopefully as the tournament rolls on, he plays less and less

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Chandler55 said:
Man you guys are making it harder for Leaf fans to enjoy the pursuit of gold medal when their defenceman gets bashed to heck. Team Canada is a team, the players themselves dont look at each other as superstars but as team players, why can't Canadian fans do the same and stick on the same side for two weeks. Bash all you want after the finals, but right now please bottle in the hockey passion in unison so that if by any chance we could control the performance of the team, we're wishing for the right things. I don't believe in jinxes or anything new age, but mentioning McCabe as a horrible dman multiple times is just being negative and if I may say insulting to Wayne Gretzky.

Oh no, we better not insult the Great One (the resurrection of Jesus Christ). :shakehead

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Chandler55 said:
Then don't enjoy it because your beloved hero doesn't have the player that carries him on his team. It's too bad Kaberle isn't Canadian, because then they could pair those two and McCabe would have a shot. McCabe had a big offensive start that's the only reason he made this team, and frankly shouldn't have. But you can't get away with insulting the Great one, Pat Quinn had a say, and Mr. 'i like extra gum' was probably the one that got that overrate goof ball (for lack of a better term) on the Team.

In conclusion. If Leafs fans don't like hearing this, stop watching the Olympics, and Don't have say anything disparaging about the Great one, because YOU HAVEN"T EARNED THAT RIGHT.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i before the lock

mccabe = {looks for puking smilie but cant find it}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad